ThreeFailingPros

WHY ARE YOU KILLING PEOPLE FOR NO REASON? -.-"

Mate so far I've clocked about 15 hours and I've not even managed to get a working gun yet. Try to look at the fun side of it, I just got through a horrific game of cat and mouse with some loon with a shotgun who kept yelling "I'm hunting wabbit". Night time with only a torch, a knife and the sound of gunshots coming out of the dark. Awesome stuff :)

• Like 1

204 hours logged currently for me, and somewhere around the 5th time I had to start a fresh toon, I quickly reverted to my childhood days of hide and seek. It has served me well!

DayZ is a hardcore open pvp full loot perma death game, just camouflaged as zombie survial so anyone actually even buys it.

The last 3 guys i met were cool and didn't even try to shoot or be dicks, one of them even gave me an m4 because i told him i was looking for one for a friend. The guy i met before those 3 had to die, he was in the way and had a scoped mosin. Play as cautiously as you would in a real situation and you won't do so bad.

You'll find dicks in every online game.  Someone's day always gets better when they ruin someone else's.  It's just how modern society is.

1. people are assholes

2. a bambi could punch a geared player, knocking them unconscious and can take their gear

3. people are assholes

4. they have small weiners

5. people are assholes

its not single choice, choose all that apply.

Couldn't agree more.  Well said!

I'm not sure. Judging some responses or implications in this thread or forum alone, I could nearly say people being all "high and mighty" on the forum suck even more than mindless KOSers.

What's with the pseudo-macho comments anyway?

Give new people a break. Everyone was new once. Mod or Standalone. It can be a new experience. For some difficult to get into, some don't like it at all and will stop playing, and some like it right from the beginning.

No need to be an asshole about it to people, even if new people or those who play have to accept there's basically anything possible in the game. People who shoot everything, people who try to avoid others, people who backstab, people who really help and people doing any of that whenever the situation warrants it.

• Like 2

I kill the ones who could kill me.

Yes, that might include "punching bambies", if they get too close ;)

You have different types of players

Tactical - Killing people only when needed, Only see people with supplies they need as a target. 

D-Holes-Killing you because they "can"

Nice guys -Dont kill players unless provoked. These guys usually end up last.

Hi everybody, just got a lot of items in DayZ, when they suddenly shoot me for nothing.

Why? They should shoot zombies! Why me? Once I get items, i lost them -.-"

I hate it, I also won't shoot somebody, just when i'm under attack.

No. They don't run in every house,. searching for items. No. They just shoot me and get the items, camp on and shoot the next.

-.-" Whats wrong with you??

Please stop that if they are unarmed...

I don't matter if you shoot people with guns in your sight, but don't shoot newbies.

I hate it...

Dude, chillax, its part of the game, exactly what would you do in this situation: Man 1 has many valuable items, such as food, drinks and medical supplies, although he has no weapon, yet his intent is to keep the supplies so he can live, you on the other hand, have nothing but an M4 or Mosin and 3 mags, some body armor, etc. Do you: A. Kill him and take the supplies so you can live. B. Approach him nicely, and ask him for supplies in turn for protection. C. Let him be and go somewhere else. My choice, do B, but as soon as he acquires a weapon, kill him, as so far every person that does that conspires to kill me, but I kill them first anyway. Not everyone is bad, you just keep coming across the wrong people, I've saved the lives of many and been saved by many, but I follow default RoE (Rules of Engagement), mainly if they shoot first, I fuck them up with a hail of bullets. :D

Edited by Darkrider400

People are walking ASSETS. Walking food assets. Walking water assets. Walking ammunition assets. Everyone is an asset in this game, in which you use them.

Edited by Uher

Because it makes people like you come to the forums and start threads about it.

We feed on your tears.

• Like 1

And now I am shooting you, FOR NO RAISIN!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Edited by Geckofrog7

I hate it, IT'S A ZOMBIE SURIVAL! AND WE ARE KILLING SURIVOURS! THATS LIKE KILLING YOURSELF! OR YOUR BROTHER/SISTER!!!

In a survival situation it could go multiple routes. 

If you had other people around you and multiple zombies you might band together to kill the zombies because it's kind of common ground, but after the zombies are cleared you realize you might be in a problem soon since your food is low or your ammo. You might choose the option to kill another player due to you seeing them as an easy target as well as an opportunity to help in your own survival. 

Once you've defeated a greater enemy it might just turn out that you were allies in this problem, but were you truly ever allies? Without the greater enemy around would it still happen as so?

Granted there's not a ton of zombies and it's kind of off track to how this game is more aimed, but just trying to give my two cents in a true sense. 

10-20% of the population kills on sight.  So that forces the servers into a never ending.........I'm going to be a hero...........death, death, death..........to........fuck it, kill everyone because the last 10 times I met someone they tried talking to someone, they got killed by the person.

Ruins the game.  There needs to be some way to identify heros and civilians and bandits.

no

I don't like to be KOS'd or to KOS myself, but i don't want it to be gone from the game.

It ads to the excitement of the game. When no1 KOS'd anymore it would be a boring game as the zed's are easy to handle ATM. With KOS you have to be careful for everyone you encounter and can't just run in everywhere.

there can't be heroes when there are no bandits.

• Like 1

I just had to laugh a little when I read the "I have lots of items part".  I have just started playing, probably have about 1 hour of total time played and that includes like 20 minutes of figuring out my flash light.  I spawn.. start running, get sniped.  Congrats to the person who managed to kill me.  I am sure it was tough to kill and unarmed, brand new player.  At least I made you waste some ammo running in odd patterns.

With all the threads about the lack of loot spawning, I can think of a couple good reasons to kill someone :)

I think everyone who plays DayZ knows the feeling when someone kills you after a long journey and a ton of supplies and weapons. I've been killed a lot for no reason. But now I'm at that point in the game where I know how to survive & who to trust. I actually try to help out fresh spawns sometimes with some food or water, but I only do that after I checked their inventory since they could have a gun in their backpack. But yeah, you can't change the way other people play this game. It might be frustrating sometimes but we can't do anything about it, so just move on and learn from it!

• Like 1

This one time I got KOS'd but managed to run back to my corpse with them standing over me, loot my axe and kill them before they saw me. Yes it's a terrible annoyance getting killed and having to reloot everything and sometimes it gets to me and I just stop playing for a while. But by the same token you can get glitches that autokill you too which is worse. There are good things also, I once came across a super geared corpse that looked like they fell off a roof. Happy days!

10-20% of the population kills on sight. 

From my experience it is sth like 10-20% DO NOT shoot on sight if they have a weapon. The rest DO NOT shoot on sight because it is really hard to shoot with an axe.

Please stop that if they are unarmed...

Even an unarmed player can knock you out and steal your gear. So, I won't trust anybody and consider killing them on sight ;)

Read the zombie survival guide by max brooks. Even he says the people inzombie apocalypse can kill on sight and most of them will because you cant tell by their noses if they are friendly enough. Best options to survive are stay out if cities and do not attempt to socialize with strangers.

• Like 1