Grenadier36

Name weapons that should be in DayZ SA

AS50's cousin? No thanks! D:

It's  9×39. bullet time is slow on it in arma 2. I really like it even if they nerf the shit out of it. I think they should add it.

I'd like to see more rifles, personally. No, no, not assault rifles-- rifles! The iconic Winchester 1894 in .30-30 sprinkled around farmhouses, maybe throw in one of Marlin's many .22LR models as a more common find in residential areas. I'm all for having a variety of firearms in the game, but I still want it to feel like a post-apocalyptic, SHTF scenario. If Chernarus has a storied history of military presence then by all means include plenty of guns that fit that bill; but I think it's just as integral to see the civilian market represented... especially if that means you have to start making conscious decisions about which types of ammo you're gonna start lugging around, and if it's really worth building up a stockpile of NATO 5.56 when you're creeping around the apartments of Cherno. :D

It's  9×39. bullet time is slow on it in arma 2. I really like it even if they nerf the shit out of it. I think they should add it.

I don't want to be a dick but I think they won't put any sniper rifles in the game  :|  at least that's what people told me. But of course you can always put a Long Range Scope in a Mosin, lay down in a rooftop and snipe the shit out of everyone. 

Edited by xBlurHitz

Flare guns, can be used as a weapon and catch zombies/ people on fire, also works as intented for signalling buddys, or making your location aware to enemies... might also distract zombies while in the air at night? (Land of the Dead style) Also can find different colored flares

use-flare-gun-1.jpg

Edited by crosa
  • Like 6

I don't want to be a dick but I think they won't put any sniper rifles in the game  :|  at least that's what people told me. But of course you can always put a Long Range Scope in a Mosin, lay down in a rooftop and snipe the shit out of everyone. 

The VSS really isn't a sniper rifle to begin with; it's intended range seldom exceeded 500m. It fires subsonic rounds, and 9x39 is a heavy load to boot. Haven't had the pleasure of firing one personally, but I would imagine ballistics drop starts becoming an impermeable factor at much beyond that.

• Like 2

gingatsu, although I think your knowledge is cool and all, I do think you're getting a bit technical :P. I think in real life the place Chernarus is based off is landlocked, not by the coast. And from the state of the buildings and vehicles on the standalone, it appears its set some years in the future so anything could have happened since the infection spread. But you do make a good point that most weapons should be Russian based. I personally would like to see less weapons in the game.

Í would like to make somekind of custom weapons, duct Tape and such to hold it togeather. Too craft you'r own kind of weapons and modify you'r weapons the way you want it. Kinda sounds like a MMORPG but still..

Anyway, gimme dem beans! :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

The VSS really isn't a sniper rifle to begin with; it's intended range seldom exceeded 500m. It fires subsonic rounds, and 9x39 is a heavy load to boot. Haven't had the pleasure of firing one personally, but I would imagine ballistics drop starts becoming an impermeable factor at much beyond that.

At that range think well over 100 MOA drop  and time of flight > 1.8 sec.

Wikipedia says "effective range 600m" but I don't buy it.

At that range think well over 100 MOA drop  and time of flight > 1.8 sec.

Wikipedia says "effective range 600m" but I don't buy it.

Wiki says its generally used >400m. Hell in the arma mod the bullet drop at that point was terrible and the delay on the bullet was basically two seconds too.

Wiki says its generally used >400m. Hell in the arma mod the bullet drop at that point was terrible and the delay on the bullet was basically two seconds too.

I bet it's actually more like 200m or so. 400m seems a bit... optimistic.

Personally, I would like to be able to craft a pipe gun... Literally a pipe that up put a shotgun shell into, with a primitive handle and manual firing pin... With the risk of it blowing up in your hands.

Real survivor style.

• Like 1

I bet it's actually more like 200m or so. 400m seems a bit... optimistic.

Agreed. They had it in the Cherno Life mod and it did not have long range at all.

Alright screw it, I want a Taurus (Raging) Judge or a S&W Governor 3" chamber.  .45 ACP .45 Longcolt .454 Casul and .410 bore.

ACP and .410 for Zombies, LC and Casul for unfriendly players.

Also want to be able to use .38 Special in the .357.

• Like 1

So are we all on board for having a VSS? I'd really fucking want one.

Yea it's a weapon that makes perfect sense for the setting but more importantly it fits a unique and awesome role.

Silent, short range to medium range precision rifle.

It also hits extremely hard.

For military I would go... maybe wanting to see RK-62 or such. Then tons and tons of weaponry that everyday citizen would have. WW2 leftovers! Submachine guns just for the sake of it maybe as bit heavier police site loot!

Been thinking, since were somewhere in Russia, should it be more Russian/Eastern EU weapons?

I've would like too see Mosin 91/30 M44 Carbine. A shorter version of the Mosin which is in the game now. Could be abit more 'rare' to find than the standard Mosin which we got now.

Also..  Maybe some other out-dates weapons? Maybe old WW2 German weapons aswell. Kar98?

Let me see what you other fans out there would like too see in the game! :D

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/97659-consolidated-weaponsequipment-suggestions/page-37#entry1604338

Of all the weapons I want to see in dayz the most important for me is one of the worlds most important and popular hunting civilian weapons of all time.

P1180671-900x601.jpg

Remington 700 one of the most accurate and popular hunting and tactical rifles and the basis for the m24, m40 and countless other military and law enforcement organizations.

Even the FBI with its super crazy moa accuracy requirements of .25 moa at 100m has picked a variant of the remington 700 as its main sniper rifle.

photo1.jpg

World class accuracy, super common and above all really affordable.

• Like 2

• PB9 - Integrally suppressed Makarov pistol in 9x18mm.
  • Sa Vz. 58 - A Czech rifle chambered in 7.62x39mm that's inspired and influenced by many rifles, but primarily the AK-47.
  • SV99 - Suppressed Russian close quarters bolt action sniper rifle in .22LR. (meant for shooting things <100m)
  • AS "Val" - Integrally suppressed Russian assault rifle chambered in 9x39mm. (Not including the VSS "Vintorez", slap a PU on a Val, and you pretty much have a Vintorez)
  • Vepr MA-9 - Russian civilian-sold semi-automatic only 9x19mm carbine.
  • AK-1XX series - 101,102, 103, 104, 105, 107, 108 - Differences pretty much boil down to caliber and barrel length (Modernized Avotmat Kalashnikov rifles)
  • AKS-74u - Compact AKS-74 in 5.45x39mm
  • AK-9 - Semi-compact Avtomat Kalashnikov in 9x39mm

That's all I can think of right now. Would absolutely love to see the Makarov or similar designs back in DayZ, for starters. Someone mentioned smoke grenades earlier, now that sounds really nice.

Edited by Mr._Colt

I'm just waiting for my beloved .44 Magnum, baby!

Edited by Mos1ey
No spamming unrelated links to your YouTube channel...

A fairly rare lever action in .357 would be nice.
7392d1349193038-looking-information-leve

Who needs a TV in a zombie apocalypse?

And an incredibly rare modern model with rails for mounting acessories.
tactical-lever-action.jpg
They can be chambered in a shitload of calibers, though. .44 included.