RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I haven't seen it yet, and I've played quite a bit of standalone. So my experience is its definitely less than the mod, where it was seemingly inescapable.

The only hacks I have seen that are actually confirmed are ESP, teleporting, and PBO modification.

ESP - Have seen screenshots, not as big of an issue as other hacks, still an issue obviously, much more subtle, harder for other players to detect(though anti-cheat can pick it up), players using this still need to hide/shoot with their own skills

Teleporting - Seen it in streams, fairly large problem, though it is REALLY obvious, unless you are not keeping yourself aware of the surroundings and they come up from behind you, obviously makes them harder to hit and easier to get in close for easy kills

PBO modification - Confirmed by devs(because they posted about working on fixing it), allows you to remove all trees/buildings from the map, so you can run through things, and most importantly, see through things, probably more effective then ESP, can be more obvious

I have not personally seen/confirmed anyone doing any of that, just going by what I have seen in streams/videos/forums/twitter, and I have well over 100 hours of game play, though admittedly, not been playing as much over the last week or so(just waiting for more content mostly).

Now for more:

God mode - I have not seen any hard proof of this, though I don't visit hack forums so I don't know what is going on over there, most seem to be reports of desync mistaken as god mode, or various other things, such as people using the crosshair in third person, not realizing it is not accurate at all(I only play in first person so it has not been an issue for me).

Not to mention the difference between being full blood and full health versus people believing they are at full health, if people are at full health, they likely won't die from 1 hit to the torso even with a mosin, yet due to some peoples misconception of the system, a lot of people are running around at half health or less, and thus they will die with one shot(there are several good videos on this topic on youtube)

Lastly, and this is my understanding of the actual way the game behaves, without actually having access to the games source(or at least, the way the game SHOULD behave).

Player stats like blood, health, stomach, energy, water etc, are all controlled by the server, even if a player hacked his client to make sure he cannot die, the server would be "nope" and not allow that client any further actions.

In the mod, this was actually controlled client side, as were loot spawning and zombie spawning, this is why you could tell if someone was in an area, because there would be zombies, if there were no zombies, it would mean no players, obviously loot and zombie spawning are now controlled by the server, as is(should) everything else.

The reason teleporting works, is because player movement is still controlled client side to some extent, it is also why players can walk through walls etc. This will change in the future, but for now it exists.

You will never get rid of hacks in DayZ, or any other game, however, we will never have hacks like we had in the mod, it will never be possible, for those unfamiliar with hackers in the mod, probably might want to look it up on youtube, some hackers actually entertain in the mod, like a rabbit running around screaming, I miss those guys, but they are few and far between, and I am much happier without all the hacking that the mod has, infact, that was the BIGGEST thing I was looking forward to for Standalone, so I am quite happy.

• Like 2

Firstly, i know there are hundreds of posts about hackers, and even more posts about people saying its desync, lag, buggy game, glitches.

I've encountered hackers at least once a day in the last week, but haven't really caught most of them on video, Tonight i managed to record a hacker after a fire fight in berezino and well i guess the video speaks for itself.

The video contains swearing, if you're offended please just mute the video. last 20 seconds is all you need to watch.

http://youtu.be/1HVXiVc5CbA

This video only shows one incident of cheating but i experience this everyday i play on hardcore servers. Low pop to high pop these people will appear and just destroy your clan in seconds and steal all your shit.

I hope the doubters who don't experience these moments will open their eyes and ask for a better anti cheat before this game goes live.

Even after the 'Alpha' posts, i would like to hear how often you guys see cheaters, and if possible how do you counter them?

• Like 5

.. is indeed "Hacking"

No one doubts hackers are in game, it's an online game...  you will always have them.

Never experienced or heard any of my friends who play experiencing hackers.  Strikes me as odd that nearly everyone who opens a thread about the issue has been victim multiple times.

• Like 1

No one doubts hackers are in game, it's an online game...  you will always have them.

Never experienced or heard any of my friends who play experiencing hackers.  Strikes me as odd that nearly everyone who opens a thread about the issue has been victim multiple times.

This.

Same for me, 300+ hours, and never saw one...it hits me too.

• Like 1

This.

Same for me, 300+ hours, and never saw one...it hits me too.

This, Not denying that they exist, it just seems odd that it is a crapshoot.

Either people run into them every day, or have never seen one.

OP, out of curiosity, how many hours have you logged?

• Like 1

Watched the video.

That was desync..my friend has appeared like that many times.

Although there ARE hackers, but 80% of hacker claims are pure bs.

Edited by Geckofrog7

Its never in the middle is it? 

Its either

Ive never seen one. 

Ive only seen one, once.

I see them more than my own face. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 7

not sure why you're trolling and saying desync, but sure whatever.

I have 290 hours logged since january when i bought the game.

I've experienced a hacker too. My entire group was in elektro, will M4s and we just killed these randoms who just popped up with fully geared M4s with all attachments. Then after we kill them we safely go into the 3rd story of a house to hide. Then a shotgun noise goes off and we insta get killed. Not anywhere near windows and all doors shut.

77% of statistics are made up.

Also, I should post the video of my friend (with a super shitty laptop and wireless internet) who goes completely invisible quite frequently, I managed to get a few minute clip of him fucking shit up inside a house while completely invisible.

• Like 1

Yeah, this can't be desync, there was just twitch-teleports, no random moving / clipping into buildings. He was blinking around, not lagging about.

• Like 1

Also, I should post the video of my friend (with a super shitty laptop and wireless internet) who goes completely invisible quite frequently, I managed to get a few minute clip of him fucking shit up inside a house while completely invisible.

In the early days of ALPHA, this used to happen all the time when I tried playing with my Canadurp friend. 

• Like 1

Dude this can't be desync or shit like that.

It IS a hacker. Holy shit, what kind of desync would that be? 

Damn, I'm impressed. Never seen shit like that in DayZ SA.

I'm also one of those that's never seen a hacker in game and am also of the mind that most hacking reports arejust desyncing issues. But that video is pretty clear cut. The way he was moving around is just too obvious for anyone to claim desync there. Hopefully they will get hit in the next ban wave and they'll have wasted another $50-60 on the game and their lame ass hacks.

I'm also one of those that's never seen a hacker in game and am also of the mind that most hacking reports arejust desyncing issues. But that video is pretty clear cut. The way he was moving around is just too obvious for anyone to claim desync there. Hopefully they will get hit in the next ban wave and they'll have wasted another $50-60 on the game and their lame ass hacks.

Yeah I hope that happens, but dude it's only $30 or so '-'

77% of statistics are made up.

:lol: Love that response Kush

If he is hacking, the next BE ban wave will hopefully give him permanent sad face syndrome <<< FYI I made that syndrome up so no need to google it.

How often are these ban waves?

This is only one video from one moment, but i witness this much more than i would like. Yes i have seen my own clan mates invisible during desync and have played enough hours to know the difference between lag and cheating, but the current teleporting/speed hacking seems to be increasing a lot.

Until the next ban wave how else can we counter this play other than buying our own servers and kicking them?

Watched the video.

That was desync..my friend has appeared like that many times.

Negative. I run with people who have had desync/lag/rubber band issues, and it is NOT like that. They have difficulty controlling their movements, and don't lag jump in a circle around someone, whereas this guy seemed to know exactly where to go. When they rubber band it's usually forward and back - hence the rubber band name. They'll teleport sometimes too, but it's rare, nothing like that.

Hacking is there, it is an alpha, etc. etc. It'll be taken care of in time, hopefully. 

They need to update stable branch...That's the only time the Hackers get banned and the good BE updates work...

You wanna find hackers..Play on Bolota Book Exchange...I'm still being called out by name from a distance while hiding under pine tree's. Speed hacks and all on that server. Feel bad for the owners..

Edited by RyBo

Negative. I run with people who have had desync/lag/rubber band issues, and it is NOT like that. They have difficulty controlling their movements, and don't lag jump in a circle around someone, whereas this guy seemed to know exactly where to go. When they rubber band it's usually forward and back - hence the rubber band name. They'll teleport sometimes too, but it's rare, nothing like that.

Hacking is there, it is an alpha, etc. etc. It'll be taken care of in time, hopefully.

Negative. I've desync'd while running with buddies and all of a sudden where they Should be turning they were running straight for about 10 seconds and then vanished. I kept looking for them and they kept telling me they were right in front of me. This went on for about 5 minutes then poof, they appear out of thin air right in front of me.

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 2

yeah, really hate it. i mean its not hard to kill 2 people who are looting and giving eachother medical attention etc. if he was in the bush he could have gotten both with no hacks. 

you just gotta strike in the right moment, thats how you get kills.. 

Negative. I've desync'd while running with buddies and all of a sudden where they Should be turning they were running straight for about 10 seconds and then vanished. I kept looking for them and they kept telling me they were right in front of me. This went on for about 5 minutes then poof, they appear out of thin air right in front of me.

You cant replicate speed this guy was moving in the OP's video. He's speed hacking, desync doesnt work like that