DropkickJeremy

Painted Mosin Picture

I'de love to paint my Combat helm (Camo) as well as my Firefighters Axe (Because that yellow/red is so dang bright.)

My friends are excited about the Mosin painting, but sucks to be me because I use the M4, lol... :(

is bringing tear of happy to my eye :( :)

and if this coming to dayz is bring even more tears to eyes of random players everywhere who hear but don't see camo mosin sticking fro bush :o  >:(  :(

Am I the only one who likes the original Mosin more? The wood colour is beautiful

Am I the only one who likes the original Mosin more? The wood colour is beautiful

I love the original color as well, but I think it can stick out too much at times.

So i take it camo paint colors are going to be in high demand probably. Also i  hope they have red white and blue id like to paint my mosin those colors.

Is it just for the gun or can we spray paint helmets and gear as well? It would be nice to have those crafting options.

Count me out im going to rape this Russian piece of trash gun hard when i get some spray paints.

I love the original color as well, but I think it can stick out too much at times.

Good point... maybe you can paint it on black too? I like to have a black camo other than a green camo, at night it's really nice, and a black Mosin would look beautiful  :o

Too bad mosin took serious nerfs.

Now 2 shots to kill from 5 meters is standard.

Same fate as unlucky lee enfield. Nerf after nerf.

Paint a red + on your head gear and people will either see it as a target to shoot at or a sign of hope

• Like 1

Too bad mosin took serious nerfs.

Now 2 shots to kill from 5 meters is standard.

Mosin damage looks unchanged to me. People have been reporting random "failures to stop" ever since the alpha first came out. Perhaps the bullets hit in a non-fatal spot such as the arms, legs, lower abdomen (?).

Mosin damage looks unchanged to me. People have been reporting random "failures to stop" ever since the alpha first came out. Perhaps the bullets hit in a non-fatal spot such as the arms, legs, lower abdomen (?).

Dunno but for sure like 3 weeks ago or so mosin was 1 shot kill when I was using it 100%

Then suddenly people started nearly always survive first shot.

Dunno but for sure like 3 weeks ago or so mosin was 1 shot kill when I was using it 100%

Yesterday my buddy shot a guy twice with mosin and he didn't go down, I had to finish him with my M4.

What's weird is that I have one shotted a few guys with my mosin in electro a while ago... maybe I just hit them in vital places and my friend didn't...

Maybe people have been toughened up.

By the way the Lee-Enfield fully deserved its "nerf". The only reason it was that powerful in the first place (1.6x the damage of .308) was an overlooked value by BIS.

Here's the scoop:

In Operation Flashpoint, they included Sopwith Camels as an easter egg. In Armed Assault, the Camels made a return. The Sopwith Camel, of course, has twin Vickers .303 machine guns.

However this posed a problem, the Vickers would not be very powerful firing plain old .303, so BIS greatly increased the damage to allow people to shoot down other Camels easier (as well as destroy ground vehicles). They weren't supposed to be realistic anyways.

Fast forward to ARMA 2, and someone gave the Lee-Enfield the highly overpowered Sopwith Camel ammunition from ARMA 1 instead of creating proper .303 ammo.

Finally they got around to fixing up all the nonsensical damages for ARMA (Makarov over twice as powerful as M9, etc) and they gave the Lee proper damage.

The Enfield fires a 174-gr bullet at 2,440 ft/s for a muzzle energy of 2,300 ft-lbs.

The SVD fires a 152-gr bullet at 2,723 ft/s for a muzzle energy of 2,500 ft-lbs.

The M24 fires a 175-gr bullet at 2,625 ft/s for a muzzle energy of 2,677 ft-lbs.

Was 12,500 damage ever appropriate? I think not.

Good point... maybe you can paint it on black too? I like to have a black camo other than a green camo, at night it's really nice, and a black Mosin would look beautiful :o

That'd be nice, it'd blend in with my current clothes. And it would definitely be cool to apply to gear as well, but whenever they add weather in the rain should wash it off. Or if you go into a pond or in the ocean or whatever. Face paint would be neat as well.

Talk about not prioritizing the right things.

Who gives a crap about stupid paint on your weapon such an idiotic feature.

Meanwhile the player count remains low, tpv is still a huge exploit and content is lacking.

Meanwhile the player count remains low, tpv is still a huge exploit and content is lacking.

Player count is low? The server I'm in always has quite a few people in it, and so do tons of others. What exactly is TPV? And how are you going to say adding new content is idiotic and shouldn't be first priority, then turn around and say "content is lacking"?

While a new feature such as this is nice, I'd rather be able to dismantle, clean and oil my firearms.

• Like 1

While a new feature such as this is nice, I'd rather be able to dismantle, clean and oil my firearms.

That'd be awesome. I think it should be a requirement to maintain your firearms.

• Like 2

Player count remains low? Ummmmm what game are you playing. Over a million people bought the game and at any time there are literally tens of thousands playing. Very easy to find a full server. I think you are not actually playing the game at all as your statement is so wrong.

Features however I agree about, they are lacking but will come. I also think they need to fix some more important issues like the unresponsive controls (when equipping weapon, hitting vault and not vaulting etc) and the sound glitches......but I doubt they will be fixed for quite a while.

and 3pv? I think you mean 3rd person or 3pp? No one says 3pv. It's not an exploit. It's part of the game and on 3pp servers it is  the same for everyone. If you don't like it don't use it. No argument needed. There's a whole thread of people bitching about it pointlessly.

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 3

That'd be nice, it'd blend in with my current clothes. And it would definitely be cool to apply to gear as well, but whenever they add weather in the rain should wash it off. Or if you go into a pond or in the ocean or whatever. Face paint would be neat as well.

They confirmed that you will be able to paint it Black, Camo, and Green, so you may be in luck!

They confirmed that you will be able to paint it Black, Camo, and Green, so you may be in luck!

No gold paint?

I wanted to paint my m4 at gold.

• Like 1

Good deal, looking forward to it!

I wnat to paint my character black, so he can hide in the shadows.

Too risky to change my skin color from the menu.