Sign in to follow this  
hannibaldaplaya

Ammunition should be extremely rare

When I go into a military camp and find enough magazines to fill the largest ingame backpack, we have a huge fucking problem, especially when each magazine is completely and utterly full.

And this is only for 5.56mm. 7.62mm, .357, and .45 acp are like 50 times harder to find. I've found thousands of 5.56mm magazines, but only a couple .45 acp magazines (though I have found tons of bullets for the weapon) and only a handful of .357. When I've had a mosin, I've found that I have to drop it for an M4A1 because I couldn't seem to find any ammunition for it.

Ammunition should be rare. High caliber ammunition should be extremely rare. 5.56mm shouldn't spawn more then food in some locations.

• Like 7

Well as you know, this is Alpha.. Give it time and things will get balanced out.. Loot is soo easy to find because they want people to be able to find stuff to test out.

• Like 1

This kitten could kill an army with m4 bullets, m8. 

I've counted over 100 m4 bullets., 'grin'

edited; yeah, some handgun amo. is very rare and too hard to find at the moment.

I've only found two mags. to my FNX45 pistol and I agree too rare in comparison to larger rifles like M4..

And I've visited military barracks and air towers at Airfield, + green mountain military barracks on different servers..

-Ori

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 1

please tell me where you can find enough mags to fill a large backpack in one place. i would say that you are very highly exaggerating 

ORLY.

You are pointing out an obvious problem since the beginning of the game...the flaw in the loot system. I don't think they will ever get rid of that problem as long as they use this method of spawning items. And to the "It's an alpha it's an alpha" preachers, it's not an alpha problem.

Let's wait until they add more russian weapons, this game reeks too western anyway.

Edited by Enforcer

Just a smidge!

please tell me where you can find enough mags to fill a large backpack in one place. i would say that you are very highly exaggerating 

I agree with this.  Player interaction would be much more tense if you had to think before firing a bullet.

In my opinion, mags shouldn't always spawn full.  Maybe you find a lot more that have 1-5 bullets in them.  When loot starts respawning correctly, this will be more feasible.  Also, as bullet types expand with the inclusion of new guns, the spawns will be more saturated and hopefully it will be harder to find ammo to match your gun.

Actually, I am against server bouncing to find equipment - when you reach a military barrack: You can just bounce enough servers to get a complete military set.

And that's not alpha issue at all, but a core game design at the moment.

-Ori

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 2

Probably not in one place, but whenever I go out looking for ammunition, it takes me only an hour or so to completely fill up an ammunition box.

The hard part about making ammunition more rare is that some civilian weapons also share ammunition with military-grade weapons. The Mosin 9130, for example, uses 7.62x54mm rounds, which is a weapon caliber shared with many military-grade weapons throughout the game and in the real world. Restricting 7.62x54mm ammunition to dampen the effectiveness of some military-grade weapons could have an inverse effect on some civilian weapons as a result.

If the overall goal is to make all ammunition less common, then this is a good change. If the overall goal is to make ammunition for military-grade weaponry less common, it'll most likely hurt some civilian weapons as well.

NWAF if you search the mil base and the air field you can get a huge amount of clips my luckiest run alone at NWAF i found 4 double clips(60 round) 3 40 round mags 4 30 round mags 2 20 round mags and 1 10 round mag all for the m4 oh and 2 ammo boxs ( i kept the double clips and emptied all the others out to put ammo in ammo box.

Its crazy how much ammo that place has if you look for it....

I agree, I hope when loot gets balanced ammo is VERY rare.  I think this will improve the fun of the game immensely. (for me at least)

I want the game to be about survival not just another shooter.  90% should be armed with only malee weapons IMO.  Much more fun that everyone armed with auto & semi auto rifles.

• Like 1

Actually, I am against server bouncing to find equipment - when you reach a military barrack: You can just bounce enough servers to get a complete military set.

And that's not alpha issue at all, but a core game design at the moment.

-Ori

It IS an alpha problem because they are working on a solution to server hopping to make it no feasible.That is one of the things they are testing right now.

Look at it this way, when ALL the other calibers are added in, the likelihood of finding the ammo you want will be less.

Probably not in one place, but whenever I go out looking for ammunition, it takes me only an hour or so to completely fill up an ammunition box.

The hard part about making ammunition more rare is that some civilian weapons also share ammunition with military-grade weapons. The Mosin 9130, for example, uses 7.62x54mm rounds, which is a weapon caliber shared with many military-grade weapons throughout the game and in the real world. Restricting 7.62x54mm ammunition to dampen the effectiveness of some military-grade weapons could have an inverse effect on some civilian weapons as a result.

If the overall goal is to make all ammunition less common, then this is a good change. If the overall goal is to make ammunition for military-grade weaponry less common, it'll most likely hurt some civilian weapons as well.

Yeah I was going to say - I have a rifle chambered in 5.56 in my closet at home.  There aren't mutually exclusive calibers for military and civilian purposes.

First of all, the mosin in real life fires the 7.62x54r round, r for rimmed cartridge. Don't ever stick a Russian 7.62 in your 308 rifle in real life (308 being the same designation as the NATO 7.62x51 round). There is a very minor difference, which is why you must buy that specific ammo for a mosin at the store. The devs do a bad job of defining the round itself in game right now.

I've found plenty of mosin ammo in game personally, and I do think some of the rifle rounds are a bit too easy to find. I also think handguns and handgun ammo need a big bump in drop rates.

I absolutely hate that you can only reliably find a gun at a military base or airstrip right now. I think it only caters to one playstyle, and makes it harder for other players to get by or have a chance at defending themselves unless they make a bumrush for goodies.

If ammo is more dispersed across the map, with less chance for military bases to have a million mags, I think it would solve the problem somewhat. People would be rewarded for combing through cities and not by running to a base to load up (and get violently murdered in the process).

Edited by Zeshio
  • Like 1

It's not entirely unknown to find 3-4 magazines of 5.56 in a single barracks building. And some bases have four of them :). 

Look at it this way, when ALL the other calibers are added in, the likelihood of finding the ammo you want will be less.

qft.

Amo ain't the problem here, but the long range 'sniper' scopes and full health system (maybe total health is too little?) - the pros.can murder someone at 800 meter range!

Just see Frankie youtube videos! 'grin ))

-Ori

Amo ain't the problem here, but the long range 'sniper' scopes and full health system (maybe total health is too little?) - the pros.can murder someone at 800 meter range!

Just see Frankie youtube videos! 'grin ))

-Ori

Im not a KOS killer so i am not defending it from that stand point lol but um a 7.62 from 600 m in a un armoured person ( depending on hit location) is um quite lethal in real life sure if your wearing a tac vest with the plates in it ( not yet implemented??) that will stop them but a rain coat lol your going to die or at best be severely screwed up !!

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

Sometimes I wonder if anyone on this forum has any common sense or knows anything about firearms,

Sometimes I wonder if anyone on this forum has any common sense or knows anything about firearms,

Enlighten us please..

Rare? Yes. "Extremely" rare? I'll pass on that. I'm really not interested in playing a game in which the primary combat mechanic is beating each other over the head with shovels and axes. Because, rest assured, if people don't have ammo they're not suddenly going to stop killing each other. For evidence of this you need only visit the beach at the moment and see how many people try to beat you to death with their bare hands. Lacking ammo doesn't make people friendly.

Further, the notion that rare ammo will make people "think before shooting" is misguided in my opinion. If ammo becomes extremely rare, I'm personally going to want to kill you more on the off chance you have a few rounds on you. If I spend 1-2 bullets to murder you and you have more than 2 on you, then I've made an ammo profit on the deal.

• Like 2

Enlighten us please..

I'm fairly certain that military isn't going to keep one magazine of ammunition in their bases. I myself have thousands of rounds and dozens of magazines for my firearms, and I'm not even military or police. And for that matter, ammo isn't as common as you think, every time I have been through a military base I am lucky to just find an empty FNX mag.