Sign in to follow this  
Twixxer

A rusty plane.

A rusty plane. Needs lots of fixing. One per server. Endgame goal. Something like this:

final-small.jpg

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

Please no ;/

Why not? It'd be amazing..  What is a world without a plane?

well... Imagine the only place to land it would be the airfields. Other places like fields can be used too, but it would be very dangerous to land there, if you're not familiar with the ground.
And landing a "Here-I-Am-Screaming-Machine" next to the places where most players are... well I don't think this is a good idea.

Planes in general - yes.

Super rare planes that can be shot down with mosins - no.

No. While it would be really nice to look at, and really cool to fly over the map with (HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A PLANE GUISE), I don't think it would be worth the effort of implementing it, for various reasons:

1. limited options to start and land

This one's obvious. Basically you can only land at the airfield or on roads (possibly a field if you're good/lucky)

2. LOUD AS FUCK

Yep. Would attract all zombies from the area (although that's not that much of a deal atm) and players, of course.

3. Gasoline.

While a helicopter is able to simply land next to a fuel station, you'd have to carry the gas all the way to the airfield if you have a plane. Not to mention that you currently don't have cars, so you can't even carry more than one or two at a time.

So while it would be cool to fly and look at, it isn't really practical. Helos are a different thing tough.

Edited by Firewarrior64

No. While it would be really nice to look at, and really cool to fly over the map with (HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A PLANE GUISE), I don't think it would be worth the effort of implementing it, for various reasons:

1. limited options to start and land

This one's obvious. Basically you can only land at the airfield or on roads (possibly a field if you're good/lucky)

2. LOUD AS FUCK

Yep. Would attract all zombies from the area (although that's not that much of a deal atm) and players, of course.

3. Gasoline.

While a helicopter is able to simply land next to a fuel station, you'd have to carry the gas all the way to the airfield if you have a plane. Not to mention that you currently don't have cars, so you can't even carry more than one or two at a time.

So while it would be cool to fly and look at, it isn't really practical. Helos are a different thing tough.

Map will get expanded over time. And everything dosen't have to be practical.

Keep in mind helicopters are far more valuable vehicles then biplanes ingame.

I think biplane could be potential civilian aircraft you could find in large barns in NW fields of Chenarus,

rather in risky areas of the airfields. Their limited landing areas also offer better opportunities for people

to steal it, rather then try shooting it down on sight and settlers of distant camps and Utes island would

find this vehicle useful.

Ya the rusty part maybe not , but you never know if they toned the rust part down and just made it look a little dirty and broken to match the apocalypse setting then it's more believable less of an eyesore and still presents some challenge ... I hate when people say no to a good vehicle/ gun because its "not accurate or efficient " this game isn't about jumping into the best vehicle and gettin the best gun it's about working with what you have ... So ya bi planes are an awesome idea but I personally don't like the rust look .

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/members/paul-w-gillespie-22102/albums/antique-planes/14720-120729-rusty-plane-restore-1.jpg

Hello there

I have no objection to one light aircraft, but TBH every time it flew it would be such a target.

Also spares and fuel wouldnt be all that available.

But As i like light aircraft, I do have a soft spot for the idea.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I am +1 for the fuel as a major problem as they will require quite a lot and a car could be used as an alternative.

Map will get expanded over time. And everything dosen't have to be practical.

The point is that it would take a lot of work to implement the plane. And that work wouldn't be worth it if the majority of the player doesn't use the plane due to it being impractical.

The point is that it would take a lot of work to implement the plane. And that work wouldn't be worth it if the majority of the player doesn't use the plane due to it being impractical.

Why would it be hard to implement it? And trust me, people would use it if they had no other option to fly. It would promote teamwork as the plane would require fixing aswell. If they add more islands, such as Utes, then planes can be useful.

Imo planes are more realistic than helicopters, since they are easier to fly and more common than helicopters.

Edited by Twixxer

I would use a plane and there are plenty of places to land besides the AF's. Like Twixxer said once islands are implemented they will be much more useful even though Chernarues is already big enough to hide a plane in multiple areas, Sea planes would be nice as well. 

I would use a plane and there are plenty of places to land besides the AF's. Like Twixxer said once islands are implemented they will be much more useful even though Chernarues is already big enough to hide a plane in multiple areas, Sea planes would be nice as well. 

Well, personally I wouldn't risk landing such a rusty plane anywhere but on an airstrip, but that'd be your choice.

Sea planes would be friggin' awesome though.

Well, personally I wouldn't risk landing such a rusty plane anywhere but on an airstrip, but that'd be your choice.

Sea planes would be friggin' awesome though.

True your right taking in the condition it might be a bit dangerous but hell you should see the people in Alaska they use old rickety planes to go everywhere and land practically anywhere.