RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Anyone else come accross the 2 players that are hacking on experimental servers? one of them even gave me an m4 with 99/20 clip because i helped him bloodbag. was teleporting around the map just killing everyone, 2 of them one by the name of Yesus. happened every night for last 3 days

in de 04 serve now

Edited by Ph4tPigeon

Today our entire team of 7 was taken out 60 seconds after logging into the game. We were away from the city, just in and around a few building outside the normal high traffic areas and everyone was either behind walls, trees, or other hard surfaces and everyone got taken out by the same wall hacker. He knew where everyone was as soon as we logged in. Everyone of us was in different locations but within earshot of one another and I have never seen anything like this before. I was even inside a garage, not touching any walls and got shot through the wall. I sure wish there was a way to tell who shot who and a way to report this stuff. This week alone guys in my group have run across multiple hackers ranging from speed hacks, to ESP hacks, and even ammo hacks. It's getting worse and worse.

I know it's Alpha it sure would be nice if we could help the Devs weed out these hackers, battleeye doesn't seem to be doing much right now at least if there was a way to report someone that would be half the battle. As it stands right now, DayZ standalone is a hackers paradise, no one can report anyone else and even recordings don't show any details.

• Like 3

I agree completely but the biggest issue for me is the name not being linked to the steam account, without it there is literally no way to report someone even if you have their in game name.

Today our entire team of 7 was taken out 60 seconds after logging into the game. We were away from the city, just in and around a few building outside the normal high traffic areas and everyone was either behind walls, trees, or other hard surfaces and everyone got taken out by the same wall hacker. He knew where everyone was as soon as we logged in. Everyone of us was in different locations but within earshot of one another and I have never seen anything like this before. I was even inside a garage, not touching any walls and got shot through the wall. I sure wish there was a way to tell who shot who and a way to report this stuff. This week alone guys in my group have run across multiple hackers ranging from speed hacks, to ESP hacks, and even ammo hacks. It's getting worse and worse.

I know it's Alpha it sure would be nice if we could help the Devs weed out these hackers, battleeye doesn't seem to be doing much right now at least if there was a way to report someone that would be half the battle. As it stands right now, DayZ standalone is a hackers paradise, no one can report anyone else and even recordings don't show any details.

Cheaters get banned in waves, and each time they get banned they have to buy a new account because they will receive VAC and BE GUID bans. 

I agree completely but the biggest issue for me is the name not being linked to the steam account, without it there is literally no way to report someone even if you have their in game name.

Yeah, I saw this coming when they instigated that to protect twitchers from the big, mean stream snipers. :rolleyes:

Protecting a tiny portion of the player base from another tiny portion of the player base, who hadn't violated the ToS anyway is not worth making it impossible to identify and report abuse.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 2

Cheaters get banned in waves, and each time they get banned they have to buy a new account because they will receive VAC and BE GUID bans. 

So has anyone realized steam and arma make more money if they allow hacks to work at all, so when wave ban happens, some of them buy new accounts.   Does no one else realize that steam and arma benefit by not preventing hacks in first place?

• Like 3

So has anyone realized steam and arma make more money if they allow hacks to work at all, so when wave ban happens, some of them buy new accounts.   Does no one else realize that steam and arma benefit by not preventing hacks in first place?

Allow hacks? That is just the most oddest thing I have heard today...I don't think you understand the concept of cheatsy doodling man. Just because you see it all the time doesn't mean it's because companies want to make more money or can't stop it. Cheating / Hacking will always happen, only thing that you can do is keeping patching the hole and hoping it will last you awhile before it comes off.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Capitalism works, it's the only way to encourage fairness and people with money are intrinsically good, fair minded people! you're not a communist are you? YOU GOD DAMN TERRORIST!

See you in Guantánamo Bay comrade.

But seriously, you're kind of correct... it serves valve and bohemia's purposes to perform somewhat of a balancing act, if the cheats get completely out of hand then it would keep legitimate players away and cost them money, however until things approach that breaking point, any real effort to curb cheaters isn't going to be cost effective. That's just the way things are, it's the same for every game, no company is going to spend money unless not doing so would cost them more.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

Yes mate and that's the realization i have come to as well. Nothing else adds up, they have been doing the same thing for years now and nothing has changed in the way they deal with hackers. Every party involved makes more money if they let the ferris wheel keep spinning and the only ones who really pay are the honest gamers.

Steam = New account, more money

Bohemia = more money

battleeye and vac = more business

Plus the companies that are selling the hacks make a ton of money and i jut look at this and think from a business perspective who out of these guys would actually want to stop hacking, because if i ran a business like battleye i would not want to, ask yourselves that question, which of these companies really wants to stop hacking altogether.

Imagine the awful rep you'd get by allowing people to hack in your game though lol, it would be full of hackers, and would be no fun at all and would be dead within 2 months I'd say.

Imagine the awful rep you'd get by allowing people to hack in your game though lol, it would be full of hackers, and would be no fun at all and would be dead within 2 months I'd say.

If that were even remotely the case or true arma should have been dead years ago.

Edited by anothercynicalbrit

If that were even remotely the case or true arma should have been dead years ago.

No, you're completely incorrect lol. BattlEye obviously bans, and hacks are in no way shape or form allowed. Sure, they may be bad at catching them, but no, they're not allowed. And I know a ton of people who play without hacks on ArmA and DayZ. 

No, you're completely incorrect lol. BattlEye obviously bans, and hacks are in no way shape or form allowed. Sure, they may be bad at catching them, but no, they're not allowed. And I know a ton of people who play without hacks on ArmA and DayZ. 

arma 2 was full of hackers, are you for real ??.

You said hackers would ruin the reputation of a game, well arma is the perfect example of how that is NOT true, i don't know what an earth you are talking about in your post but it is a lot more simpler then that

Edited by anothercynicalbrit

arma 2 was full of hackers, are you for real ??.

You said hackers would ruin the reputation of a game, well arma is the perfect example of how that is NOT true, i don't know what an earth you are talking about in your post but it is a lot more simpler then that

No I said imagine the rep you'd get by allowing people to hack in your game. Meaning people like game reviewers making reviews like "They let people hack in their game, was this a joke game? 1/10." Did you read my statement incorrectly?

Its true that insta bannin would counter hackers better to an extent.
Hacker gets banned and wont be hacking immediately again, as the hack he uses is detectable. Hack needs to be modified again, and no general thumb sucking hacker can do this. Wave bans allow hackers to hack almost nonstop for the time between waves.

BattlEye works fantastic. I haven't seen a single hacker in my 100 hours of play time in Standalone. Some thoughts on this thread...

- Instant banning hackers is retarded. How would this better counter hackers? One guy gets banned, tells everyone, nobody touches the hack, a new undetected hack comes out the next day. Nothing is accomplished. The point is to ban hackers, remember?

- Hacking isn't something that is "allowed" to make profit. Hackers have the potential of ruining a game's reputation, which is far more important than allowing hackers to run amok. How does banning hackers in waves encourage hackers to rebuy the game versus banning them instantly? There is no difference. This idea is such a farce, anyone who seriously thinks this is true should unplug their computers from the internet.

- Your hacker report is WORTHLESS, that's why Valve and any other gaming company doesn't accept hacker reports! They can't do anything mere suspicions of people hacking - they aren't going to create some super-Admin DayZ characters and stalk players that have been accused of hacking. And obviously they aren't going to ban someone because you claim you thought they were hacking. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Edited by t1337Dude
  • Like 1

Instabanning is not retarted... 95% of the hackers are just kiddies that arent part of some hacking community to spread the word and those guys who are will be altering the hacks more often and at some point they will run out of loopholes in the game to hack through.

And if we keep banning in waves, what good is to ban hackers if the hackeres are back in few minutes with new account just to keep going fullretarted for few days to repeat. Sure some of the regular skript kiddies will be turned away by this too, but as many as with instaban.

Maybe instaban older hacks and wave ban newer "builds".. in any case, it really doesnt matter. They should just not ban any hackers and fix the holes they hack through so there is no reason to ban at all.
But Im happy they are doing the banning, doesnt matter really when.

ps. Its not necessary to post in such hostile tone, doesnt make your opinnion any more right or wrong telling another ones being "retarted", just "brainstorming" here. No idea is retarted, nor enyone should unplug anything.
Unless your part of the hacking community and have inside on valve, be working order your opinnion is good as any

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

I saw this happen in the mod

And the same thing seems to be happening again, I've encountered 4 hackers this week, all which killed me in impossible ways such as a full auto sawn off shotgun

Ban waves are ineffective

Here's what's happening:

Hacker joins server

Kills everyone one by one

40 players now have had a bad day

Hacker keeps on killing them

No way to report hacker

Worst case scenario? Admin shuts down and gives up running a server

In the mod, I became friends with a really good admin who never played

He spent all day everyday he was online banning hackers and never got a chance to play

After the same hacker joined and spawned a Load of stuff, the admin closed down his server and gave up playing dayz for good

Granted that's a worst case scenario, but admins who legitimately run servers only have 2 options, scan the logs which they probably don't understand and ban the hacker which takes up their time

Or switch off their server for a while and hope the hacker doesn't come back

People paying for servers shouldn't have to take such drastic measures such as closing down a server they pay for just because some douche is hacking

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Instabanning is not retarted... 95% of the hackers are just kiddies that arent part of some hacking community to spread the word and those guys who are will be altering the hacks more often and at some point they will run out of loopholes in the game to hack through.

Shows you know jack shit about hackers. Hacks are almost exclusively hosted on forums (consisting of COMMUNITIES). People don't want to get banned so obviously people are going to flock to hacks that have been recently confirmed as undetected, which typically only happens on a forum.

And if we keep banning in waves, what good is to ban hackers if the hackeres are back in few minutes with new account just to keep going fullretarted for few days to repeat. Sure some of the regular skript kiddies will be turned away by this too, but as many as with instaban.

The vast majority of hackers aren't going to piss $30 every week on a new account to play DayZ. Better to ban the majority of hackers rather than just a handful, right?

Maybe instaban older hacks and wave ban newer "builds"..

That's precisely what they already do.

No idea is retarted

No, there are most certainly dumb ideas, such as the idea that there are no dumb ideas.

Edited by t1337Dude

Maybe instaban older hacks and wave ban newer "builds".. in any case, it really doesnt matter. They should just not ban any hackers and fix the holes they hack through so there is no reason to ban at all.

But Im happy they are doing the banning, doesnt matter really when.

ps. Its not necessary to post in such hostile tone, doesnt make your opinnion any more right or wrong telling another ones being "retarted", just "brainstorming" here. No idea is retarted, nor enyone should unplug anything.

Unless your part of the hacking community and have inside on valve, be working order your opinnion is good as any

What? Banning in waves is the same as instabanning people. They STILL have to buy a new copy and they're still caught. They don't get a "extra" day with ban waves.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

I really hope this post is sarcastic

I really hope this post is sarcastic

No, he was dead serious. lol

What? Banning in waves is the same as instabanning people. They STILL have to buy a new copy and they're still caught. They don't get a "extra" day with ban waves.

The point of banning in waves is to catch as many as possible and make the cheat coders confused. Instantly banning the cheat would result in the cheater warning everybody else, and then only a handful of people would actually get caught.

Edited by TSAndrey

At least with DayZ SA they've promised to redouble their effort to catch and stop hackers.

but yeah most "hacker" are scriptkiddies who download their virus infested hacks from some vague forum, and then they're mad and surprised their accounts got banned.

Edited by DedicateDdos

I remember somone telling me about a game, forgot the name. Well, if you cheat in this game you will get only matched with cheaters then. This is somewhat a great way to deal with hackers :D

At least with DayZ SA they've promised to redouble their effort to catch and stop hackers.

but yeah most "hacker" are scriptkiddies who download their virus infested hacks from some vague forum, and then they're mad and surprised their accounts got banned.

They are not mad, they just rebuy the game. They should raise the price, maybe that hurts at a certain point.

Edited by RoterBallon