Sign in to follow this  
JoshRawrrs1

I want to be a HERO!

Never wanted to be a bandit, but I just bought the game,And need help learning the ropes

Anyone on US want to help me out? Don't have to provide me with items, just teach me along the way

*Loads a  7.62m round one at a time* Sure, meet me in Cherno...

In all seriousness though i play a bandit i can offer some advice, first would to be check this out. http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

it may be dated for acouple of days, but its still usefull

• Like 3

In all seriousness though i play a bandit i can offer some advice, first would to be check this out. http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

What? Where in cherno?

this is about as close to the classical HERO skin as youre going to get if thats the look youre going for. looks pretty damn good too!

http://postimg.org/image/o9zdip9y9/

( id make it appear without having to click the link but i still have no idea how lmao )

• Like 1

One question, no matter what server I join, even the ones with "24/7 Daytime" written on the name, It's still night time for me D:

First you have to survive, don't be a hero, just survive first

I spent the last 3 hours trying to find food with no avail...

I will keep trying. I won't whine and say the game is full of Sh*t like the most people i see on the steam discussion 

I won't whine and say the game is full of Sh*t like the most people i see on the steam discussion 

We will see Fresh Spawn, we will see...

• Like 3

I think they changed the looting tables. I can't seem to find much anymore. used to be pretty common to find guns, ammo, scopes at balota. Not so much anymore. Tested 6 different servers. Kinda sucks as I fell off a ladder twice. Last one falling 20 feet to my death!! GRR

I think they changed the looting tables. I can't seem to find much anymore. used to be pretty common to find guns, ammo, scopes at balota. Not so much anymore. Tested 6 different servers. Kinda sucks as I fell off a ladder twice. Last one falling 20 feet to my death!! GRR

Server hopping are we? Why don't you play the game properly and you won't be falling 20 feet to your death (which you deserved by the sounds of it)

It isn't supposed to be easy to find guns, hence "survival".

• Like 1

Wanting won't change a thing.  You must do something to achieve anything. 

• Like 1

Yeh like some people already said, survive at first.
Once you feel like you understand how the food/thirst and medical system works, you can start to work your way towards being a Hero :)

But its a steeeeeeeeeep learning curve mate, be prepared for some rough times ahead.

• Like 1

Server hopping are we? Why don't you play the game properly and you won't be falling 20 feet to your death (which you deserved by the sounds of it)

It isn't supposed to be easy to find guns, hence "survival".

Dude it's an alpha (testing hello) and I was seeing if it was just the server. I don't server hop. I just had a hunch that is all. I was playijng game properly until latest patch. Was reset back 2 days lost half my gear etc. I still had my m4a1 so wasn't looking for a guns or ammo for that matter. I had over 300 rounds of 5.56.  I did need a new acog but that's not a biggie.

So I died. Oh well, that's why it's DayZ ALPHA :rolleyes: . Don't have to get your pantys in a bunch. LOL

BTW I have seen multiple users post this same thing. Lack of loot, servers not saving character etc..

Edited by QKSILVR73

Never wanted to be a bandit, but I just bought the game,And need help learning the ropes

Anyone on US want to help me out? Don't have to provide me with items, just teach me along the way

Pro tip..........don't bother trying to become a hero in this mod.

Hero = bullet sponge

Too many KOS COD kiddies in the mod, no humanity system, means lots of dead heros.

Maybe if they make an effective humanity system you can do it in the future.

• Like 1

I cannot seem to figure out how to link them but if you look on youtube for a fella named Dslyecxi he has a couple of vids showing him bandit hunting and helping others out.  Watch how he moves and acts he knows what hes doing.

• Like 1

whenever you try being a hero you need to have this blasting full volume as you walk up

• Like 4

Some Hero tips (from this forum and friends) that have helped me play hero without being made a sucker!

-If you give a bambi a gun, only give them 1-2 rounds and take the rest of their ammo. Now the odds of a backstab are in your favor.

-Do your hero thing, then gtfo. Don't band together after the first minute you meet and run to NWAF, get to know them for a while, ask for steam name if you plan to take a trip somewhere. Now the odds of getting baited, spotted by a bandit, or setup are in your favor.

-Try to keep control all the time, keep LOS of your new "friends" and don't let them decide anything for you.

-Don't be afraid to "test" your subject to gain his/her trust as long as you can control the situation. Turn your back, crouch, be ready to arm a weapon, and say you are rearranging your inventory but don't open the inventory screen. Keep an eye on them. Are they watching your back, or arming their axe and moving towards you to split your skull?

Well, you get it by now - keep the odds in your favor by being in control and smart. Be doubtful at all times without seeming scared, once you let your guard down - you are asking for it.

Some big tells if someone is baiting or looking to doublecross you
-antsy movement, always moving within striking distance

-always trying to control conversation or destination

-they don't listen to you

-long awkward pauses in direct/voip chat? They may be speaking with other people on TS

This isn't "the way" to play hero, but it will save you a few respawns.

• Like 1

new? i can assist if your still looking for asssitance.

check out my post 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/164867-lfm-usa-west-coast-evening-players-casual/

I suggest learning it as you go in DayZ, Ive figured out most of it on my own. Good luck. :D

Edited by Nasty Goat

7.62m? What in the hell monster cannon are you using?

Some Hero tips (from this forum and friends) that have helped me play hero without being made a sucker!

-If you give a bambi a gun, only give them 1-2 rounds and take the rest of their ammo. Now the odds of a backstab are in your favor.

-Do your hero thing, then gtfo. Don't band together after the first minute you meet and run to NWAF, get to know them for a while, ask for steam name if you plan to take a trip somewhere. Now the odds of getting baited, spotted by a bandit, or setup are in your favor.

-Try to keep control all the time, keep LOS of your new "friends" and don't let them decide anything for you.

-Don't be afraid to "test" your subject to gain his/her trust as long as you can control the situation. Turn your back, crouch, be ready to arm a weapon, and say you are rearranging your inventory but don't open the inventory screen. Keep an eye on them. Are they watching your back, or arming their axe and moving towards you to split your skull?

Well, you get it by now - keep the odds in your favor by being in control and smart. Be doubtful at all times without seeming scared, once you let your guard down - you are asking for it.

Some big tells if someone is baiting or looking to doublecross you

-antsy movement, always moving within striking distance

-always trying to control conversation or destination

-they don't listen to you

-long awkward pauses in direct/voip chat? They may be speaking with other people on TS

This isn't "the way" to play hero, but it will save you a few respawns.

This dude knows whats up. Follow his advise.