Ugly (DayZ)

Character roll-back after new patch?

Yeah, same issue here. Not worried about the loss of gear, but I wouldnt mind getting my ingame name changed. It was my steam name before, but now its changed to my computer name (which  people may/may not find offensive)

not sure if answered yet, but you can just click on your name, in the bottom right hand corner of main menu and change it.

My god you people are ridiculous. Never test a game again, please.

My god, please understand how a database works before you post again, please.

Character resets should practically be expected, as well as game instability.  We're here to test this for them and don't forget that we paid for the right to deal with bugs, bugs, and more bugs so that others didn't have to.  We PAID for the right.  Every user was made plainly aware that they really should not pay into the alpha but we did anyways.  So chill, continue to post issues like this in a constructive manner so that the Dev team can look for resolution, and enjoy the experience along the way.

@ AdamUK - and yes, if the issue is database instability then it is good that they are ironing it now rather than later.  But maybe dial back expectations.

Edited by - Karma -
  • Like 1

Same issue here. I hope they know the way how to fix this? I had M4 with around 400 rounds. I've the gear that I played with last week :/

My god you people are ridiculous. Never test a game again, please.

Anyone who gets more than momentarily upset about bugs/losses, you got that right.

Character resets should practically be expected, as well as game instability.  We're here to test this for them and don't forget that we paid for the right to deal with bugs, bugs, and more bugs so that others didn't have to.  We PAID for the right.  Every user was made plainly aware that they really should not pay into the alpha but we did anyways.  So chill, continue to post issues like this in a constructive manner so that the Dev team can look for resolution, and enjoy the experience along the way.

@ AdamUK - and yes, if the issue is database instability then it is good that they are ironing it now rather than later.  But maybe dial back expectations.

I know there will be flaws, it's just the way two database were involved, but oh well.

Anyone know what the berry bushes look like?, i find it interesting that you can pick berries lol.

1772624.jpg

Did you enjoy reading that book? it maybe to your taste but not mine, but nice try :) trololololo

Edited by AdamUK

seriously guys, gear?! who cares...new update you should all be happy by now...and btw what do you do with 1 week characters, hiking, wtf?!

• Like 1

seriously guys, gear?! who cares...new update you should all be happy by now...and btw what do you do with 1 week characters, hiking, wtf?!

Everyone likes a hike to see the countryside :P

Happens to 2 of my friends right now. Than switch servers in hope for some daylight..bam back to freshy...than switch again..bam back to fully pristine gear...

Yeah, you know that happened to me.  I jumped to another server, lost everything and was fresh, then I jumped to another and was back to the week old character again.

I'll try again tonight to see if I can find a day server.

It takes me like 30 mins to gear up and 10 mins to die in Electro so...visit Electro and loot my body :D

Oh so everyone hides in electro i was wondering why wandering round the airfield just after chernorg you hardly come by anyone :P

• Like 1

Had fully geared char. and now I have my older char. lost to server wipe, but i missed him , he got pristine anti-stab vest and I am happy right now

hm this happened to me too, one server had me with my current character, a fresh spawn actually, and another, same public hive, regular also, put me in my gear from four five days ago -which is perfect for me, as I got KOS'd by some douche since and now I have my mosin back :)

1st time I spawned I was with a previous character.. had dinner came back ad i was on the beach.  Oh well time to start over. 

EDIT: actually I think my new character in on the hardcore hive and my kitted up one is on the pussy hive :p  That's a pain in the ass.

Edited by MadTommy

Mhm first time I logged in after the patch  I got my normal fully geared character but after a server restart I respawn with a new (not even with my standard character model) character with every server change.

Seems like the connection to the hive is somehow not working.

Maybe the client just lets you respawn if it can't connect properly to the hive?

So hopefully we can get our characters back (I guess it's just the connection to the hive because I got my normal character on the first server after the update).

Yeah while it may be in alpha, they should never state the characters would not be affected to be fair.

It's an alpha, this is normal in most alphas/betas.  Do they really need to state the obvious for the oblivious?

yeah im on a whole different character. the character i have now got killed like 4 days ago, and it spawned me in a location that i was never at.. like ever.

Yeah, you know that happened to me.  I jumped to another server, lost everything and was fresh, then I jumped to another and was back to the week old character again.

I'll try again tonight to see if I can find a day server.

the hardcore servers and regular servers run on different hives so we've essentially got 2 chars now that's probably part of the reason why when changing servers sometimes you have a new spawn and other times your roll back, so the new spawn i guess is now your 'alt' (for lack of a better word) :P

Edit: dean just replied to a tweet about the changing character thing

1. @rocket2guns I have my gear on one 'UK' server but then when i leave and join another it's gone, but its still there on that server? :S

2. @JamesSpeed554 probably one is hardcore and one is regular, different shards of the database

Edited by twingunz

the hardcore servers and regular servers run on different hives so we've essentially got 2 chars now that's probably part of the reason why when changing servers sometimes you have a new spawn and other times your roll back, so the new spawn i guess is now your 'alt' (for lack of a better word) :P

I don't think so, I've changed servers about 10 times and every time I got a new character with a new look.

Hello,

Yes i have the same issue, looks like when they told us:

• Does my saved character get affected in experimental branch?

No. It runs on a different database, so any changes will not affect your character on stable branch.

It was clearly a lie.

Lets hope they were smart enough to do a backup of the database!!! and restore our characters!

These are on the main servers, we have been rolled back a few days/weeks.

I was up north with an M4A1 modded and some serious kit, I ended up back in the centre of the map with my mosin and rustic civilian gear from a week ago.

The first server I managed to log into had me a new spawn (I had left a fully geared character at the NW airfield yesterday) which was fine, I just figured they had done a character wipe. Tried another server because the first one was in the night cycle, spawned in and I was back with a character who had died last Friday. The different server hives would explain why your getting a new character, but getting a character that died a week ago is definitely a bit odd. 

Can't really complain though, the game seems to be running better after the new patch so getting a rolled back character isn't really a big deal considering we are in alpha.

I don't know about you guys, but I would trade my items for an update any day. If someone told you last night that the game would update tomorrow if you are willing to give your items up, you would do it. I don't see why such a big deal was made about this, especially when players are already getting wiped all the time. We have more content to mess around with. Be happy. It's probably going to happen again with updates to come so it would be wise to get accustomed to it now. I'm surprised people weren't expecting this. I don't mean to justify character wipes, they should be stopped however possible, but it's an unfortunate part of the game that players have already been experiencing for a while now, not something that suddenly sprung up with this update. 

Edited by Solopopo