ThreeFailingPros

WHY ARE YOU KILLING PEOPLE FOR NO REASON? -.-"

The real question is why are you letting yourself killed for no reason. It's not that easy to get killed if you leave the coast until you find people to group up with so you can return to the coast and hunt bandits or whatever. But I agree, it's a survival game. If a player is not a threat then you do not survive by killing him, you are just an ass, but meh, DayZ.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

Read the zombie survival guide by max brooks. Even he says the people inzombie apocalypse can kill on sight and most of them will because you cant tell by their noses if they are friendly enough. Best options to survive are stay out if cities and do not attempt to socialize with strangers.

Yep in a IRL Zombie apocalypse as resources became more scarce, survival is more then playing keep away from the zombies.  If if was a choice between me and you I'd choose me 100% of the time.

The situation your addressing is slightly different, as it primarily stems from boredom.

you should pack up your steam, sell it on ebay and go play mario kart.

this is DayZ...ANYTHING goes and we fucking hate when people complain about KOS on the forums.

this is your story, so if you have great loot and dont want to lose it. GET BETTER AT THE GAME

become more tactical, use ur noggin.

Want to play loot collector/explorer? go to servers with LOW population.

want to play with high stakes? go to servers with HIGH pop

i actually ran past someone in game today that didnt appear to have many supplies...neither did i. i just kept running on past them hoping they would get the point i didnt want beef with them. Turns out no....they waiting a minute then ran after me and tried to club me with a wrench...i just happened to have a splitting axe and finished them off, but died from bleeding in the process.

What makes it crappy isnt that they attacked me..its that i ran so damn far inland to find gear and get away from fresh spawners...and THEN die defending myself from an attack that would have got them nothing in the end.

YES its survival, but some new guys need to pick their battles better..... oh, and where the hell are all the backpacks now??? hehe

I hate it, IT'S A ZOMBIE SURIVAL! AND WE ARE KILLING SURIVOURS! THATS LIKE KILLING YOURSELF! OR YOUR BROTHER/SISTER!!!

WRONG! Fact: Dayz is a hardcore survival game that HAPPENS to take place in the zombie apocalypse.

The zombies are the easy part of the game its the age old fight for survial that is the real enemy. That includes surviving form people who are not a part of your tribe the people form the bokah bookha tribe really piss me off they worship a false idle the payday masks.. 

there is no monster as abominable in this world as humans. How did Ripley put it in 'Alien'? "I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them fucking each other over for a goddamn percentage."

My favorite quote from a move sir good show.  :D  :thumbsup:  :beans:

Please stop that if they are unarmed...

Nobody in DayZ in unarmed, you can knock a fully geared player unconscious with one or two well-placed punches and enough bambis have tried it on me that I now shoot any that come within 20 feet of me.

Go play Mario if you don't like shooters.

That is the question. I could say play COD if you want to play dayz as it. You have a problem if you think that dayz is a shooter. That is the real problem. When i bought the game, i thought that i shall be going to survive from zombies. If the theme is survive teen minds i cant offer this game to anybody. I feel my time and my money wasted. What a pity!!!

And now I am shooting you, FOR NO RAISIN!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Would you do it for a grape instead?

~Hello

you are dead.

~Hi i am unarmed

~Heyy are you new too

you are uncousnious.

~Hey mate Wh..

you are dead.

~Ok now you can let me go i have nothing.

you are dead.

Just this.

• Like 1

Hey man. how you doin?

Im doing fine.

Lets play together

ok

cover me while i drink from well

"you are dead" 

I don't kos usualy - but sometimes it's better to be safe, than sorry. 

Hey man. how you doin?

Im doing fine.

Lets play together

ok

cover me while i drink from well

"you are dead" 

I  usually kos - it's better to be safe, than sorry. 

^ fixed

^ fixed

na - i try to avoid players if possible if i don't have clear drop on them. 

I have an idea...

Step 1: Form your own click of your friends and other people who are sick of getting killed for spawning or being friendly.

Step 2: Recruit more/new members by searching the forums for threads like "Fuck this game", "I hate KOS'ers", and my personal favorite, "WHY! WHY! WHY!" (this should grow your band of soldiers to at least 100+)

Step 3: Join servers at least 10 deep and roll together, destroying anyone who has the balls to fuck with you or other friendlies.

Step 4: You have an epiphany that A) knoCC was fuckin' right and 2) this game is truly amazing.

Step 5: Copy and paste this post and tuck somewhere safe on your computer to use for future reference or to pass it along to the next poster with the title of "What Did I Do To Deserve This?"

Step 6: Post your adventures for others to enjoy and as a recruiting tool.

Step 7: Your welcome

If you say no to Steps 1-7, then go directly to Step 8.

Step 8: Sit in a bush and cry your ass to sleep.

• Like 1

There's hardly any zombies to pose as a serious threat and plus they have no loot so there's no reward. Until the day when zombies will actually dangerous in numbers and players have a hard time finding ammo KOS is probably what most people will do for now.

The KoS mentality is something that is very hard to change. So many guys have been shot on sight that it becomes hard to trust other players.

Realism at it's finest.

I do it more for survival reasons than sport really. if I feel threatened by another player or if he threatens my resources I will kill. I try to make friendships first though ofc.

always gets me killed. trust no one

Nobody in DayZ in unarmed, you can knock a fully geared player unconscious with one or two well-placed punches and enough bambis have tried it on me that I now shoot any that come within 20 feet of me.

That has happend to me, still feeling like an idiot. Ran through to bushes till i reached kamy. Thought i should stop running and grab some fiod and fill my canteen and waterbottle. Ran across the street with my fnx in my handa. Hid somewhere to put it away because i saw nobody. Lil brother dustracted me fir a couple of seconds and rhan a bambi punched me in the face. Shot a couple of times but because i was crouching atm the moment i could only shoot his/her legs. K.O by a bambi. Hope he/she had some fun with my stuff.

There's no way to tell if people are friendly or not on sight. If you have your gun drawn or appear threatening in any way, I'll shoot you in the face.

There's no way to tell if people are friendly or not on sight. If you have your gun drawn or appear threatening in any way, I'll shoot you in the face.

As long as people exist there will not be peace.

People are egoistical, competative, hypocritical, envy, greedy and dayz is one of top 5 places where these behaviours are most shown.

Such a shame the world didn't end in 2012.

With new spawn rates expect to die A LOT more often then before.

When there are no Food/Drink/Weapon spawns people kill other players for supplies.

It is the price you must pay if you want low spawn rates.

I just Kill for personal defense or for the resources, but just if it's the last option it remains. I try to make the person in front of me defenseless and i just take what i need from his backpack and so, then i let him go. Most of the times i try to do this i got killed and robbed, other times i make friends, other times i just have to shoot the guy, so going on i'm beginning to trust less the other people and going to shoot much more than i was used to do.

When I first read your post my knee-jerk reaction was to tell you to stop being a noob, but that wouldn't be right from me, as I was a noob once too. The thing about this game that you must understand is that there are many types of KOSers :

1. The Manhunter : Someone who enjoys the hunting of humans and will try to freak you out and make you run, so that he has sport.

2. The Sniper : Someone who sits on a building or in a boosh in a high trafic area just watching the people scurry around like ants and knows that he can stab out at any time and snuff out your life.

3. The Tinfoil Hatter : Someone who is so paranoid that he thinks everyone is out to get him. He will shoot on sight if he even thinks you're coming his way.

4. The Survivalist : Someone who isn't normally a shoot on sight type of guy, but if he's hard up for food or sees something on you that he likes hell take it from you.

5. The Sadist : Someone who will take you hostage, maybe even with the promise that he will let you go after he has gone through your belongings, but no he feeds you rotten fruit and disinfectent spray trying to rekindle the feeling for torturing small animals in his childhood.

6. The Mad Axeman : My personal favourite, A man so far gone that he mostly runs around in his underware wielding an axe indiscriminately chaping noobs and veterans alike.

7. The Hero : My least favourite, A selfproclaimed hero of the wastelands, selfrightously proclaiming himself as a champion of the peoples and protector of noobs. He kills almost anything that he procives as "Bandit like", profiling people by the style of cloths they choose to wear, making them no better that any old world cop shaking down urban youths that are wearing baggy pants.

8. The False Friendly : Mostly portayed by a bambi acting friendly to actual Friendlies who are geared. They walk around with said geared friendly for protection till they get some supplies together, but unfotunently greed knows no bounds so eventually he gets an axe to the head or a suckerpunch and a few bullets to the head for his trouble.

So, just keep playing, read up on some of the great guides in these forums and you'll be a hardend, stone-cold killer in no time!

Edit: Just as an after thought none of these are strictly exclusive, some psychos may have more than one of these traits!

Edited by fox0rz
  • Like 1