Frosty-nee

Zombie respawn time too fast

I think the issue with the spawns is not just the speed of the spawns but the mechanic as well. Zombies only spawn when a player approaches an area that potentially has loot or at least that is the way it looks to me. I think that there should be a zombie spawn one, two or three times a day. There should be more of them on the map and they should wander all over the map not just in the towns or near loot spots. Right, now there are no zombies in the woods at all.

This is getting ridiculous!

Please increase the spawning time and decrease the aggro range to a realistic value!

I think the issue with the spawns is not just the speed of the spawns but the mechanic as well. Zombies only spawn when a player approaches an area that potentially has loot or at least that is the way it looks to me. I think that there should be a zombie spawn one, two or three times a day. There should be more of them on the map and they should wander all over the map not just in the towns or near loot spots. Right, now there are no zombies in the woods at all.

this seems impossible due to the performance which should be more than poor after 5000+ zombies (or whatever number?) are spawned all the time and wander all over the map.

Edited by CommanderBoiled

Why do you think it would?

Zombie simly have to keep spawning around players and disappear when they leave the area, this just have to happen to some extent while in the woods

its good for getting your zombie kills up, a few times i have killed 50+ zombies sitting at the back of a general store, or lying in the back of the barn as they seem to ignore you and walk up the stairs instead, really though as the zombie spawning is abit broke it just means you have use the ammo glitch if your not willing to leave the stuff in the store and run about 3 miles around the town and buildings to loose them

I think the spawn time should be increased, but to balance it out, I also think the amount that spawns at first should be increased a bit. This *is* a zombie apocalypse, not a "zombie walk-in-the-park-and-take-a-piss. Perhaps the spawn amount should be varied too, depending on your luck, you may have a few, or maybe a large amount. Not every town should be the same.

Yea, me and my mates found rog castle at night and cleared the zombies. We set up a fire and were about to relax and cook dinner when more of them spawned. and then again. annoying..

After reading several page i can see that around 95% of the comment are against this crazy re-spawn specially in small towns (in bigger city it is ok).

This game is supposed to be a simulation game of a zombie apocalypse but that doesn’t mean that in a small town you get to face infinity zombies just because you used your weapon.

I think it would be more interesting if we keep the same rating spawn but make the Zombies spawn outside the small towns and head to the player location or at least the last firing sound location.

it would make more sense since zombie are attracted by noise and they can come from the forest or anywhere else around the town.

This will also solve the issue of having 4 zombies spawning on you straight away.

it would make more sense since zombie are attracted by noise and they can come from the forest or any were else around the town.

this will also solve the issue of having 4 zombies spawning on you straight away.

Our group you say, you know the more people the more zombies right? sure there are alot of zombies for a single player already, but when you go in with a group, expect to find a shitton of zombies ;)

I say, increase the number of spawned zombies in the beginning but decrease the respawn rate (a lot) or the number of respawned zombies after the first spawn, that will increase the need of think and generate a tactic to enter a citie or small town to get rid of most or all zombies for enough time to be gratificating and dont feel that is a complete waste of time. That or make the ppl killed by Zeds become a zeds with zed ablities... that would be scary... groups of zombies that actually think... that would rlly push ppl to team up

I guess it is time we stop running into the city, guns blazing, and start using stealth. Might take a while for Rocket to announce a fix so if you guys want to continue playing, go in stealthy. :P

Yep, zombies respawn like crazy. It used to get me down, until I started carrying around 4-8 mags of ammo for my primary. Of course, when they fix the ammo count resetting after relog, I suspect the zombie swarms will be annoying again. Here are the 2 screenshots I took recently showing off the ridiculousness. The first is from Berezino hospital, (acceptable amount of zombies, except there were about twice that many around the corner behind a Humvee) and the second is from a supermarket at.. Polana(?) with another 25 or so dead at the front entrance. (One more thing, I'm not the one who threw the flare ;))

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/1154298234178935520/6DEB6FBAE7F355D3FE6A60A67E7396DDF2973A28/1024x576.resizedimage

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1154298234206217450/FC52EB24810B729779C9F688A5A6F32AFD88D77A/1024x576.resizedimage

guys, you are sucks, zombies never kill me, or my friends in a long time...

• Like 1

Yea, I sat in a wood sided house on the northeast outskirts of Cherno and went through 6 AKM clips killing almost 170 zombies in one spot and yet they still kept spawning and coming in. I just had to hatchet my way out of there since I was out of ammo. I'd resort to my hatchet more often if my primary was added to my toolbelt while the hatchet was equipped as opposed to dropping it or having 10 empty slots in my backpack for it.

Actually in my opinion its not a big problem - if you want to fight them you have to deal with higher ammunition loss. I mean, its a sodding apocalypse, right? So for me its just fine that you cant win straight away if you want to fight zeds directly. Tbh, if you attract zeds in buildings with only 1 entrance you deserve to die, dont you?

I agree with the current decision to make zed deadlier cause the game otherwise just deathmatch (actually even at the current state I give a f*** about zeds since you could handle them in a easy way if you use your brain and a team if possible).

Okay, stealth is all good in town, city, and deer stand but there is one place the spawn issue gets really annoying, Heli crash site. Hard as hell to sneak around the zombies and most of the time, you end up fighting your way out. What a nightmare. lol

rofls I've had this problem wayyy before this patch i would go into a village and kill literally thirty zombies. while looting their corpses they all respawned and aggro i eventually logged out and reloged to get rid of them all by myself i probably killed around 60 zombies (i had no more ammo after that) which for a town the size of which i was looting was ridiculous that's like cherno

edit: yall bitch wayyyyyyyyyyy more than i ever did rofls. there is a reason i carry 100+ bullets at all times, it comes with the job.. if you invade a city that was destroyed by zombies EXPECT to get the fuck mobbed outa ya. also if you run out of ammo and youve sunk literally days of gameplay into them dont freaking let them die to zeds! die like a man to a bandit sniper when you get respawned on the beach cause its bugged!

edit edit: also abuse their terrible reaction times you can turn around and run through a zombie train if you know what your doing. (learned from giving up and trying to aggro every zombie in cherno and elecktra)

Edited by insaneturtle

It appears as if the vote is increase the time between the spawns.

I sit half in half out of this,

The point is to survive against the zombies, the bandits are a product of player preference that is not in question here.

Perhaps an increase of initial zombie spawn with a much longer re spawn time.

1. Zombie spawn animation "climbing out of the ground" this would take a little longer that the "pop up" spawn allowing survivors to run away.

2. Walking zombies "if slower zombies exist in larger numbers like the epic herds in the walking dead it would bring a new element to the game"

Regards,

It will seem that the admin have to double check of the spawn time of the zombies. I have been server jumping around and I have notice some servers made some changes of their own, which their zombie spawn time returned back to what it was before. Admin that didn't made any changes to the spawn time after they updating the patch will have instant spawn, either one zombie is killed or zombie(s) moved too far from their original spawn point and player(s) is still near the area. Anyone notice this too?

Edited by Saratoga13

I'll tell my story with this.

IN GREEEEENTEEEEXXXTTTT STYLE

>be at stary sobor military camps

>clear out all zombies (using SD weapons to avoid aggroing the entire town)

>5 seconds later, see all the zombies at the tents AGAIN

>kill them all

>THEY'RE ALL BACK AGAIN WHAT THE FUCK.

>give up and just sprint through each tent hoping to catch our eyes on anything worthwhile while having 20 zombies chase us

We also went through about 3 M24 mags and 4-5 Stanag SD mags on that trip when we would've only went through like 1 M24 and 1-2 SD mags if they hadn't respawned instantly.

There is reason why DayZ Origins is fastest growing DayZ version out there: They fixed this issue from start. No zombies respawn in area unless you relog or other players arrive into the area.

It seems normal DayZ developement is practically (brain?)dead.

I just shoot them in the leg, slows them right down and no more respawn...Loot and explore at your own leasure after that!!

• Like 1

What zombies? I've only seen 2 so far...and that was only on one server out of the 5 I have checked out. 

Timestamps mate, original post is a year old, they were about the mod and not the standalone. Lets get out of here, this place gives me the creeps. *runs away*