Sign in to follow this  
Poor Panda

Night vision needs to be implemented ASAP

Since the flashlights are basically suicide in this game we need some other way how to play at night without becoming a walking lighthouse. We need either properly working flashlights (light doesn't travel through walls) or night vision of some sort.

• Like 1

......For fuck's sake. I really doubt rocket plans to implement NVG's to be found for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time

• Like 3

Not until the global loot system is implemented.

I don't want every asshole bandit squad using TeamSuck server-hopping until they all have NVGs and bullshit like that.

Edited by Applejaxc
  • Like 5

night vision would basically make it impossible for players without nvg's and players with nvg's would have a massive advantage, once again bridging the gap even further between geared players and newspawns.

• Like 7

NOT UNTIL THE GLOBAL LOOT SYSTEM IS IMPLEMENTED. I don't want every asshole bandit squad using TeamSuck server-hopping until they all have NVGs and bullshit like that.

for once i actually agree with you xD

• Like 1

Besides what everyone said already:

where do you think you would find NVG's in a post-soviet-state? How many do you think there would be? I didn't like them in the mod already and like you said: it's a risk to use the flashlight. Don't use it all the time. Use it wisely.

Plan what you're about to do and don't sprint down the road in Stary with your flashlight on where it won't help you and you won't be shot in an instant.

Make nvg's really rare, or create Military (General) Zombies that have them, risk for reward.

Besides what everyone said already:

where do you think you would find NVG's in a post-soviet-state? How many do you think there would be? I didn't like them in the mod already and like you said: it's a risk to use the flashlight. Don't use it all the time. Use it wisely.

Plan what you're about to do and don't sprint down the road in Stary with your flashlight on where it won't help you and you won't be shot in an instant.

How about 1st generation night vision? Noisy, grainy and doesn't really give you much visibility. It could also give of a slight hum.

• Like 2

The only time you'd need a flashlight is when looting a building.. problem with that is the light shines throught walls, if that gets fixed.. and possibly a setting to block the light with your hand or something, like you would in real life to emit less light.. that'd be perfect I think.

I swear to god.... these cod kids keep coming from every direction. 

• Like 1

How about 1st generation night vision? Noisy, grainy and doesn't really give you much visibility. It could also give of a slight hum.

This. Not the NVGs from the mod that give perfect if slightly green vision.

I also read a suggestion a while back to implement a night-vision camcorder (Outlast style) which you have to raise to look through (need to ADS, means you would have to walk while looking through it), and would have a small red light on the front of it when active, so you're not completely invisible if you're using it.

• Like 1

*sniff* that means so much to me :)

Implenting night vision goggles would mean that you would no longer be safe from snipers in Elektro at night, pretty boring.

NOT UNTIL THE GLOBAL LOOT SYSTEM IS IMPLEMENTED. I don't want every asshole bandit squad using TeamSuck server-hopping until they all have NVGs and bullshit like that.

What "global loot system"?

What "global loot system"?

Dean has said-many times! are you living under an Internet rock?!-that there will be a system by which all official servers will keep track of how many of each item has been spawned, and will stop spawning items accordingly. IE, if he wanted the game to be difficult, you could limit only 50 M4A1s to exist in the game at any one time, meaning that not all 1 million players are going to have everything.

• Like 1

This. Not the NVGs from the mod that give perfect if slightly green vision.

I also read a suggestion a while back to implement a night-vision camcorder (Outlast style) which you have to raise to look through (need to ADS, means you would have to walk while looking through it), and would have a small red light on the front of it when active, so you're not completely invisible if you're using it.

It could also eat up batteries, if that's needed.

• Like 1

NVGs most likely wont be implemented in a while and if you have trouble seeing then simply max out gamma and brightness.

They however will definitely be consuming electrical power. Considering i have used the walkie talkie and it emptied my pristine

battery from electrical charge over time.

Not until the global loot system is implemented.

I don't want every asshole bandit squad using TeamSuck server-hopping until they all have NVGs and bullshit like that.

hey teamspeak is actually not that bad i prefer it over anything else.

create Military (General) Zombies that have them, risk for reward.

sorry, did you just propose boss mobs for this game? just to make sure i'm getting you clearly.

maybe even dungeon raids?

ggghheeddafuckouttahear.

if you create some kind of a uberleetbossmobspawn, you'll have a whole queue of tryhards camping its location 24/7.

just, uh.. i mean, if i have to explain to you why this is a bad idea, there's no hope in hell of you getting it..

Edited by yessaul robinovich

hey teamspeak is actually not that bad i prefer it over anything else.

I wasn't calling TeamSuck sucky in the sense of bad service; I call it TeamSuck because most people don't understand TeamCheat.

they could implement some form of night vision with an active infrared light source, that way anyone using it will see anyone else using it. I don't care what the realism whiners want to say, limited night vision has been available for some time in cameras so it it'd be somewhat aviailable in some forms commercially, and I guarantee if you go somewhere that has 2 major and another 5 minor military outpost there is going to be night vision somewhere. as far as max brightness/gamma is concerned there are some areas and building that are pitch black at night so it not the solve all solution. if you want to lessen the night hardships, brighten it up a little, give us a hunters moon.

Once night-vision goggles are implemented they'll be so rare that you won't have any 90% of the time. It's not worth getting worked up about. :)

Well i for one would like to see them implemented, am i in a rush? no for more then a couple of reasons.

right now if you want to gear up it can be easy as hell with server hopping between empty servers.

i for one would not like to see everyone and their grandmothers running around in the darkness with nightvision googles.

the server hopping needs to be fixed first and if they where to implement the NVG they need to be very rare,

anyways thats what me and my beans thinks (yes i did ask my beans first and they totally agree with me on this!)