Sign in to follow this  
frosti

Gamma exploit

Will always be darker without the moon.

Sometimes very dark.

Using gamma and brightness will only let you see dark shapes etc nothing more than that when the moon is not out.

When the moon is out in any shape then brightness / gamma work.

Also time of year setting on server makes a difference.

Seen a lot of empty night servers tonight dew to the moon not being out. Believe me it doesn't matter how much you tweak, dark is dark. I can make out shapes etc but nothing like last night full moon was like walking in daytime

Edited by badass68

You need to set video to default, then set gamma to the highest and it will work. However your performance may take a hit due to the settings, so change a few of them and you should be fine. It must be one of the settings mucks up the gamma.

It worked!

Thanks bro!

Now I am gamma exploiting like a boss even in moonless night!

I'm Batman!

Will always be darker without the moon.

Sometimes very dark.

Using gamma and brightness will only let you see dark shapes etc nothing more than that when the moon is not out.

When the moon is out in any shape then brightness / gamma work.

Also time of year setting on server makes a difference.

Seen a lot of empty night servers tonight dew to the moon not being out. Believe me it doesn't matter how much you tweak, dark is dark. I can make out shapes etc but nothing like last night full moon was like walking in daytime

Check out this guy advice, thanks to this trick you will see everything even in moonless nights:

You need to set video to default, then set gamma to the highest and it will work. However your performance may take a hit due to the settings, so change a few of them and you should be fine. It must be one of the settings mucks up the gamma.

It works for me, I see everything.

Thats cool, So they should try tweak the moon then, making cloudless nights abit rare.

Maybe I shouldnt have thrown out my headtorch and all my spare batteries last night duh...

Edit: Ok Ignore that, gamma exploit ftw it seems....

Edited by Mauii
  • Like 1

Edit: Ok Ignore that, gamma exploit ftw it seems....

• Like 1

exploits are for the weak. You are weak. 

• Like 2

Thinking about the 2 nights I spendt in utter darkness thinking it was safer to explore the towns,

I'm amazed I survived all that lol.

exploits are for the weak. You are weak. 

Batman - gamma exploiter

Guy in suit - server hopper

Hobo - legit player

The servers that are pitch black are so gay to play on IMO.  I love playing when there's moonlight and you can see - if the god damn lighting for flashlights weren't like fucking beacons that you can see from miles away, shining through god damn buildings.

Fix Lighting then it would be more enjoyable.

Anyways, I think that it's only some servers that allow for the gamma "exploit" not all of them...  Though haven't tried fiddling with "cloud settings" yet...

The issue is there is no shadow shaders at night, if there was shadow shaders, the light would be properly blocked by walls(and other objects), I assume it is just a matter of time before night is finished with shadows and all(and the ability to disable shadows is removed...)

It worked!

Thanks bro!

Now I am gamma exploiting like a boss even in moonless night!

I'm Batman!

Just hope your not using it to kill people that are playing the game as its meant to be (you know testing, cus we already know of that exploit)...

but cant blame you if you feel you need to use it because others are. I would rather take the risk and experience night as it should be, and if i get killed by exploiters to much and cant play, then i wait for it to be fixed. No fun playing in a way that will be fixed and its not intended

• Like 2

It's the Moon.

If there is moon or in best scenerio full moon night then gamma exploit works with full force.

However if night is moonless then gamma exploiting do nothing.

Which makes me wonder why people say it's en exploit to use the gamma trick during a full moon. I live in the middle of the woods with no street lights and if there is a full moon then you can easily see a pretty good ways, like maybe 200-300 yards if there'S nothing obstructing your view.

It should be pitch black for all people and not just a few, but sadly it ain't..

I believe that nighttime goggles is necessary at the moment in the item pool,

because of long night/day cycles.

And at the moment; a lot of people logs off when it get dark outside, and log in another server when it's morning.

You see a lot more people playing on day servers compare to night servers due to no night goggles.

-Ori 

Edited by Ori42

I always play a lone wolf avoiding people, seeing how long I can last on my own.

As much as I love the intense nature of pitch black nighttime there is just no way I can go back to playing like that when most likely 50%+ of the server can see me bright as day, thats not survival, thats suicide.

And at the moment; a lot of people logs off when it get dark outside, and log in another server when it's morning.

You see a lot more people playing on day servers compare to night servers due to no night goggles.

-Ori 

They find night time to frightening lol funny :P

Added: been on server that are night only, for last few days. Leaning trick like leaving weapon flight light around, before looting, so people thing there are 3-4 people, and not just me :P

Edited by Sooden

majority of player on night server doing gamma exploit :(

is giving advantage on me because I never using :|

for me I playing dayz for pure pleasure and personal enjoy

true black night time server giving me maximum pure pleasure and enjoy ;)

when I die is because some limp dick tiny balls guy make cheat advantage? I never know

more important I never care ;)

when I make kill in game is always fair and I never cheat game or myself and I looking myself in the eye no problem

everytime guys using some system for make easy anything in life they becoming less like man more like bitch

is choice for them ;)

• Like 7

They find night time to frightening lol funny :P

Added: been on server that are night only, for last few days. Leaning trick like leaving weapon flight light around, before looting, so people thing there are 3-4 people, and not just me :P

Aye, zombies.. And wierd noises with fences... Suddenly you hear your deep breath,

a dude sneak up on you and scares the shit out of you with flash light..

This kitten don't like night time..

It's intense with a headset..   :blush:

Edited by Ori42

when I die is because some limp dick tiny balls guy make cheat advantage? I never know

when I make kill in game is always fair and I never cheat game or myself and I looking myself in the eye no problem

everytime guys using some system for make easy anything in life they becoming less like man more like bitch

is choice for them ;)

Absolutely ^This!  :beans:

is choice for them ;)

The last 3 people i saw where not exploiting, could see flash lights on the outside of the building (hope they can fix that, but know there is an issues as have seen it in other games)

but on seeing their lights, i was all Super epic, and hid in a bush, in panic:P

• Like 1

Aye, zombies.. And wierd noises with fences... Suddenly you hear your deep breath,

a dude sneak up on you and scares the shit out of you with flash light..

This kitten don't like night time..

It's intense with a headset..   :blush:

i did feel safer at night, but worry a bit know knowing the exploit is still working :(. still i have my ears... if i manage to catch and kill and exploiter just from foot steps - i will revel in joy :P

added: if you do kill me (Whom ever it is) please give me bobble hat a sea burial 

Edited by Sooden

The last 3 people i saw where not exploiting, could see flash lights on the outside of the building (hope they can fix that, but know there is an issues as have seen it in other games)

but on seeing their lights, i was all Super epic, and hid in a bush, in panic:P

gamma exploit guys taking away this simple pleasure of flashlight play

they ruin for themselves and they ruin for all honest guys >:(

I hope they find way to fix but I don't think is possible because guys can change monitor and GPU gamma

is sad because they don't realise or they don't give fucks what is effect of this exploit on the game  :(

is really make night time pointless

I continue to love it and I get excite also when I see torch and I feel pure love for the guy who using I don't shoot torch guys never :D

is my way to show pure respect for anyone who loving real night time dayz experience

when I spot guy no torch moving around no problem for see I say always in direct 'hey gamma bitch, lights going out for you' then I make headshot :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

is maximum satisfy

Edited by KoS
  • Like 2

Hahah, after a full month of 24/7 daylight servers, it's a nice change of speed.

you've as much chance dieing to someone playing on a potato with everything turned low, or people on high end machines with everything turned down low, as you have of dieing from people with gamma cranked, stop giving a shit and just enjoy the experience of playing with an atmospheric night, it makes the game 100 times more enjoyable.

• Like 4

gamma exploit guys taking away this simple pleasure of flashlight play

they ruin for themselves and they ruin for all honest guys > :(

I hope they find way to fix but I don't think is possible because guys can change monitor and GPU gamma

is sad because they don't realise or they don't give fucks what is effect of this exploit on the game  :(

is really make night time pointless

I continue to love it and I get excite also when I see torch and I feel pure love for the guy who using I don't shoot torch guys never :D

is my way to show pure respect for anyone who loving real night time dayz experience

when I spot guy no torch moving around no problem for see I say always in direct 'hey gamma bitch, lights going out for you' then I make headshot :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

is maximum satisfy

you need more like you and be :P... at night, i will KOS (i said i never have or never will, but things change) someone who is moving freely without a touch. if enough of us did that, using the cheat would make you  bigger target :P

Added: if they add flares again, wont the make gamma cheaters blind? 

Edited by Sooden
  • Like 1

Added: if they add flares again, wont the make gamma cheaters blind?

It will only help gamma exploiters to see even better.

You will only eventaully blind the legit night vision goggle guys.