XA3

Balance FPS and Player View Distance

Not shure where to post this, if any admit could redirect my post to a proper location, would appreciate it)

I`m looking for a balance between good fps and a long Player view distance. When I say, player view distance, I mean the distance I can see other players from.

My specs, copied from CCleaner:

Windows 7 64-bit

AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor

12 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560Ti

Previous to 22.01.14 patch I ran SA on, ALL Very Low settings, or Disabled, using this guides for config modification.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1u66ra/how_i_optimized_dayz_to_get_a_constant_30_fps/

http://cp.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1t31tb/all_useful_config_tweaks_for_fps_and_playability/

15-25 fps in Cities, and 40-70 in the forest.

If any one who tested or knows this for shure, please, recommend mesome settings balance, for maximising my fps adn keeping a long view distance.

I tested how far I can see another player, and made some screenshots.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000493580/screenshots/?appid=221100&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

The player I`m aiming at is in the center, slightly above my crosshairs. I used two positions and 3 "modes" sort of speak, first has no zoom, 2nd has right mouse button klick zoom, nad 3rd is an M4 ACOG scope. All screenshots are taken with lowest field of view(all the way left on the slider)

Hope to get some feedback, and maby this feedback could be turned in to a new player guide)

Seriously. Have all your settings at high/very high.
Now Disable anti aliasing, Ambient occlusion, V-sync, Post process affects and ATOC. (Might be something else, but I can't remember).
Now set your video memory to default.
That literally will probably give you the same frames (or better) and will look better too. Having everything on low can actually slow it down.
Tell me if it works or not.

• Like 1

Now Disable anti aliasing, Ambient occlusion, V-sync, Post process affects and ATOC. (Might be something else, but I can't remember).

That literally will probably give you the same frames (or better) and will look better too. Having everything on low can actually slow it down.

Wrong. Having object detail on very high kills frames compared to very low and there's a huge difference in FPS between clouds on very low and very high for very little visual gain. But otherwise you're right.

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 2

Changed settings, check the new screenshots.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000493580/screenshots/?appid=221100&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

And spawned on my "lost" character in Berezino, on the coast. Have 25 fps, but it doesn`t feel the same as before I got 25 fps on low settings. Everithing seem laggy, like before I din`t mind the low fps, but now I can see the stuttering.

Edited by XA3

If any one could give me an answer to this question

What settings effect how far I can see other people and objects on the floor?

So I could max those, and dont bother with the rest.

• Like 1

Just check youtube. There is like 10 same videos how to setup for better fps. Set everything on very low, turn your fraps on and experiment yourself. Vsync off, VIDEO MEMORY AUTO ! clouds off, shadows low, object detail medium, terrain medium... the distance you can see is almost the same on low or high settings. It the detail that matters. Make sure you have your resolution on 100%

Edited by Nienko

Oh and you can not see players more than 900 meters away and the game is rendering players up to 1000 meters. Grass 150-200 meters. The better the settings the more dence flora will be. The best would be mediums settings, coz it dosnt differ much from high and you get more than twice frames.

Edited by Nienko

Oh and you can not see players more than 900 meters away and the game is rendering players up to 1000 meters. Grass 150-200 meters. The better the settings the more dence flora will be. The best would be mediums settings, coz it dosnt differ much from high and you get more than twice frames.

Thanks for the responce)

Did you check out my screenshots?

I don`t know what distance they were taken at, but if you could confirm that my view distance is ok, that would be very comforting, and set my worries to rest, thnks)

Thanks for the responce)

Did you check out my screenshots?

I don`t know what distance they were taken at, but if you could confirm that my view distance is ok, that would be very comforting, and set my worries to rest, thnks)

I am on the phone so all the pictures look almost the same to me, sry.

Try this:

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=how%20to%20increase%20fps%20on%20dayz%20standalone%20commander%20pixel&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCkQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOuXIdDTYuMg&ei=1zPiUvOoC5jCoATk4IC4Bw&usg=AFQjCNG9MnjzSDy-qPXMc58_vqdbarQQ1w&sig2=0caq3QM2cKAI85wno_GqSA&bvm=bv.59930103,d.cGU

Not sure if the link works. If you dont want to use it for some reason, search CommanderPixel on youtube, he made a video about fps increase.

Edited by Nienko

I don't see any screenshots of players beside yourself in the main menu...

You must be the first one to check them out since they were for friends only, changed it to public)

Wrong. Having object detail on very high kills frames compared to very low and there's a huge difference in FPS between clouds on very low and very high for very little visual gain. But otherwise you're right.

Ah yea that was like the main part I was going to put in there but I forgot xD Object detail is the MAIN contender for bad frames really. So yes. Very low for sure!!!

Yes clouds too I've heard

Is there any way to influence the Player view distance? (Distance at which you see other players, zombies) As far as I understood, PreferredObjectViewDistance is only for buildings, trees etc, and Object details also only influences the detail/density of those? So what would influence the distance to see other players?

Is there any way to influence the Player view distance? (Distance at which you see other players, zombies) As far as I understood, PreferredObjectViewDistance is only for buildings, trees etc, and Object details also only influences the detail/density of those? So what would influence the distance to see other players?

It seems that the MP bubble that was introduced for DayZ SA is currently set at 1k.

Imagine this as a bubble around every player with the player in the middle of the bubble and the distance from him to the edge of a the bubble being 1k.

When a player is within this range the model is rendered.

When a player is outside this range the model is not rendered.

Inside your profile file you have a setting for view distance and object distance.

IMHO there is no need to draw any farther than 1.5k as you only need the greater distance if you need to spot objects for orienteering.

As you cannot see players at a greater than 1k distance or so it seems in the tests I have done, why waste fps rendering farther than that ?

I have my distances both set at 1.5k

Zombies are different they render at greater than 1k but it seems they are disabled animation wise at greater than 1k.

So you can see it standing there and if you shoot it.

It will just disappear not fall down and disappear.

Edited by BL1P

I carnt find a view distance slider anymore....but i was also under the impression that the view distance was set by the server. Was always that way in Dayz mod and A2 MP missions. Like even if i had it set to 10k for editing, when i joined Dayz/domination/cti whatever...its what the server stipulates.  Does changing it in player profile actually make any difference? 

I carnt find a view distance slider anymore....but i was also under the impression that the view distance was set by the server. Was always that way in Dayz mod and A2 MP missions. Like even if i had it set to 10k for editing, when i joined Dayz/domination/cti whatever...its what the server stipulates.  Does changing it in player profile actually make any difference? 

That is correct the MAX is set by the server but you can go lower than the max with no problem.

I think its set at 3k by the servers atm unsure though.

Edited by BL1P

Hi.

Don't forget about shadows. I'm assuming it works the same as ArmA 2. High and above ran on gpu, medium and below ran on cpu. So anyone with a decent video card got better performance on high/max than on the lower settings. Well, except for disabled shadows anyways.

Regards.