• Yes
    • No
    • Later in development
    • I don't care either way.

add it and replace the Magnum with the MP-412 or some other RUSSIAN .357

Not replace, just make super rare.

But add Russian .357

I don't need my .357s to be Russian.

Tthey could be German (Korth, Weirauch), Italian (Rossi), Brazilian (Taurus), French (Manurhin), American (Smith & Wesson, Ruger), Czech (Alfa Proj), etc, etc, etc.

It comes down to what is more common. Citizens in Russia don't buy handguns because they are illegal, so Russian comparisons are void. A .357 revolver is in 99.9% of cases a civilian gun, and in a country like Chernarus, 100% a civilian gun, so they can't be attributed to the local police. Civilians don't limit themselves to locally-produced guns. Besides, many well-known European manufacturers are literally right next door.

The big brands will be more common than some locally-produced weapon only made in small numbers.The Colt Python doesn't fit because they are quite expensive and out of production, not just because it's American. The Colt Pythons on Gunbroker right now are going for $1000+ to one at $17,500. They would not be commonly found around Chernarus; the Python's inclusion was a poor decision, a cheaper, more common revolver would not be quite as bad.

As for the MP-412, it never even reached the production stage. Stillborn prototype.

• Like 1

I could agree to seeing this added in as the general language in use is russian. But geographically I'm not sure where this fictional nation/district is supposed to be located.

Given that sense of ignore these pistols were fairly common in the Red Army through WW2 and may have been left behind during the fall of the soviet union. Though the Makarov is a more common pistol in the old Iron Curtain nations than the Nagant.

I could agree to seeing this added in as the general language in use is russian. But geographically I'm not sure where this fictional nation/district is supposed to be located.

Given that sense of ignore these pistols were fairly common in the Red Army through WW2 and may have been left behind during the fall of the soviet union. Though the Makarov is a more common pistol in the old Iron Curtain nations than the Nagant.

Its on Russia's eastern (i think) border. It was also part of the USSR Untill 1991. Bohemia made a map of it, i'll post it later.

And actaully, the majority of Soviet pistols in service untill around 1944 were Nagants, which remained in manufacture untill the end of the war and in service untill the mid 1950s.

And i you read the entire thread, they are still used by some Police and Security guards.

Edited by thedogfoodyayho

The reason i hate cod is it hasn't changed in, what, 7 years now? It used to be a great series, then after MW2...

BTW, I played all the original CoD games, MW1/2/3, WAW, Blackops 1/2 ect. I have no idea why i kept buying after MW3. 

I now only own MW2 and WAW...

I realize this is WAY off topic, but Infinity Ward has stated that they intend to produce exactly the same core game, with only minor changes, noting that their main consumer base aren't standard "gamers" who experience a lot of games and are able to reference them with one another, but could better be classified as "CoD gamers."

Treyarch has made no such claim or observation.

Voted for this already in Scubamans weapon poll some weeks ago... 

"Voted for russian weapons only

Ak's, Nagant M1895 Revolver ( would go so sexy with the current holster) the Saiga shotgun and the Bison   :) "

so + 1 from me for the Nagant ( would not mind if they remove the Python for it)

The Colt Python doesn't fit because they are quite expensive and out of production, not just because it's American. The Colt Pythons on Gunbroker right now are going for $1000+ to one at $17,500. They would not be commonly found around Chernarus; the Python's inclusion was a poor decision, a cheaper, more common revolver would not be quite as bad.

Do you think that the inclusion of the FNX-45 (Really the FNP-45, but it's only a 3 year difference) was really any better?

Somehow I think the DayZ Devs included it only because its' new and players like having brand-new weapons to play with. That's why the UTS-15 shotgun is showing up in everything all of the sudden (Even the fucking Walking Dead, which the UTS-15 shouldn't exist in considering the apocalypse then happened in 2010). 

The same thing happened with the Kel-Tec KSG and the Kriss Vector.

As for the Nagant 1895, do it. It'd fit well for the scenario.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I dont understand why ( as you say OACCEPTABEL)  the game items  cant be  enjoyable if the developers respect where the game is placed in the world.

I dont know much of russian guns or history but i like em. they give variety.  the weapons cant be all western- european/usa ones
because CHERNARUS is not there :) .

anyways initially there will not be much variety in weapons as it can be seen in the game files.

I dont understand why ( as you say OACCEPTABEL)  the game items  cant be  enjoyable if the developers respect where the game is placed in the world.

I dont know much of russian guns or history but i like em. they give variety.  the weapons cant be all western- european/usa ones

because CHERNARUS is not there :) .

anyways initially there will not be much variety in weapons as it can be seen in the game files.

Now, if we talk about variety, then there is room even for more variants of the same weapon....

One example Makarov. Common Makarov uses 9x18 makarov ammo.

Usual service pistol in Russia, Belarus and some other former USSR countries is MP-71 (IZH-71) , which are identical copy of Makarov, and uses 9x17 (.380) ammo (an ammo which are allowed for private security agencies in those countries and are therefore widely widespread). http://imzcorp.com/en/company/58.html

Exist even more "copies" of Makarov - for example Baikal 442-104 uses 9x19 parabellum ammo, are mostly for export.

Theoretically all these guns would be fit in Cherno. And if people need to lern, then just this, how to manage weapons, which are almost identical by characteristics, but uses different cartridges.

Unfortunately, possibilities of game isn't limitless, and too many small details might be too difficult to implement. There might be also other technical problems too (I do not even have to mention the people's wishes, where the survival aspect is one of the smallest).

Edited by gregor

Does not sound good, it's not a final word but still. https://mobile.twitter.com/MasterForward/status/429301724369530880

They can't du that.

They pretty clearly have no intention of making this game make any sense at all when I think about it.

Generic ammo, .357 in post soviet nation.

5.56 Nato all over the show.

More crappy 5.56 Nato AR's, maybe?

I would vote against it, I would like an unsimplified weapon system where noobs wouldn't remember round names and be attempting to fit every sort of bullet in their gun.