senorrambo

Losing your player kill virginity.

Quick note before I start;

I've been a fairly frequent visitor to these forums for a long while now, and between a few little posts here and there, and scrolling through thread after thread, I figured it's my turn to attempt to make a decent contribution to the (sometimes) wonderful forums. 

After I quick search which came up with practically nothing, I figured, "Hey, why not just post it?" So I apologise if a similar thread exists, but hey, here goes.

At some time or another I'm sure almost all of you have had the displeasure (or pleasure in the case of you bandit types) of killing other players. It's a major part of the player interaction involved in the game and they say you never forget you first. (Is this killing or sex I can never remember?)

So I'd like to hear it. How did your first player kill in DayZ go down?

I still remember my first kill. It defines how I play to this day(z?)

It was during my first session of playing the mod. I'd been killed by zombies several times and my only encounter with a real live player, which seemed a lot like a mythical concept at the time, ended with me being chased through the moonlit woods by a psychopath letting off rounds in my direction and blasting a children's choir rendition of a "Ring-a, ring-a Rosie" through VoIP.

My first epiphinal moment about the harshness and depravity of the playerbase in this game is what I guess you could call it.

Shortly thereafter, I respawned in Kamenka and after a terrifying 40 minutes of fumbling around I'd managed to end up at the docks at Balota, armed with my very first Makarov. I had just finished searching the big shed and was making my way back onto the docks when I looked up and spotted a player.

Shaken by the experience of my previous characters life I involuntarily opened fire and didn't stop pulling the trigger until I heard the sound of my gun dry firing. Literally shaking I looked down at the now lifeless body of an unarmed survivour, blood spilling from the many gunshot wounds I had just inflicted, backpack filled with nothing but thin air.

I received a rush of emotion which left me physically distraught. "They didn't deserve that!" "What have I done?" "I'm so, so, sorry." I remember my friend whom I was sitting next to actually asking me what was wrong. I said nothing and walked outside. I ended up chain smoking some cigarettes, telling him the story and discussing how fucking immersive this game is.

I had felt genuine guilt for murdering this player. We could have helped each other. I could have avoided this. 

In someway I'm glad it happened this way, because to this day, that experience, that guilt, those bullet wounds, the still body of the innocent player, they all define the way I play. They push me toward the honour of becoming a hero and away from the cowardice of banditry. 

My entire virtual existence in DayZ has become a "quest" for repentance, for forgiveness and for retribution for that one nameless surviour, who changed everything. What a fucking game...

• Like 9

Thats the whole point of this game. That blood and adrenaline rush.

Now imagine this, hardcore server, no server logging, u played 1 week just to have ur hiking boots and shotgun with 1 bullet in it....and u meet up 1 on 1 with someone....thats the adrenaline im hoping of getting one day out of this SA.

• Like 4

Thats the whole point of this game. That blood and adrenaline rush.

Now imagine this, hardcore server, no server logging, u played 1 week just to have ur hiking boots and shotgun with 1 bullet in it....and u meet up 1 on 1 with someone....thats the adrenaline im hoping of getting one day out of this SA.

Exactly how I envision and hope the game will turn out. I want those intense apocalypse scenarios from movies like 'The Road' or 'The Dead'.

I want more tension, more scavenging, more desparity. More end of days.

My first time was very unexpected. I was running along the highway with an axe and no pants and the remains of a can of beans crusted on my lips. I was thirsty and was building an insatiable appetite.

All of a sudden, I see a woman running on the same highway and figure I'll catch up to her and try to talk. She started yelling "friendly, friendly" repeatedly, holding her hands up and posing no threat.

10 minutes later I'm holding an axe over a hand-cuffed body, breathing heavily, vision blurred and covered in blood...

But enough about losing that virginity, no one wants to hear me go on and on about my sex life! Right?

My first kill in DayZ SA, my friend and I got attacked by a guy wielding a baseball bat and refusing to heed our warnings, so we punched him into unconsciousness, and, eventually, to death.

Edited by Rōnin Rick
  • Like 2

Quick note before I start;

I've been a fairly frequent visitor to these forums for a long while now, and between a few little posts here and there, and scrolling through thread after thread, I figured it's my turn to attempt to make a decent contribution to the (sometimes) wonderful forums. 

After I quick search which came up with practically nothing, I figured, "Hey, why not just post it?" So I apologise if a similar thread exists, but hey, here goes.

At some time or another I'm sure almost all of you have had the displeasure (or pleasure in the case of you bandit types) of killing other players. It's a major part of the player interaction involved in the game and they say you never forget you first. (Is this killing or sex I can never remember?)

So I'd like to hear it. How did your first player kill in DayZ go down?

I still remember my first kill. It defines how I play to this day(z?)

It was during my first session of playing the mod. I'd been killed by zombies several times and my only encounter with a real live player, which seemed a lot like a mythical concept at the time, ended with me being chased through the moonlit woods by a psychopath letting off rounds in my direction and blasting a children's choir rendition of a "Ring-a, ring-a Rosie" through VoIP.

My first epiphinal moment about the harshness and depravity of the playerbase in this game is what I guess you could call it.

Shortly thereafter, I respawned in Kamenka and after a terrifying 40 minutes of fumbling around I'd managed to end up at the docks at Balota, armed with my very first Makarov. I had just finished searching the big shed and was making my way back onto the docks when I looked up and spotted a player.

Shaken by the experience of my previous characters life I involuntarily opened fire and didn't stop pulling the trigger until I heard the sound of my gun dry firing. Literally shaking I looked down at the now lifeless body of an unarmed survivour, blood spilling from the many gunshot wounds I had just inflicted, backpack filled with nothing but thin air.

I received a rush of emotion which left me physically distraught. "They didn't deserve that!" "What have I done?" "I'm so, so, sorry." I remember my friend whom I was sitting next to actually asking me what was wrong. I said nothing and walked outside. I ended up chain smoking some cigarettes, telling him the story and discussing how fucking immersive this game is.

I had felt genuine guilt for murdering this player. We could have helped each other. I could have avoided this. 

In someway I'm glad it happened this way, because to this day, that experience, that guilt, those bullet wounds, the still body of the innocent player, they all define the way I play. They push me toward the honour of becoming a hero and away from the cowardice of banditry. 

My entire virtual existence in DayZ has become a "quest" for repentance, for forgiveness and for retribution for that one nameless surviour, who changed everything. What a fucking game...

It...it was YOU!

• Like 2

In mod possibly not first but first that i remember. I had been killed multiple times without harming anyone and at this point i still believed people would actually work together through apocalypse. :)

Anyway, i found sniper rifle from someone's tent,propably dmr so i thought it's my turn to revenge all those deaths of innocent people. Wondering what's good place to ambush someone...balota! So i positioned to "sniper hill" as you'd expect. Waited for eternity and just as i was leaving i saw someone sneaking up in the air control tower. He was just a survivor like me but i thought since i had been waiting for so long and you never know if he's friendly or not..i need to kill him! I aim and "pull the trigger". Survivor drops to the floor.  

I was so full of adrealin from this cowardish murder that i don't know if he died or was just unconcious. Actually i didn't want to find out as someone must have heard this shot so i started running to forest,i ran and ran for kilometers.

Not much of a story and actually my most humiliating death is much better. First "kill" that i remember but definetely not the best.

Not any worth mentioning in standalone,only murders i've committed have been just after spawn basicly just fucking around and not playing the game.

Edited by K120

On a previous well kitted out character the first kill I made was when some new starter came at me with an axe.

1 Shot with my M4 and he was down. Nothing to special but I was kinda like "dude, stop! don't make me kill you".

Had a couple more run ins with people, mostly bandits attempting to KOS but I've not had an epic battle (yet) with anyone as I try to stay out of sight after a couple of bad experiences!

Was forced to fight a woman; bleed first, but still one. After that, sniping out some bandits killing fresh spawns gives you that crazy rush.

For clarification, I never wanted to KoS, but it just happened; I just got blood on my fireaxe.  I was running near cherno area and I came right up behind a guy that was prone.  I looked at his pack and despite never seeing his gun, I decided he had one otherwise why was he sitting here prone (it did not make sense) I was right up on him before I had even seen him myself and I decided he was going to notice me before I got away.  Quite honestly, I had gotten here on accident, only moments before I realized it was morning when for the last hour (rough estimate) I had thought it was afternoon.  I had run from Gorka to Cherno, on accident!  Now I was going to brave Balota, before heading the "true" north.  After wasting that much time, I was sprinting because I just want to be north at this point.  I have no back pack, but there is a point after looking, that you know it is just time to be heading north.

It is amazing how fast the mind works.  It took only a matter of seconds to equip my axe, after an internal discussion that involved assessing the threat followed by a decision of fight or flight.  I was actually planning on just going down with a fight instead of getting shot in the back as I tried to retreat.  My victim was more willing to help me out than I had expected.  He had a magnum and seemed like he could not hit me as I circled around him swinging as fast as I could, then I think he was trying to pull out an M4 as the last blow landed sending him to the ground.  Sorry bro, I really felt bad about it, and if I had come up on you from the other direction, you would have put me down way before I had the chance.  Hopefully you will get me next time.  All your stuff got ruined, but I am going to hold onto it until I get some upgrades.

This is my first and only. I do not go around looking to kill people and I am not good enough to flip the script on those that would wish me harm. I have been armed with an fnx45 and watched people walk past me oblivious to my presence. I stalked one guy following him upstairs walking past the room he went in, looted the other room and walked back out while he still stood over some loot, I closed the door as I left, he had his back turned I had a full mag in the gun, but I thought he was too much of a newb to kill since he was in a yellow raincoat and looting with his back to the open door. Then 10 mins later, I am trying to toggle walk off. Some how it got stuck on. I like to hold shift to sneak. I saw him running at me, I was still looking around as I struggled to not be stuck sneaking. I was not holding the pistol as I did not want to appear hostile, I was actually hoping for some interaction, I was just too afraid to trust anyone. He must have managed a headshot with his axe, because I dropped immediately that pistol was all I really had, I got lucky despite having recently spawned. I think I was wearing a hoodie and starting jeans. So I certainly understand the KoS mentality, even apparent newbs can get lucky when they have the upper hand (my first kill also serves as proof of that).

ya i 4got...to say.

My 1st kill (after countless deaths) in mod a year ago, was lying in grass near pine tree with M14 aim, camping heli crash site about 400 meters away after about 30 minutes....there i saw bandit moving in from woods, scouting area for 5 minutes before finaly going in for loot ...waited when he stoped moving and bam his down , then another hit when he started to bandage himself, and hes dead.

Virgin?

I'm a filthy, filthy trollop.  

A veritable whore.

I can't remember something so trifling as when I lost my v-pk-card...

• Like 3

I've only ever shot one person and they ran around the corner and logged out. Don't think they died. Hope not

Since he logged out I surely hope he died a slow and painfull death ;)

After getting fully geared up with my first Mosin & long range scope I headed back toward the coast. Inspired by the wolfpack videos on youtube, I decided to head to Kamy to help some new players... I had met a friend there the previous day and had noticed a large number of new friendly players in that crossroads town (had several decent interactions there) so I figured that would be a great starting place with a high chance of seeing new spawns. I was hanging out in the hills above town and noticed a couple of stray bodies in the alleys between houses, but not many live players. Eventually I spotted a fresh spawn coming up off the coast running full speed so I decided to go down there and make contact, but at street level I lost sight of the guy. I got down to the main north/south highway and saw just a pile of bodies in the street, maybe 10-12 bodies, some of them with backpacks and helmets still on. Fortunately the rush of doom that overcame me caused me to instinctively run back towards the tree line instead of immediately searching for the killer. Because of the body count I reasoned that the killer must be still in the area, possibly with backup. Once I felt reasonably well hidden in the woods I began tracking new spawns from afar the same way the killer might, figuring this will lead me to him as he will also be tracking the same player. Sure enough I tracked this new spawn through Kamy, south toward Elektro, and as he was leaving the Kamy town limits this fully kitted player emerges from a cabin with a mosin and a green mountain pack, following a shrub line and fence with his back turned toward me. He shoots on the fleeing new spawn, firing wildly as bambi darts back and forth trying to dodge bullets and exit toward Elektro. I'm able to contain myself enough to gain a good line of sight, prone, and line up the shot from my wooded hillside. I breathe slowly. First shot hits (I think), second shot is the confirmed kill, a lung shot and blood everywhere. The disgusting husk of what was once a player crumbles just like the zombies I had practiced on. The shot was 423m according to the web map, which was near my outer limits for accuracy at that time. I waited around for a couple more minutes and since the foul creature appeared to have no friends I decided to leave his kit for those he meant to torture.

This was one of my most memorable and satisfying video game experiences ever. Without you, KoS halfwits, moments like this simply would not be possible.

Edited by Old_Crow_Whiskey
  • Like 6

Interesting stories guys, keep them up. :)

After getting fully geared up with my first Mosin & long range scope I headed back toward the coast. Inspired by the wolfpack videos on youtube, I decided to head to Kamy to help some new players... I had met a friend there the previous day and had noticed a large number of new friendly players in that crossroads town (had several decent interactions there) so I figured that would be a great starting place with a high chance of seeing new spawns. I was hanging out in the hills above town and noticed a couple of stray bodies in the alleys between houses, but not many live players. Eventually I spotted a fresh spawn coming up off the coast running full speed so I decided to go down there and make contact, but at street level I lost sight of the guy. I got down to the main north/south highway and saw just a pile of bodies in the street, maybe 10-12 bodies, some of them with backpacks and helmets still on. Fortunately the rush of doom that overcame me caused me to instinctively run back towards the tree line instead of immediately searching for the killer. Because of the body count I reasoned that the killer must be still in the area, possibly with backup. Once I felt reasonably well hidden in the woods I began tracking new spawns from afar the same way the killer might, figuring this will lead me to him as he will also be tracking the same player. Sure enough I tracked this new spawn through Kamy, south toward Elektro, and as he was leaving the Kamy town limits this fully kitted player emerges from a cabin with a mosin and a green mountain pack, following a shrub line and fence with his back turned toward me. He shoots on the fleeing new spawn, firing wildly as bambi darts back and forth trying to dodge bullets and exit toward Elektro. I'm able to contain myself enough to gain a good line of sight, prone, and line up the shot from my wooded hillside. I breathe slowly. First shot hits (I think), second shot is the confirmed kill, a lung shot and blood everywhere. The disgusting husk of what was once a player crumbles just like the zombies I had practiced on. The shot was 423m according to the web map, which was near my outer limits for accuracy at that time. I waited around for a couple more minutes and since the foul creature appeared to have no friends I decided to leave his kit for those he meant to torture.

This was one of my most memorable and satisfying video game experiences ever. Without you, KoS halfwits, moments like this simply would not be possible.

You seem like the kind of guy I'd definitely team up with. :D

The game design is ment for KOS dont feel bad.

That is all in the eye of beholder. Just like in real life, there are easy and hard ways of getting the things you want. It doesn't necessarily mean the easy way is morally correct. It's all about whether or not you take the easy way or the moral way.

My first in kill in the mod:

I was a total noob back in the days and asked in side chat where i should go and stuff, and some dude told me to have the sun in my back and then just run... 

So somehow i managed to end up at the northwest airfield where i managed to find an mp5 in the forestation (i didnt know yet that the barracks had loot in them) and i saw a player with a sniper rifle just entering a hangar, i followed him, i shot him and he was unconscious and said "please dont kill me, please dont kill me!!" ... i killed him... i felt so bad, i told him i'm really sorry in sidechat and that i regret that i had to kill him :(

I knew i won't kill on sight anymore...

In the SA:

I'm usually friendly and managed to play 20 Hours without kiling anybody but died quite often. But once i was geared up and in electro to help out some babies, i have seen one of the bambies beeing shot in the fire station... so i went up to the sniper hill and spottet a guy with a moisin... i sneeked up on him, yelled really loud to scare the shit out of him and shot him =) he was so scared because of my yelling that he accidentaly fired a shot ^^

• Like 2

It was actually just the other day. I was in Pavlovo, when I came across some camo'd-up bush-wookie crouched in his natural habitat. I was rather confused, as as far as I know, Pavlovo isn't some huge PVP-fuckfest. I snuck up behind him, waited about a minute, then tried talking to him over VOIP. No response. Tried again, nothing. So, I axed him in the head and took his stuff like a pro. As I was putting on my fresh new duds, he started swearing at me over VOIP. Rather funny, and I feel no remorse, no regret.

My first kill was not too long ago... I joined a night server brand new, ran straight towards balota... went into a barracks that had closed doors ( assumed nobody was there)... I went into the first room and found a magnum and 10 rounds on the ground, I was happy, so I started searching more, as I went into the far back room i started walking back out of it and a player fully armed in military equipment spawned in front of me and scared the everliving shit out of me... I just opened fire, all 6 rounds. I ended up hitting all of his loot... I felt kind of bad at first then I found out how bad server hopping has become and I said oh fuck it he had it coming

Edited by Captain Falcon

My first kill happened a few days after installing the standalone. I'd read that Balota was a good place to loot (lol) so I found my way there and met a random player. Neither of us had voice chat and neither knew how to do text chat. We stared at one another for a minute, then jogged to the barracks and looted them together. We each came out with an m4 and some attachments... and started looting the rest of the airfield.

Saw a guy on top of the tower with what looked like another m4. We both dropped down to a crouch and used the nearby hangar for cover. Crept to the edge. Put a round in the tower guy's head, and moved on.

It wasn't until after two more military bases and another dead looter on the way toward NWAF that my silent friend had to log out, but he dropped some extra food and water for me when he went. Never saw him again.

Every kill since then has been the result of people doing incredibly stupid things, like sneaking up on me in the middle of the night and eating the inevitable hail of bullets that such antics will always, always earn you if you aren't careful.

My first and second kill were not memorable because they were kind of lame. We were in a big shooting in Kamyshovo with 5 other guys. My 4 friends were really disorganized and I saw a guy with a motorcycle helmet and an axe coming toward me. I yelled into the mic, "Who is coming toward me on the side of the industrial building?" One friend said it was him, but then the guy started chopping me. I had to run backwards and spray fire this guy who started rubber banding all over and then suddenly fell over. I then followed his friend into a house who also had an axe and gunned him down so he couldn't ambush us. Again, not memorable because I've done that in any shooter.

My 3rd kill is the one I'll never forget.

A guy was terrorizing this 11 year old I had met up with in Balota. 11 years old is pretty young, and made me feel really odd playing with him because saying, "I was playing and conversing with an 11 year old online" sounds like the beginning of a terrible Dateline special... anyway

This kid tried to befriend everyone we ran into. They either ran immediately when they saw me with my M4, or they were like some hillstop sniper who shot the kid then combat logged when I closed in.

Well, oddly enough I found a dead guy on the road with a Mosin and long range scope and ammo for days, so I swappers out my M4. I met up with the kid again outside of Elektro. I sat up on sniper hill and told the kid to make a break for the inner firehouse as I saw Zombies still around, making me believe it was safe to loot. Wrong. As soon as he got near the outer fence, M4 fire from the tower. I could see the barrel but not the player. I then told the kid to move to another side to give me a good shot. He then sprinted and our brave M4 Bambi hunter shifted sides. I made an 800 meter head shot, dropping the guy and giving this kid all pristine super kitted loot because of a semi-lucky headshot.

It became memorable because his friend darted out of the firehouse and guessed wrong because he ran directly away from my position so I didn't have to lead the shot and tagged him in the back, putting him down.

• Like 1