ImmunePower

PPSH-41

PPSH-41  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Should the be a PPSH-41 in DayZ Standalone?

• Yes, it would be great.
    • No, it is kind of pointless.
    • Maybe, it is half and half.

the ww2 relics are cool, but there aren't THAT many lying around. People take things like pistols and/or a service rifle home after a war, a full blown smg is a little- eeeehhhh. 

the ww2 relics are cool, but there aren't THAT many lying around. People take things like pistols and/or a service rifle home after a war, a full blown smg is a little- eeeehhhh. 

This was the Russian service rifle during WWII. I think :P

Even though a lot may be broken and damaged I think there were around 6 million made and it was used in the Korean&Vietnam war in the form of Chinese copies. I think it is actually still used in some places

Would be nice if they were like STUPIDLY rare, Sort of like Mountain Dew was in the Mod, But as far as regular spawning goes I think the SKS is next, But i would love them to add an SMG like a Mini-Uzi or an MP5

The PPSH is no longer used in the military or widely used by the populace, even semi automatic.

Not to mention you have to add a whole new cartridge just for this, and the cartridge is barely used by other weapons.

Pointless

Edited by Space Milk

Not to mention you have to add a whole new cartridge just for this, and the cartridge is barely used by other weapons.

Pointless

Uh, most notably Tokarev, CZ-52, M57, Type 54, PPS, M56... all the pistols I mentioned are quite common and inexpensive.

• Like 4

Ugh

Mosin Nagant - Most commonly mass fabricated rifle made by Russia in the World wars...

PPSH - Most commonly mass fabricated SMG made by Russia in the world wars.

you can still find them, they are not as reliable mind you, but they are there.

• Like 2

The PPSH is no longer used in the military or widely used by the populace, even semi automatic.

Pointless

Really?

Prehaps you've heard of something called a TT-33 Tokarev? Something that will pretty much definitely be added.

I bet finding a PPs-43 is more common than this though, seeing as its more compact and simple to maintain. Just a guess, though.

Maybe opt for something more like an current model LMG (light machine gun). 

M249mg.jpg

Uh, most notably Tokarev, CZ-52, M57, Type 54, PPS, M56... all the pistols I mentioned are quite common and inexpensive.

I'm talking about weapons that will be added to the game.

Would be nice if they were like STUPIDLY rare, Sort of like Mountain Dew was in the Mod, But as far as regular spawning goes I think the SKS is next, But i would love them to add an SMG like a Mini-Uzi or an MP5

This is an an SMG.

Maybe opt for something more like an current model LMG (light machine gun). 

M249mg.jpg

Would prefer an RPK.

I'm talking about weapons that will be added to the game.

All or any of those would be preferable to half the weapons already in the game.

• Like 1

All or any of those would be preferable to half the weapons already in the game.

C96 > Colt Python

That is awesome idea, i think you would sooner find ppsh than m4 in soviet russia apocalipse lol, mosin nagant is fine, its also russian ww2 weap

• Like 1

That is awesome idea, i think you would sooner find ppsh than m4 in soviet russia apocalipse lol, mosin nagant is fine, its also russian ww2 weap

No, you probably wouldn't seeing as most countries don't want a SMG in some guys cabin. And a weapon this big is harder to hide than most.

And this game takes place over 20 years after the Soviet union collapsed... you know, like, now. 

The only reason you would find one was there was a civil war in Chernarus and some may have been used.

But mass amounts of AKM/AK-74s mean they're redundant. Plus, its been, almost 80 years since this game takes place and PPshs were made.

If you read my last post in "replace the M4" thread, you'll see my theory behind the M4.

^the video has been removed...

By the way, just thought I'd mention Marstar Canada is selling original, fully-functioning, fully-automatic PPSh-41s for $500 a pop.

dYh4ML7.png

Just another weapon. Nothing special. i voted yes but there are still more important steps to do.