Sidewinder24

Dyslecxi shows just how amazing 1PP only is in NEW video.

All I want is more stance positions like in Arma 3 and I would be totally happy with the removal of 3rd person. At the moment there are instances where you should be able to peek over or around a wall but you can't because the crouch is just slightly too low. Once they perfect the Avegant Glyph, or the Oculus Rift, there's no way I'll be playing DayZ in third person.

Look, I'll make it simple.  In "the real" world it's easy to conceal yourself.  It's an ambush world.  The arguments I've see from 1PV are "come out and fight."

Sorry, that's not "real world."  DayZ isn't open field military.  It's guys sneaking around and shooting you in the back.  If you allow that to happen to you, you get your chance only if he misses.  He has to come into the open to fire.  Up to you how you handle it.

Despite your contention, there are no missing bricks and dirty windows in DayZ.   Not one brick wall you see through.  Not one window you can be behind and not be seen.  Not one bush or brush pile near a house to conceal yourself.   Totally unlike the real world.  

3PV compensates for that.  Not perfectly, but 1PV is even more unreal.  1PV is better for teams of wannabe military and twitch shooters.  3PV keeps survivors alive. 

Or gets them killed if they're not cautious.

I'm not military.  So I want the advantages of concealment the real world would afford me.  Frankly wouldn't want to play without 3PV. 

Like I said, add in concealment mechanics, and I'd play 1PV.   As it is, I see no benefit to it.

Oh, I like looking at my ass, and I'm a sissy, so give up on that.

You watched the video right? Concealment can be done regardless of perspective, he was playing entirely in first person, yet was able to sneak around and conceal himself, yes, I will agree, THAT is part of the game, however, it has no relevance in this discussion as both perspectives can "hide", and you can peek in first person as well, you just don't get this unrealistic view around and over walls.

That is in no way realistic, there is plenty to hide behind, even in an open field there will be bushes, hay bales etc.

As an example of concealment, I was on a first person server earlier, in one of the high rises in berezino, there was someone outside with a flashlight looking in the windows of the highrises, I had visual on him, he turned his flashlight towards the exact window I was in, but because I was just peeking over, he did not see me, now, if he was better at spotting, he would have seen me, that is the difference between third person with the exploit, and first person, third person he wouldn't have even had a chance to see me, assuming I was actually in third person(even not "intending" to exploit third person, it happens).

Not sure why people don't understand that, the exploit is the real issue, not third person itself, it does not "make up" for any concealment, as you can conceal yourself just fine in first person.

It has nothing to do with "come out and fight", in fact, it is the opposite, and again, this video clearly shows he is concealing himself AND ambushing, in FIRST PERSON.

Go enjoy your third person, it won't be going away, I know that, the exploiting nature of it however, hopefully will.