Sign in to follow this  
hypergolem

Terrible FPS after patch

Anybody else have really bad FPS especially in towns or looking into a town after the patch? In my case it is almost unplayable at moments. Before it was good, now it is terrible.

check your gfx settings it reset them to default.

I did, even had to set everything to much lower settings... still bad :(

I've had the same FPS I had before patch.

Except in Svet, mine bit the dust up there but was fine in Krasno and Berez

Edited by Pandema

Dont forget to turn off mouse smoothing, rotation blur, and bloom. I thought my game was running poorly after the update too but it was because I forgot to change these back. Also any changes you've made to the game files using notepad have been reset, so you need to go back and do it over. You might have to go in and reduce scene complexity, or view distance.

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 2

Same here, used to be around 40 in towns now drops below 30. And yes I already changed settings. 

• Like 1

I'm with you Hyper, Tried adjusting all my settings both in and out of game and my rig that was getting 45 FPS prior to patch  is not down to 18 FPS max and stuttering like crazy. All drivers up to date, software settings are fully set up and it feels like there's a massive VRAM leak.

• Like 1

Hello..why not use the bug Report tool and add your Computer specs and exact Location of where your fps starts to drop ? I only specualte but that might help alot actualy.

• Like 2

I had to use nvidia inspector to re-establish dayz.exe to use the Arma 2: OA profile to get SLI to work. DayZ.exe was selected for it, but after i removed it and re-selected it, it worked.

Edited by Thane

if your frames are still bad after everything else is lowered:

Go to Documents > DayZ and open DayZ.cfg in notepad. Change GPU_MaxFramesAhead and GPU_DetectedFramesAhead to = 1.

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 1

if your frames are still bad after everything else is lowered:

Go to Documents > DayZ and open DayZ.cfg in notepad. Change GPU_MaxFramesAhead and GPU_DetectedFramesAhead to = 1.

Thanks man, that made the difference!

Everything is smooth and nice again even in the biggest towns.

Ya my video setting got reset after the patch, had to change them back then I was fine

I am having a similar problem. I get random spikes in my fps. It makes it even worse because im recording too. Towns are utterly horrible. I know this is alpha and its focused on features not optimization but this seems like a game breaker to me. I dont understand why town reduce my fps from aroun 45-60 all the way down to 15-20

I deleted the old dayz config files and just let the game create new files. Then adjusted my Settings again and the game runs fine.

I have been getting better fps

I noticed that for my machine, too. I have even been able to turn my settings up a little since the patch (i5 2500k, GTX 760).

I am fortunate to get double-digit FPS in towns. Even in the countryside I can barely get above 20. It's extremely frustrating. After hours of tweaking ini files and settings, I have concluded that the alpha just isn't optimized for a wide range of chipsets. These are my specs...

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T Processor 3.20GHz

8GB Ram
64-Bit OS
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Not a beast by any means, but certainly better than my FPS would indicate. My friend can run it on its highest settings with consistent 30+ FPS and it makes me sick!

i got massive fps-drops in the new town, other towns are fine or as usual/before the patch - but the new town..hell...what happend there?

Edited by Guest

Here's a tip. Consider the resolution your whole computer is using.

EX: When I right-click on the desktop and go to "screen resolution" I'm set at "1920 x 1080 (Recommended)". 

I noticed if I put that down a bit, then went in-game and configured those correctly I got at least a 20-30 fps increase. Running most towns and cities at about 50+ fps and around 80+ fps in the sticks (depending on what I'm looking at of course)

Now obviously since the last patch all the notepad tweaks anybody did have been reset so re-do those as needed. Not to mention if you go into your Steam Library and set some launch options that can speed up the game too. Oh, and if you run the game on an SSD instead of an HDD it'll also increase render loading and game loading times bit a noticeable difference.

Hope this helps, if you need any help with these just send me a PM :)