rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

Hell no. A professional coder can jump in any industry standard project and at least do maintenance coding.

Nope

Hell no. A professional coder can jump in any industry standard project and at least do maintenance coding.

This isn't an industry standard project. VR engine is something that isn't widely used through the industry, it has a very difficult learning curve. It isn't like hiring someone to work on Unity or Source. Sorry bro. 

• Like 1

i need some help, my game version is now back to 0.30.114008 altough i didnt changed back to normal branch. it downloaded another dayz update (108MB) i guess the old patch even tho im still in the experimental branch, what can i do?

Steam just auto downgraded me back to 0.30.114008, even tho I have experimental beta enabled.

Did the update get pulled, or are they just tired of people trying to connect to internal testing servers?

Same here

i need some help, my game version is now back to 0.30.114008 altough i didnt changed back to normal branch. it downloaded another dayz update (108MB) i guess the old patch even tho im still in the experimental branch, what can i do?

Just WAIT! ;)

Same here

aaaaand WAIT should also help here ;)

P.S. at least till 8pm CET

Edited by SiSi

Last time I checked money could buy coders.

Touche...

Yes and codes come over night,get a grip of info your trying to teach us.

Today every teen in his period is a smart ass,in my country we would beat the shit outta them and learn them some manner that their parents could not!

• Like 1

No, it's not ignorance. It's perfectly true.

You are the ignorant fanboy that gets feverishly excited about new guns. Guns is the least important thing at the moment.

There are many way more important game play mechanical issues that should be addressed before this cherry picking patch.

It's not perfectly true, and I am not an ignorant fanboy. I signed up to help test a product that was advertised as having very little content and sometimes being broken to the point of not functioning at all. 

I also understand that development team members have different jobs and skill sets. It is much easier to model and texture a shotgun and release it than it is to debug netcode and entirely new prototype server-network architecture code. If you have content done and functional you release it in the current stable environment rather than not release any content at all.  

You just don't press a big button that says "Fix Bug" and then push the update out. 

There are members who are capable of finishing the map. 

There are members who are capable of simple bug fixes. 

There are members who are capable of network architecture changes. 

These members are not like interchangeable lego bricks. 

• Like 2

Maybe they don't want just anyone working on the game. Faster development does not necessarily make a better game.

So the point now is that developers are hard to find?

If they can't find, staff and train a group of new coders in a year, then I'd say they have a project management problem.

• Like 1

I guess there were some problems in first downloadable version. So Im back to 114008 as well ^^:
I think there will be a new version of this patch soon. Maybe Im wrong ^^

If they can't find, staff and train a group of new coders in a year, then I'd say they have a project management problem.

No, the point is that they might not want more developers.

Last time I checked money could buy coders.

Touche...

The less you know about coding the easier it is in your perception. I won't get into an argument. You lack the technical knowledge or the brains.

• Like 1

In every zombie movie or tv series I've watched 90% of people haven't killed on sight I guess your in that 10% group of assholes and I'm a grown man I do not cry plz don't make assumptions and instantly state there truth you are like the media. You cannot see me therefore you have no evidence of my emotions. We're not whiners were trying to make the game a better experience for all.

If you want to role play, go play world of warcraft or the sims but do not cry when I place a bullet in to your characters head and then scream hack when you suck at the game.  And you are flawed, yes in MOVIES and TV SHOWS they do that, in real life, kill on spot.    Think people in reality are going to take that chance of dealing with you?  I don't think so.  And yes I am one of them "Assholes" that kill everything on sight,  and I will continue to do so.  Like I said, keep crying about it. (and you are upset at the fact I kill on sight because you keep posting topics about it.  You have even gone as far as changing your picture to act as if your someone else spartan, I don't believe a grown man would be sitting here arguing about getting killed in a video game either.)  Just speculation from observations made. 

Edited by navy198523
  • Like 1

It's not perfectly true, and I am not an ignorant fanboy. I signed up to help test a product that was advertised as having very little content and sometimes being broken to the point of not functioning at all. 

Actually, I can't remember content being part of the warnings at all. It was mostly about functionality and bugs. Which is a bit odd, because the game functions reasonably well for an alpha. It's the lack of content and progress that is disturbing.

No, the point is that they might not want more developers.

Obviously they do, if I have read rockets twitter the last months correctly

• Like 1

Actually, I can't remember content being part of the warnings at all. It was mostly about functionality and bugs. Which is a bit odd, because the game functions reasonably well for an alpha. It's the lack of content and progress that is disturbing.

Honestly, I fail to see how 3 content updates plus a few extra silent updates in a month equates to "lack of content and progress" but alrighty then...

• Like 2

I just had an update for DayZ, and now i can't run the game (???)

is it just me or is anybody else experiencing this?

6rOb2.png

Translation: Starting game failed (running program missing)

They have been hiring new staff consistantly over the past year, the team now stands at around 30 people and they are still adding more.

Honestly, I fail to see how 3 content updates plus a few extra silent updates in a month equates to "lack of content and progress" but alrighty then...

I'm talking about the project from start to now - not just the last month. And frankly, I'm not too impressed by these patches either. Much of it seems like leftovers thrown to the dogs.

What the developers say:

“DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”

Straight from the steam store page you bought it from, the developers have stated many times that this will be a YEAR-LONG development cycle for the ALPHA. Meaning things will move slowly and methodically so that they are done RIGHT and not just quickly.
  • Like 1

Firstly as the bullet misses me by 30cm secondly why are you screaming hacks, because I am superior to you in the game and life? Lastly I changed my picture and my member title for a personal reason which has nothing to do with you.

Edited by spartan54820