yoNkz

Patch this turd or revert to before patch.

Honestly figure it out.. our characters reset every 10 mins.  This game is now pointless to play.  Please add vehicles or at least bicycles so that we can get around.  It's really annoying having to run 15 mins to get where you want.

It's called progress. They're testing and experimenting. That's the purpose of the early access alpha.

• Like 6

If they spend all their time adding vehicles in, whos going to be in charge of fixing all of these game bugs and glitches you guys complain about all day?

Honestly figure it out.. our characters reset every 10 mins.  This game is now pointless to play.  Please add vehicles or at least bicycles so that we can get around.  It's really annoying having to run 15 mins to get where you want.

Wait. I'll get my time machine out of the shed, duck ahead a few years and get the release version, and come back and hand it to Rocket for you. Because you are that important!

Or you could remember that this is an Alpha, and you are only here to test the game to make it better. Offer some constructive feedback in the appropriate places or STFU and wait with the other impatient %$#s who don't read disclaimers before spending mommys hard earned cash.

• Like 1

Please add vehicles or at least bicycles so that we can get around.  It's really annoying having to run 15 mins to get where you want.

"WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

You mean it's annoying to have to run 15 minutes before you get to the electro deathmatch, where you die after 10 minutes and then have to start again? Good, it's meant to be that way. If you wanna play CoD, go play it, noone is stopping you. But if you wanna play dayz, and have a good time, then you're gonna have to change your playstyle. Too bad. 

On a side note - once vehicles are in 90% of players will not have one. You'll still have to run for 15 minutes to get somewhere...

• Like 6

On a side note - once vehicles are in 90% of players will not have one. You'll still have to run for 15 minutes to get somewhere...

can we make this a sticky? i'm sick to death of vehicle whinge threads. 

You think cars are going to be trivial to get? Its hard to gets car in the mod so i don't think it will be better with the game

It's called progress. They're testing and experimenting. That's the purpose of the early access alpha.

Alpha!?  You don't say...  They're clearly not testing all that much now are they.  Character resets and the shotgun are perfect examples of that.  My buddy took like 10 shots to the face and didn't die.

Plus if you knew anything about this game you would know that they only went to alpha to raise money to develop the game.  Pretty sure that was taken care of the first day by selling $5.1 million worth.

I really do enjoy playing this game, I'm just trying to get things going.  Your all a bunch of sucks ups and need to grown some balls.  Sure there are a few important glitches to work out but the game play was fine and they took a few steps back.  I don't expect there to be thousands of vehicles, that would be too easy.

In regards to the vehicles response: If you paid attention to my post, I requested something easier (bicycle) which would allow you to travel a little faster but you also make you that much more vulnerable.  This would also be easy to add and wouldn't take much of their precious time so that they can keep fixing the glitches.  Your just mad you didn't think of it first.

Other than that, this game is doing great, lets keep it moving in the right direction.

Alpha!?  You don't say...  They're clearly not testing all that much now are they.  Character resets and the shotgun are perfect examples of that.  My buddy took like 10 shots to the face and didn't die.

Plus if you knew anything about this game you would know that they only went to alpha to raise money to develop the game.  Pretty sure that was taken care of the first day by selling $5.1 million worth.

I really do enjoy playing this game, I'm just trying to get things going.  Your all a bunch of sucks ups and need to grown some balls.  Sure there are a few important glitches to work out but the game play was fine and they took a few steps back.  I don't expect there to be thousands of vehicles, that would be too easy.

In regards to the vehicles response: If you paid attention to my post, I requested something easier (bicycle) which would allow you to travel a little faster but you also make you that much more vulnerable.  This would also be easy to add and wouldn't take much of their precious time so that they can keep fixing the glitches.  Your just mad you didn't think of it first.

Other than that, this game is doing great, lets keep it moving in the right direction.

I don't see why you need to act like that. I've done nothing wrong to you.

1. Considering I have been testing the game since February last year, I think I am more knowledgeable about it than you. (Wow, I can't believe I just had to pull that card.) You cannot prove that they only went to alpha for the money. 

2. I am not a suck-up, nor am I required to grown any balls. 

Your topic title is hardly constructive, let alone is the topic itself. Use the bug tracker and up-vote the already existing problems that you have listed here.

Do I actually have to post the alpha warning? 

Edited by Inception.

Alpha!?  You don't say...  They're clearly not testing all that much now are they. 

No, we are. That's the whole point, jackanapes.

Your topic title is hardly constructive

Lock it and ban him for a week imo.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Clearly you do not understand how involved the process of coding and developing a game is.  You say your are just trying to "get things going."  You don't need to do that.  Game companies understand that if they don't do their work, they will not make money.  I am sure they are spending a huge amount of time trying to fix every issue while also trying to add new features to keep players intrigued.  It could take somebody a whole day just to fix one simple bug, due to the immense complexity of the game.

I'm afraid you probably do. Sorry.

{SNIP}There was an in-depth reply to yoNkz here, explaining everything related to game development and how things usually play out, and how it will probably play out in DayZ. But it had a few big words, some of which appeared in the disclaimers he obviously didn't read, so not much hope he'd read this either. So I deleted it!{/SNIP}

I can read just fine thanks.  In fact, it says "We will be working with the community to fix these, to help us, please visit dayzgame.com for development."  Am I not part of the community?  This is my opinion and I'm trying to help so stop being so emotional.  These guys are doing a good job with the game but the last update is simply stressful to play for the simple fact that your character is always being reset.

Additional testing is definitely required if I was able to find these problems after playing the game for 20 minutes.  

I understand the complexity of some issues.  I have tested games in the past.  I'm realistic and certainly don't expect things to get better overnight.  All I'm saying is if your going to release an update, test it so that the game is in fact improved.  That's the whole point of updates after all.

You're either very slow or a troll.

move along, nothing to see here.

Wait... What? This is alpha?

Awwww mate, I quit!

Right off the bat, with your chosen title for your post you come screaming in here with 'shit' references to the game. Not only that but the chosen wording is a demand that they IMMEDIATELY (implied) patch all of the bugs or revert it back to the previous patch. The first IS going to happen, but not immediately. The second will not.

These are known bugs. A few minutes in these forums or in the feedback tracker would have found multiple posts and issues that you could have constructively added to and voted on.

Vehicles are going to be added in due course, and while not specifically listed in the 'confirmed' post, they haven't exactly kept it a secret.

Running is what DayZ entails ATM. You want to get somewhere, run. You could walk, of course. That's the way it is. And as our good Mod Inception has stated, even when we get vehicles included in-game, chances are we still personally won't have one. So more running.

I can read just fine thanks.  In fact, it says "We will be working with the community to fix these, to help us, please visit dayzgame.com for development."  Am I not part of the community?  This is my opinion and I'm trying to help so stop being so emotional.

I could give you the benefit of the doubt, and just write off your OP as a 'rage troll', and simply ignore it and substituting your other post. I'll also ignore the first part above, because there is nothing there worth getting into.

These guys are doing a good job with the game but the last update is simply stressful to play for the simple fact that your character is always being reset.

Additional testing is definitely required if I was able to find these problems after playing the game for 20 minutes.  

I understand the complexity of some issues.  I have tested games in the past.  I'm realistic and certainly don't expect things to get better overnight.  All I'm saying is if your going to release an update, test it so that the game is in fact improved.  That's the whole point of updates after all.

I will reply to this part, as it appears that you've finally started thinking coherently again.

So, yes it is a PITA that after the last patch character resets are now way too frequent. But the last patch changed a huge amount of the back-end processing and the hive in particular. They tested it a little on the experimental servers, and those servers were hammered remorselessly by the player base. Obviously it performed well enough to justify a roll-out to the general population. Some issues have become apparent. I don't think anybody thought it would be otherwise.

They are doing a good job. I have nothing with which to gauge whether development is fast or slow, but it is progressing and the game is improving. There are new issues appearing during this process, but that is innevitable. That is why we are here to test these things. The fact that we are sometimes able to forget that and convince ourselves that we are playing the game is secondary.

Wait... What? This is alpha?

Awwww mate, I quit!

Okay I am just responding to your awesome name and pic, go Heston lol, I loved the original Omega man

I can read just fine thanks.  In fact, it says "We will be working with the community to fix these, to help us, please visit dayzgame.com for development."  Am I not part of the community?  This is my opinion and I'm trying to help so stop being so emotional.  These guys are doing a good job with the game but the last update is simply stressful to play for the simple fact that your character is always being reset.

You keep forgetting the fundamental purpose of the ALPHA stage. 

Playing the ALPHA is simply a condition where our "job" is to find out the glitches within the system and character reset are part

of that progress, so data remains fresh for better analysis and trials. Besides how can we examine the early survivor gaming and general

loot balance, when everyone is already fully geared out?

You shouldnt gear up your character ridiculously within the ALPHA anyway, since you can manage with little amount of ammunition,

supplies and clothing. If you collect insane amounts of ammunition, then your simply doing it wrong. The odds are you will never

spend all that ammunition on that characters life time and there are no places to store that ammunition.

Its actually funny, when you eliminate a bandit or server hopper and discover he has over 200 ammunition on his body he never got to use.