Frosty-nee

Zombie respawn time too fast

I think they should have a 30 min re spawn delay, realistically if you cleared an area they should be gone.

people don't hang around longer than 30 mins in most places.

But this should be dependant on where.

Frequency should change depending on if its an open area, mid sized town or city.

Cities should be a 15 min delay on each individual zed. Not as a pack.

Edited by moofactory

Me and my clan tried killing all the zeds at a helicopter crash site only to find out once we killed one wave they all instantly spawned back; Luckily we all got out okay.

I'm new to the game, but from watching older youtube 'lets plays', i can see the zombie behaviour has changed drastically recently. I'm having a lot of trouble doing the kinds of things now, that i can see players did some time ago in the game; ie spawning, running about a bit, seeing a zombie, crouching or giving it a bit of a wide birth, then returning to running until you hit a building - crouch, scope it out a bit, get some loot and then see another zombie as you leave. I'm more or less having to crawl from the spawn point - running at any point is almost suicide. If a zombie sees me (and they do every time), i have more or less had it. On the spawning mechanic, I'm not sure how Dayz zombie spawn works, but i think the best idea would be to have the zombies attached to a certain area (target) spawn randomly positioned some distance (1/2 mile) from it and have them amble slowly towards their designated zone. This would mean players could clear a target area for a period and could also have chance encounters with travelling zombies en-route in areas not usually populated with zombies. The problem for me is not what happens when you kill a zombie (I'm a new player, I don't kill zombies), but how they now appear in the game. Yesterday, at night I found myself in a small anonymous yard in a small village entirely surrounded by groaning zombies - none of which had detected me and none of which were there when i entered the yard; that doesn't make sense from a realism point of view and it kills key game-play mechanics (scoping areas for zombies, looking for gaps etc). Cheers

Edited by magrathea

Zombies should not spawn so close to you or right in front of you. You also should be able to clear an area and be safe for a short amount of time. Also don't understand how a zombie can be aggro'd when it just spawned. Should be slight delay after spawning until it can be aggro'd.

me and my mate tryed to loot 1 deer stand we decidet to shoot the 3 zeds down,as we start to shoot there spawned like 10 more in front of us, so we relogt, the spawned zeds wherre gone but as we started a second time to shoot the 10 zeds returned,we tried this 4 times and then moved on without the loot from the deer stand!

PS zeds keep on spawning directly below the deer stand!

spawn rate is not a real big problem imo but placing is! Today i was visiting stary and while i was looting a militairy tent a zed spawned right next to me, just about a feet away. My tip for having less trouble with zeds: go in fast, go out fast. If you have to shoot, do it whit a quet gun (Lee enfield is a darwin machine). Personally, when i loot, i run into a town not mentioning the zeds. Run into a barn or brick house, just entering any building will do. Pick of the zeds that have followed you and loot the place. Run away from the town and if any zeds follow turn around, walk backwards and pick them off again. This way i only have to deal with aprox. 5 zeds when looting cherno or electro

I got into a firefighter with my bud 2 nights ago and the poor bastatds we were up against affront'd the entire town. It seemed as if zombies were spawning as they were killing them. After we killed these guys there were piles of dead zombies and while we were looting their corpses, there were still zombies EVERYWHERE. These guys both had wasted all of their ammo on zombies rather than on us. They both had only half a mag left, this is probably why they made a desperate attempt to steal our UAZ.

Alrdy suggested, however, this is rly annoying indeed. +1

The problem for me is not how fast they re-spawn but how fast they run.

You don't stand a chance against zombies in an open field simply because they run like maniacs on crack and you can't shoot them while they approach in a reliable way.

Oh, and they also run in zig-zag.

The problem for me is not how fast they re-spawn but how fast they run.

You don't stand a chance against zombies in an open field simply because they run like maniacs on crack and you can't shoot them while they approach in a reliable way.

Oh, and they also run in zig-zag.

Just run backwards, zed wil stop to attack if he is near but he wil miss cuz you are still moving. right then just go walk, pull out your gun shoot the damn thing. It really ain't that hard.

Just run backwards, zed wil stop to attack if he is near but he wil miss cuz you are still moving. right then just go walk, pull out your gun shoot the damn thing. It really ain't that hard.

As soon as you stop they catch up with you in a second, no way you can take the shot before being hit.

As soon as you stop they catch up with you in a second, no way you can take the shot before being hit.

Yeah really you can, i do it all the time. Just run backwards. the zed will catch up with you and trie to attack but he'll miss cuz you are stil moving. just that moment when he attacks he does not move. that moment you empty your clip into his brains. practice a few times and you will not find it that hard at all. promise!

Yeah really you can, i do it all the time. Just run backwards. the zed will catch up with you and trie to attack but he'll miss cuz you are stil moving. just that moment when he attacks he does not move. that moment you empty your clip into his brains. practice a few times and you will not find it that hard at all. promise!

What if it is like 3 zombies running around in zig zag at the same time?

What if it is like 3 zombies running around in zig zag at the same time?

Makes it more difficult, thats for sure, but not impossible. have some patience and time your shots. 1 zed at a time, mabye 2 if you can aim fast.

Practice makes perfect

Finally found a heli crash site but couldn't get near it. tried a stealth approach but got aggro'd. Managed to kill all the zombies but they respawned, figured it'd been too long so killed the second wave outright and quickly but they instantly respawned. Spent a really long time trying to approach it but never did.

Pretty much impossible to get near the heli crash without just watching it for a long time and hoping the all Zeds wander far enough away from it at the same time. That or using someone as fodder to lure every zed away.

Date/Time: 6/23 11:00PM

What happened: Engaged on a group of four zombies near a barn, while our group was killing them, we watched in shock as another four zombies spawned at the barn, and then again, four times in total, causing us to expend much more ammunition than was expected. Zombies should not be respawning 20 meters away from survivors a few moments after they're killed.

What you were doing: looking for sweet lewtz

Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

Zs are respawning to fast. Clearing a position of Zs makes no sense at all if this is not changed. This also very unrealistic. If I clear a position of Zs I should have a cleared position after that!

With loud guns such as the Lee and the Kobra, I always have swarm after swarm spawning and coming after me. Just gotta pull out the good ol' handgun. I have noticed zombies spawning a little to fast other then the whole loud gun issue, but that's just to make up for the low count of Zeds.

I don't even shoot at zombies anymore, I just kite them to the neareat patch of trees and loot undisturbed

The Timers way to Fast, I Was in Novy Sobor, and Was cornered in a Building, Killed 100 Zombies, Endless wave of zombies, I just Disconnected and gave up, waste of my ammo.

The time is WAY to fast, and gives the player near to no chance of survival.

Also had it in Cherno, Was shooting a few zombies with my Lee, Then pretty much Every zombie in the city came to me.

Edited by PancakeMixes

I support this. I have had Infected spawn almost directly on me and immediately aggro, three all together, a mere second or two after shooting a single target down.

I have no problem with Zeds respawning, but I have a problem with them doing so directly on me. They are also respawning so fast that by the time I shoot down a third, another wave has spawned again in plain sight and immediately aggroed.

Agreed, zombie spawns are 'broken'.

Watching a deer stand and the 3 zombies that spawned with it, a couple minutes and three more have spawned, then another three for nine around one deerstand...

Do they really multiply now? We found a helicrash yesterday with like 30 Zs around, we first thought it was hacked in because we usually find around 10?...If it is kept that way no wonder the servers crash.

Sadly I didn't record it but at the barns west of the power plants near Zelegnorsk, I was providing overwatch as my friends raided the barn.

They engaged 4 zombies, I watched 4 more spawn out of thin air before they'd killed the ones they engaged.

Their shots agro'd the newly spawned ones.

More spawned... before the old were killed, agro'd

and on and on.

They killed around 100 maybe 150 before we figured it wasn't going to stop.

We had to run into the woods and finish them off there, Ridiculous.

• Like 1