Insannik

Are they breaking DayZ as we know it?

Hello everyone,

I've been playing the game for a while now and I like it a lot but...

I've noticed how hard it is to find a gun.

I don't think it's bad to make it hard but on the other hand we all liked those gunfights you used to get in the mod. That moment a bullet flies next to your character and your heart and adrenaline start pumping.

I've been reading up on how the game will develop and I've read that they will even decrease the number of weapon spawns even more. Now, I don't mind the game being hard but I think they need to look at the entertainment value of the game as well

What I mean is, if they make military weapons super rare. Nobody will have a gun that is actually good enough to shoot anyone with so basically the danger of dieing any second dissapears and so does the entertainment.

I'm not the kind of guy that is going to have a lot of fun running arround with weapons incapable of killing a guy from more than 2 meters away.. i so don't feel like hunting deer all day.

Anyway, what I want to say is that I like the game but I feel like they are taking away a great ammount of the exitement by taking away most of the guns. I like a hard game but hard AND boring is definately something no one will play.

Please give me your thoughts on this. I feel worried that this game might not turn into the game I hoped for.

Edited by Insannik
  • Like 5

I disagree.

The dev team obviously takes feedback from these forums, so it's good to post your opinion, but I doubt they are anywhere near actual loot tables and spawn rates.

I think the best course of action is to give this kind of feedback when it's requested because they say they are actively working on fine tuning the loot tables.

Right now I would guess that the frequency is based on what's been added recently. So currently, lots of shotguns and hacksaws.

• Like 1

Making military gear and loot insanely rare is the right move. Civilian weapons are just as deadly as military gear above all things its the player that counts.

• Like 13

Right now I dont think its hard to find any weapon. If you go on a restarted server its even easy as hell, because nearly every military spawn has something. I also dont like that fact that every fresh spawn gets a weapon in a few minutes.

And dont forget... adrenaline will only come if you have something to loose -> rare spawns.

It depends on how good the civilian weapons are. If it's all balanced out I don't mind but they have to look badass as well. I don't want to run arround with a catapult shooting little pebbles at my enemies or even zombies for that matter.

And another thing is. They are going to fix server hopping (I like it) but.. I don't like the fact that loot doesn't respawn without a server restart. If everything is looted there is no way that you'll get any gear. So I think they should implement something to fix this. What do you guys think? :-)

Edited by Insannik

It depends on how good the civilian weapons are. If it's all balanced out I don't mind but they have to look badass as well. I don't want to run arround with a catapult shooting little pebbles at my enemies or even zombies for that matter.

pebbles? you think they use pebbles for hunting? trust me. they are very f***ing lethal.

I was just using pebbles as an example to say that deadly force has to be in the game to make it fun. If they make self crafted guns and other weapons worthless it's not going to be a lot of fun is it?

I was just using pebbles as an example to say that deadly force has to be in the game to make it fun. If they make self crafted guns and other weapons worthless it's not going to be a lot of fun is it?

no, but why on earth would they make guns to this game that don't kill? they are not gonna do that. don't worry about it.

I killed dozens of fully geared with just a pistol, it is the player that makes the difference.

The harder and more difficult the game is going to get will only satisfy my needs.

With skill and effort you will actually obtain the stuff you want it will probably only take more time.

• Like 3

Ye but the road to obtaining that stuff can not be made boring or people will stop playing. If you have to go through an extremely boring grind and then die to do it all over again. People will stop playing.

Ye but the road to obtaining that stuff can not be made boring or people will stop playing. If you have to go through an extremely boring grind and then die to do it all over again. People will stop playing.

people who don't accept that are playing a wrong game. this game is not intended for mainstream CoD players.

finding guns should NOT be easy and fast.

if someone is getting bored after not finding a gun in 5 minutes and decides to stop playing this game, he's making a right decision.

Edited by komadose
  • Like 8

Yesterday i was holding onto a shotgun, somone with a fnx45 Killed me when i was looting .

;

see this is what is completely off base,

first you must fix the basics, then you can play with the loot tables.

they must add the loot spawn timer and fix the combat log and server hopping before playing with loot tables.

playing with loot tables is too simple, focus on the issues that matter first. They go hand in hand with spawn rates.

but dont make sense unless we have actuall loot spawn timers...lol

if they make weapons more rare on servers that only populate loot when restarted, this only compounds the matter of server hopping.

common sense m8!

• Like 1

Yesterday i was holding onto a shotgun, somone with a fnx45 Killed me when i was looting .

;

Yeah I hate when that happens.

Loot's been "nerfed" weapons are more spread out then before, but if you ever find an M4 there is still a decent amount of ammo around.  I played a bit last night teamed up with a random survivor I found, He had a shotgun and I had a Mosin from fresh, just played about an hour and a bit found another Mosin & shotgun plus a magnum and FNX45 No clip tho.

I will say that I believe this is deans fix to server hopping, did see a single building looted when I had to wade thru a bunch of Z's to get there so maybe on a much smaller scale or it just isn't as rewarding considering the risk of having you char wiped.

If everyone is walking around with an M4 or other military grade weapon then they become worthless.

Finding a good weapon should be a moment of joy, not a "meh" moment.

• Like 10

How can one break a game when it isn't even a game yet, seriously... It's not a released game, it's not a beta... It's ALPHA

They should reduce ammo spawning not weaps, and i agree with you

How can one break a game when it isn't even a game yet, seriously... It's not a released game, it's not a beta... It's ALPHA

You sir, need to learn how to read. I said I read how the game is going to develop. I'm not talking about how it stands now but what'll become of it in the future.

As for all of the others. I like dayZ, I don't like CoD. I played more dayz mod than is probably good for me.

Thank you for all the feedback. I think I'm starting to understand how the development will progress. But after all.. we'll have to see how it turns out.

And this...

see this is what is completely off base,

first you must fix the basics, then you can play with the loot tables.

they must add the loot spawn timer and fix the combat log and server hopping before playing with loot tables.

playing with loot tables is too simple, focus on the issues that matter first. They go hand in hand with spawn rates.

but dont make sense unless we have actuall loot spawn timers...lol

if they make weapons more rare on servers that only populate loot when restarted, this only compounds the matter of server hopping.

common sense m8!

Is completely true... I dont see why they make the guns spawn less of there is no loot timer yet. It just forces everyone to server hop. This is really an issue they must fix asap.

Edited by Insannik

Exactly, i feel like they are.

They need to add some mode of transport before they removed so much loot for example. No one wants to run around a forest for ten hours for one item and that's what the vehicles are for. If they carry on down this path then i can see this game becoming a niche for a tiny market of players who will not make this franchise the great franchise that it could actually be.

Such a shame.

• Like 1

reasons to bitch about dayz # 67,698 - guns don't spawn enough

what in fuck is going on with community??? :huh:

last week every player run around full military gear gas mask m4/mosin maximum attach :|

too much KoS :o

now devs address this and QQ continue :(

I spend 2 hour today search for gun

I find in house one mosin ;)

now I love this gun more than any gun I find before BECAUSE RARE = VALUE BITCHES >:(

take tears and drown

• Like 6

I believe what they did is a step in the right direction, Military grade gear/guns should be rare since at this current spot in this games development, Military grade gear/guns is the best you can get, so it makes sense only to lower the spawn rate to a much lower chance.

I believe this will make those who do have those setups to be far more picky when they use them, because they will know people who want those guns/gear will be laying in wait to hear that gun go off and go steam rolling towards the shots in the hopes of killing and then looting those items.

As more weapons come out, such as the bows, I believe that it will be less tense in the community of DayZ, but for now, it is hard to get your hands on the good stuff, but that is how it should be, no one should be able to jump straight into the game as a fresh spawn and be able to find themselves a full kit and gun/ammo within 20 minutes.

I feel sorry for those who do have these weapons, because everyone and their grandma is gonna come barreling down at you to try and take your precious items away MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

we have 2 sawed of shottys, 2 fnx with attachments, 2 magnums, 1 mosin, 1 m4 after our sudden death yesterday. All was found in the 3 houseing blocks above cherno.

This took us around 1-1.30h

Nein, weapons are not hard to find.

I feel sorry for those who do have these weapons, because everyone and their grandma is gonna come barreling down at you to try and take your precious items away MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

yeah i worry about that :D

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

Mill weps aren't that rare, especially compared to the mod. In the mod there were only 2 barracks buildings on the map. So only 2 places you could get some guns. Ok we also had the chance to srike lucky on one of 5 crash sites, if they werent guarded by a bandit group. But even then thats only 7 places per restart, 5 of which didnt even respawn. 

When i started playing the SA I felt the opposite of you. I saw 3 barracks at balota, more tents at NWA, a whole new mill base and police stations everywere. I thought "wth....they've made it into one of those damn extra barracks everywhere, insta pvp servers :("

I really hope in the end its something like only pistols in police stations and have less barracks in some places. Finding a good gun should be an event :)

• Like 1