ImmunePower

PPSH-41

PPSH-41  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Should the be a PPSH-41 in DayZ Standalone?

• Yes, it would be great.
    • No, it is kind of pointless.
    • Maybe, it is half and half.

The PPSH-41 is still a very commonly found gun. Most of the russians soldiers brought their guns back after the war. (as a apreciation of their effords) The USSR didn't need them anymore for a while. And the gun was already replaced by newer models so.

There is around 1.263.200 guns still on this world, i don't know how many are in working condition. but i think plentyfull enough for chernarus :D

PPS43 would be even more common. I'd like to see that ingame too if PPSH41 is.

I find these weapon's expert nay-sayers a bit tedious and I question their sources/expertise.

The fact is, in reality, you'd be hard pushed to find anything but an air-rifle, a farmer's shotgun or, possibly, an old pistol he uses to put down animals with.

You definitely aren't likely to find firearms in a school, nor on it's roof.

Any military weaponry not actually in the hands of a dead soldier would likely be locked away in steel cabinets bolted to the floor - likewise the ammo. You don't find assault rifles just left lying around on bunk-beds.

Point being. The firearms present in the game are far from realistic already... If we're going to pick straws about the realism of finding a working whatever then, first, we better completely re-work the existing gun and ammo spawns and make it so you have to find a nine-inch angle-grinder or oxyacetylene cutting torch to access them. ;)

Edited by Harmonica

I love the ppsh , it's in dayz origins and I have to say its an awesome gun to spray at a crowd when you need to get away, whenever I did I would get at least a kill ;) maybe I'm just lucky but anyways I say yes to adding this gun among other unique ones . i dont see why some people want to have a small amount of guns or only common guns in a game as immerse as dayz , I mean everyone loves guns even Russians and they don't just collect the commons =}

There are no schools in Chernarus. unless the teachers are teaching themselves.

I love the ppsh , it's in dayz origins and I have to say its an awesome gun to spray at a crowd when you need to get away, whenever I did I would get at least a kill ;) maybe I'm just lucky but anyways I say yes to adding this gun among other unique ones . i dont see why some people want to have a small amount of guns or only common guns in a game as immerse as dayz , I mean everyone loves guns even Russians and they don't just collect the commons =}

Small amount of guns?

I doubt anyone will have many problems with these

TOZ-18

TOZ-17

TOZ-194

KS-23

Mosin M44

TT33

PM

APS

AKM

AKS

AK-74

AKS-74U

AKS-74

SVD

PKM

RPK-74

CZ52

VZ.58

Nagant M1895

Mauser 1898

Mauser C96

Berreta 92

Glock 17

Remington 870

Remington M700

Ruger MK II

M1911

PSM

SKS

Molot Bekas-M

MTs-255

Saiga Rifle

Saiga Shotgun

Mossberg shotguns

Benili M4 (M1014)

MP5

Browning HP

FAL

AKMSU

And the list goes on..

reason being those are (relatively) commonly used by Police, Civilians and Military in that area. While I Can't find a single picture of a PPSh in Russia that isn't in a museum.

I bet PPS-43s are more common because they are much more practical. even though 3/12 million less were made, they remained in service longer. but still unlikely.

meanwhile:

AKfamily12-20101.jpgak-47.si.jpg177146813.jpg

• Like 1

No beans yet. First I'd like to see the AK. It's by far more widespread than the M4 or any WW2 era SMG. They've produced enough AK's and ammunition for AK's to wage WW2 twice over. It's the most wide spread weapon to date and the most produced assualt rifle to date. It's seen action in *every* conflict since the end of the second world war bar the Falkland war. If you're walking into a camp of an ex-warschaw pact country; there's going to be AK's or clones of AK's everywhere.

There's so many AK's, CHINA doesn't even have enough soldiers to man one and they have by far the largest army in the world (some 20,000,000).  They put AK's in drums of oil, by their tens-of-thousands for long term storage, in case of WW3. They're litterally just lying around in old bunkers. Likewise, there's so many bullets for them; if you exchanged every bullet for a dollar; the US would go into depression twice as deep or more as the one in the 30's due to inflation.

If you want to talk about an available gun with available ammo..., its the AK.

Nishe guns like PPsh 41's, perhaps even a l33t nazi weapon like the StG. or some modern plastic toy like the AR15, G36, etc. THOSE are ALL very rare when compared to the AK.

If we made DayZ to reflect the availability of guns in the real world (how many you'd find of each), you'd find some 1,000 AK's for every other gun mentioned and likely every other gun available, if not more. I.e. the chance you'd find a gun is already very low but if you find one, chances are only 1 in a 1000 that its not an AK.

Edited by Syphax4Ever

There are no schools in Chernarus. unless the teachers are teaching themselves.

Small amount of guns?

I doubt anyone will have many problems with these

TOZ-18

TOZ-17

TOZ-194

KS-23

Mosin M44

TT33

PM

APS

AKM

AKS

AK-74

AKS-74U

AKS-74

SVD

PKM

RPK-74

CZ52

VZ.58

Nagant M1895

Mauser 1898

Mauser C96

Berreta 92

Glock 17

Remington 870

Remington M700

Ruger MK II

M1911

PSM

SKS

Molot Bekas-M

MTs-255

Saiga Rifle

Saiga Shotgun

Mossberg shotguns

Benili M4 (M1014)

MP5

Browning HP

FAL

AKMSU

And the list goes on..

reason being those are (relatively) commonly used by Police, Civilians and Military in that area. While I Can't find a single picture of a PPSh in Russia that isn't in a museum.

I bet PPS-43s are more common because they are much more practical. even though 3/12 million less were made, they remained in service longer. but still unlikely.

meanwhile:

AKfamily12-20101.jpgak-47.si.jpg177146813.jpg

Use this list please Rocket <3

This was the Russian service rifle during WWII. I think :P

It's not a rifle. It was service weapon but most would be taken back post war due to the need to keep this on hand for future conflicts.

The design is also stolen from the Fins and was recovered tech from the Russians losing the Winter War that little conflict is also where the Molotov cocktail came into existence as the Fins didn't have a good means of Anti-tank weaponry...what they did have is a lot of Vodka.

the PPSH and it's variants were based on the Suomi M31 a Finnish Sub-machinegun designed for urban warfare.

Suomi_M31_Torpin_Tykit_2.JPG

No beans yet. First I'd like to see the AK. It's by far more widespread than the M4 or any WW2 era SMG. They've produced enough AK's and ammunition for AK's to wage WW2 twice over. It's the most wide spread weapon to date and the most produced assualt rifle to date. It's seen action in *every* conflict since the end of the second world war bar the Falkland war. If you're walking into a camp of an ex-warschaw pact country; there's going to be AK's or clones of AK's everywhere.

There's so many AK's, CHINA doesn't even have enough soldiers to man one and they have by far the largest army in the world (some 20,000,000).  They put AK's in drums of oil, by their tens-of-thousands for long term storage, in case of WW3. They're litterally just lying around in old bunkers. Likewise, there's so many bullets for them; if you exchanged every bullet for a dollar; the US would go into depression twice as deep or more as the one in the 30's due to inflation.

If you want to talk about an available gun with available ammo..., its the AK.

Nishe guns like PPsh 41's, perhaps even a l33t nazi weapon like the StG. or some modern plastic toy like the AR15, G36, etc. THOSE are ALL very rare when compared to the AK.

If we made DayZ to reflect the availability of guns in the real world (how many you'd find of each), you'd find some 1,000 AK's for every other gun mentioned and likely every other gun available, if not more. I.e. the chance you'd find a gun is already very low but if you find one, chances are only 1 in a 1000 that its not an AK.

But how interesting would it be to, in essence, only ever find an AKM/AK-74 in military spawns and occasionally a Mosin, SKS and IZH-43? I don't know how fun it would be to have a ratio that high for it.

Granted, I think that AKs should probably be the most-common military rifles, but making it so skewed that you're almost never going to find a different gun sort of makes it boring.

(And I'm not even for the Colt Python, Blaser B95 and FNX-45 in-game)

And while the PPSh-41 would not exactly be common anymore, it makes a lot more sense than most other SMGs and there aren't a ton of those that I can ever imagine finding in a post-Soviet country like Chernarus. 

Edited by Chaingunfighter

A better alternative is the suomi M31

5729d1348536319-suomi-m31-opinions-exper

A finnish weapon and predecessor of  of PPSH it fires 9mm in drum or stick mag and is a surplus weapon with pretty ample parts and wide distribution

That said the PPSh was already in the list of recommended weapons

I remember reading that the gun jams a LOT.

Plus, too much sustained fire will overheat the barrel and keep the gun from shooting.

Stick with the more common guns then work your way up.

Weapons are already extremely easy to find ingame. After about 30 minutes of playing, you cand find an M4A1, witch is ridiculous in my opinion. It's a zombie apocalypse and you can find buttloads of M4's in a russian map (or ukrainian, I don't know exactly). If there were AK's instead of M4's it would have made a bit of sense but there still are way to many weapon spawns.
If they will add a weapon that is a museum piece today, they should only add it spawned once per map and only in hard to find/reach zones. And the ammo should be even harder to come by. Since this is a collector's weapon, ammo should only, rarely, be found in regular homes that are far away from any major roads or even hidden in wooded areas.
And the weapon itself won't be practic at all. It will be nice to have it just to show off but you can easilly find better ones. I've found M4's and Mosin's even on the shipwreck on the north-eastern coast.

Well for everyone against the ppsh please at least consider broadening your mind towards unique weapons . So far everyone just wants the weapons we have and variant sof them and the same old stuff seen heavily in the dayz mod.

Whenever someone suggest a unique gun it's shot down because " it wouldn't be common or effective" well it's the apocalypse shits been going down and people tried moving all over the globe when it happened I'm sure , and also having guns that aren't always the best spices the game up.

Instead of ALways finding an extremely effective rifle / handgun , you would find a ppsh with a heat damaged barrel that you would have to fix , making it a more of a do It yourself situation and give it a "survival apocalypse grab anything you can" feel.

Although I do understand we can have only so many weapons in the database , I still would love to see at least 5-10 firearms that are hiistoric/unique/very rare , and like everyone has said if any of these controversial weapons make it into the game they would be extremely hard to find .

Some would say "then why put it in the game if its sometimes inneffective and very rare?" but like people who wear certain clothing for style as opposed to capacity , these small additions would make for unique battle/personal choices : being the only guy on the server "lucky" (unlucky depending on the persons preference) enough to have found one of the very rare antique weapons like this, or a handcannon or whatever zany suggestions have been given .

Edit : I do care greatly for immersion and realism , so i agree we should have many ak's and relevant guns being the most common , but please balance is key we don't need too much spawning like the m4's at balota back when alpha was released.

Edited by Grapefruit kush

QhVFjE7.jpg

They've existed in the RV engine before so we are bound to get them once the game is moddable.

I dunno if they "fit" though. TBH they fit better than many suggestions ive seen.

Rgds

LoK

I live in rhe boonies of Georgia (US) and have seen Barrers, Lapuas, ARs, Thompsons, anything you can imagine in my counrys FB.firearms swap page. Thats fine for a new US mao, not for Chernarus. I do want more than AKs rhough, rhrow in anything. AND NEVER FORGET THE BLACK MARKET

As i posted in a different thread;
"I am more for the World War 2 weapons in the game, due to the fact that after the end of the war LOTS of weapons and ammo etc was sold throughout Russia, current Czech Republic & Slovakia, Poland ETC. in the communist states at that time(so Russian occupied), so i'm thinking a few Russian & German WW2 weapons to be in the game, and easier to find than a modern day RPK or something if included. Maybe rarely found in a pristine state so need maintenance and sometimes unreliable - missfires/jamming."

But i'd like to add there are still A LOT of ww2 weapons still out there that people possess, my girlfriends dads uncle (i know) ww2 collects weapons in Slovakia for a living aswell as authentic ww2 relics, uniforms etc. which in them countries was a lot easier to obtain back in them days. So i vote yes :P

Besides its a game, i think WW2 german & russian weapons should be included.