Frosty-nee

Zombie respawn time too fast

Date/Time: 6/23 11:00PM

What happened: Engaged on a group of four zombies near a barn, while our group was killing them, we watched in shock as another four zombies spawned at the barn, and then again, four times in total, causing us to expend much more ammunition than was expected. Zombies should not be respawning 20 meters away from survivors a few moments after they're killed.

What you were doing: looking for sweet lewtz

Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

• Like 23

Agreed.

rocket has stated that he wants the game to be more of a zombie game than a PVP game -- then, perhaps, he should not strive to make it pointless to shoot the zombies.

Shooting zombies is a complete and utter waste of ammunition.

It is also impossible to loot any area now, as zombies have super-senses, and shooting them will only make it worse.

• Like 22

Same thing has happened to me.

Raiding NW airfield with a truckload of guys. We gather a lot of gear and are about to head out, a few Zombies near our truck though. We decide to take them out. We fire a few shots, everything seems fine but it isn't. What was six zombies becomes about fifteen zombies. We begin start to take them out thinking we probably just aggro'd a lot from behind the Hangars and start killing as fast as we can. Thirty zombies down, forty zombies down, fifty-sixty. They just keep coming and there is no end in sight. We're breaking bones, running out of ammo, and it's absolutely hectic. I personally down seventeen Zombies and more are still coming. We had to log out to save ourselves.

I actually don't mind a few Zombies appearing after a commotion (Maybe they were hiding or something, w/e) but when a seemingly infinite wave of Zombies hits you, your only choice is to log out or die.

• Like 2

Agreed.

rocket has stated that he wants the game to be more of a zombie game than a PVP game -- then' date=' perhaps, he should not strive to make it pointless to shoot the zombies.

Shooting zombies is a complete and utter waste of ammunition.

It is also impossible to loot any area now, as zombies have super-senses, and shooting them will only make it worse.

[/quote']

It seems to me if you are going to have to kill your way out of an area, or kill your way in, you most likely better be prepared to kill 20-30 zombies.

• Like 1

Yeah looting little villages is POINTLESS now. You might find some empty cans, it's just not worth it. Takes away some spice of the game when only places worth checking out are the supermarkets and military spawns, dont you think?

• Like 12

Yeah looting little villages is POINTLESS now. You might find some empty cans' date=' it's just not worth it. Takes away some spice of the game when only places worth checking out are the supermarkets and military spawns, dont you think?

[/quote']

Yes, thats why I suggested to play loot in from of every building but noone cares.

• Like 3

I agree zombies respawn too quickly. Obvious repspawning enemies in any game really spoils the immersion for me. It's worse since there are no zombies anywhere else other than around buildings, so you clear a small village with 5 buildings in the middle of no where, killing 20 zombies and suddenly more appear. There is a nice satisfying feeling to clearing an area and being able to freely walk around it. With the bigger towns and the city's, respawning is ok as you would not know how many Zeds there really are around.

I would also like to see the odd Zed roaming through the forests, these areas are way too safe. You can pretty much just blindly sprint through them. I would like the added tension/ surprise.. It would take you a moment to figure out if it was a human or and animal or a zed.

• Like 7

Agreed, zombie spawns are 'broken'.

Watching a deer stand and the 3 zombies that spawned with it, a couple minutes and three more have spawned, then another three for nine around one deerstand...

• Like 1

A group of mates and myself were checking out the apartments at Cherno last night, and almost endless waves of zombies spawned on our location it was ridiculous. We ended up having to log out and wait for the zombies to clear before we could log back in...

A group of mates and myself were checking out the apartments at Cherno last night' date=' and almost endless waves of zombies spawned on our location it was ridiculous. We ended up having to log out and wait for the zombies to clear before we could log back in...

[/quote']

Supported!

As they mentioned, checking small villages without a barn is pointless. Pretty much the only OK way to run away from a zombie is in a barn. You *will* get aggro, and you either a) loose them in a barn or b) hole up and shoot 30 zombies - nomatter how small the place.

One should be able to clear a place, and walk around freely and contentedly for a while - making it your own little safe haven.

• Like 6

This is an issue, me and my mate have found out that unless we have stocks of 60+ ammo each, the only safe way to loot is to run trough town get aggro and run into a barn and hatchet all the zeds, which is really dangerous due to constant server delays which makes walking zombies sprint for a meter or so when they are close or after you kill them, which almost always results in bleeding (at least zeds now have a nice chance of spawning food when they die)

their vision is alright. I speedcrawled 5 meters in front of one. I guess it was fucking close, but he didnt see me.

But another one saw us when we were INSIDE one of the higher houses with the flats inside and ran into it. we had to shoot it, attracting four more zeds. Was lucky so far.

But! I usually stay in the forest and check out the area, helping my guys get in and out. Usually they just ran into the barn, shot all Zeds, looted it and were out... thats not working anymore, since Zeds endlessly respawn 10m next to you and are superfast.

It is really alright that you have to be careful. Its okay to have a problem when they see you. But its not okay to run out of ammo everytime you get seen.

I feel vindicated seeing this post. Buddy and I were in Kamenka and got aggro'd. Killed ten or 15, my buddy runs out of ammo and tries to draw some off. He ends up with a dozen chasing him and I get gang-mauled by 20 more. This issue definitely needs attention, if you're almost guaranteed to die every time you have to shoot a zombie.

• Like 1

I agree zombies respawn too quickly. Obvious repspawning enemies in any game really spoils the immersion for me. It's worse since there are no zombies anywhere else other than around buildings' date=' so you clear a small village with 5 buildings in the middle of no where, killing 20 zombies and suddenly more appear. There is a nice satisfying feeling to clearing an area and being able to freely walk around it. With the bigger towns and the city's, respawning is ok as you would not know how many Zeds there really are around.

I would also like to see the odd Zed roaming through the forests, these areas are way too safe. You can pretty much just blindly sprint through them. I would like the added tension/ surprise.. It would take you a moment to figure out if it was a human or and animal or a zed.

[/quote']

I agree with all of this, its all resonable and should be implamented. +1

When a zed spawns literally on you while you're crawling there is something horribly wrong with the spawns.

• Like 3

well that endless zombie spawning just raped me:S i normaly nevere fire my gun so i sneek in sneek out finde and i dont die.. so im in berezino looting no problems then i heard for the big farm thing and im ohh only 8 zeds esey in esey out so in 1 of the buildings sudenly a zombie spawn out side sinse ther wasent any befor i went in, and it instanly see me and draw like 4 zeds, i personly ust my gun for the first time and sudenly the dorways are packed white zombies:S i killed freaking 47 zombis whot the fuck i emtiet every thing i mean wooowww.. and as i menciende ther was only 8 zeds in a big area like 100-300m:S whot i cut see:.. well as the story go i geet raped and i feal a little f in my ...

We had a similar problem recently in Kozlovka. 3 of us meet up (a new personal best!) and I see a hopper about to take a bite out of Ed. So I shot the git (not ed). Ok, so at this point I expect every zombie in the village to run at us, maybe 20 if we are unlucky. In the end we killed 30 each and still had a well populated street in front of us.

Either zombies are respawning WAY too fast or possibly when the server offloads zombie pathing to the client, it offloaded to all 3 of us...tripling the zombies.

I was with Frosty when that happened at the start, and since then it's happened many times where I'd be way off in the back just watching zombies spawn up, do their reload animation then start running at us.

It's a little immersion breaking seeing them pop up out of no where.

I could have sworn he said he fixed the spawns a while back.

Same problem here.

i'm in an complete empty area, suddenly 3 zombies spawn in my view about 10-15m away and start to engage me.

I shoot them down and suddenly 3 more are spawning at the same location.

i went up some stairs close by to get a better shot, but out of nothing there is a mob of 20-30 zombies running towards me.

after i killed those too, i'm going out of the building and 3 zombies are spawning at the same position as first mentioned.

after i killed those and some more i'm running out of ammo and die.

if loads of zombies keep spawning in front of you there is really now way to survive :)

I haven't played since the 3rd or so public alpha due to the hunger/thirst ticking away when not playing. I loaded it up for the first time again today and noticed this zombies spawning way too fast as well as a few other weird happenings.

I was crawling across a field with a few zombies in it. I had stopped when one was getting too close thinking I was going to have to shoot it. All of the sudden he took off running along with the rest of his buddies. I looked to see them going after someone running down the road.

I thanked the guy in chat and made my way on across the now zombie free field. Once I made it across, I turn to see what happened to the other guy, and I see 5-6 zombies in the field right where I was about 10 seconds ago.

It would be nice if zombies didn't spawn within a certain distance of the player. This would at least allow us to clear the immediate area and be save to scavenge without the threat of a zombie spawning a few feet behind us. It would also be nice if players working together could clear areas and set up a safe base to operate out of for organizing loot/raiding parties.

also agree zombie spawns are bust said it before as part of the issue with zombie detection, they still spot you in seemingly impossible ways and are far to sensitive to noise making any shots fired near them a death sentence or a log out situation due to the unrelenting waves that come after.

And on top of all that they just drop out the air randomly and sit on your face as you crawl into areas, the small towns have become pointless as like i said you get spotted easily through walls and around buildings but the problem with small towns is theres no way to run through a building and lose them...

also on another note about zombies spawning in buildings, fine if you can shoot them in the larger ones without huge swarms However spawning them in small sheds or those buildings that have a little canopy (the ones you cant get inside) causes them to bug and not wander, even the ones inside bigger buildings just stand there they need to move about in and out the building.

well that endless zombie spawning just raped me:S i normaly nevere fire my gun so i sneek in sneek out finde and i dont die.. so im in berezino looting no problems then i heard for the big farm thing and im ohh only 8 zeds esey in esey out so in 1 of the buildings sudenly a zombie spawn out side sinse ther wasent any befor i went in' date=' and it instanly see me and draw like 4 zeds, i personly ust my gun for the first time and sudenly the dorways are packed white zombies:S i killed freaking 47 zombis whot the fuck i emtiet every thing i mean wooowww.. and as i menciende ther was only 8 zeds in a big area like 100-300m:S whot i cut see:.. well as the story go i geet raped and i feal a little f in my ...

[/quote']

I cant tell if your just not a native English speaker or typing that way on purpose lol says something about the way people type online these days who are ENglish speakers i guess!

This Thread.

When I died today, I knew it wasn't from natural causes. I was prepared for what happened, but had no idea what this respawn is like.

I Stood at the back of the church with 26 ACP rounds and 30 Rifle rounds. I stood there forever just blasting these guys down. I knew my rifle would attract attention but other times I've found an end to the amount of Zombies coming for me. Also, It was too many for the size of this Town. Before I entered, I snuck around and counted 8, maybe? Then when the showdown happened, I shot down 20 with 10 more behind them!

When you're playing Dayz and you're playing for the immersion, It all falls apart once you realize the Zombies are magically appearing out thin air with infinite numbers. I could identify the respawn, It was how they massed in groups instantly rather than slowly accumulate, as if the ran from the distance.

I dunno, just needs to be sorted. What happened today was FUBAR.