conan the librarian

Suggestion - disable VOIP during gameplay

Hi.

While I understand OP's point, I seriously doubt this would ever be done.

To all you guys complaining about the game being able to scan your system for teamspeak and similar services, do you make the same complaint about B.E. scanning your processes for potential cheats?

Didn't think so, damn hypocrites... :lol:

Regards.

In response to the OP, I can see why you would want things to be realistic especially with the idea of walkie talkies out there. I like the idea, but I also feel it would not work. Period. Even if the game somehow had enough access and power to prevent 3rd party voice programs from working while in game, people could just use phones, ipads, other computers, or whatever to talk to their comrades if they really wanted to. You'd still be jumped and KOS by people who want to organize to do so (they would find a way whether with one of those devices, a hack, or some sort of other bypass), all you're doing is making it more difficult for the general masses to organize with their friends. 

Again though, it's a cool idea and I wish that something like this was possible, but I think this idea probably belongs in that thread about ideas that won't make it to dayz.

Edited by Maia

it would be really fun to only have direct communication and radios if they were dont well (like ACRE perhaps)

however, blocking software is tricky and as the OP said there would be workarounds. For a server event or a private hive where people can be trusted to play the rules on honour code alone then it could work. Disabling it across the game would I think make it frustrating for people who want to shoot the shit with their friends as they traverse epic distances in search of beans 

Combat log, KOS, server hop and everything else I can get away with to give me an advantage until they sort out the telepathy of group players.

Telepathy? You do realize that EVERY national army worldwide uses radio communication to relay information to their squad and HQ? How is using Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Mumble/Skype any different?

Combat log, KOS, server hop and everything else I can get away with to give me an advantage until they sort out the telepathy of group players.

Merged and moved.

Telepathy? You do realize that EVERY national army worldwide uses radio communication to relay information to their squad and HQ? How is using Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Mumble/Skype any different?

Yes, and when these armed forces speak over advanced communication systems, do they do so silently to their commrades?

Agree with OP.

Only problem is that it's probably impossible to do? Limiting which software users could run could be worked around by players.

Unless there's some way to make it that every time someone uses their microphone, it also makes them auto speak in the game.

Not sure that would work either, but would love if people had to communicate in game only.

This thread is either 10/10 trolls or just full of fail.

This is never going to happen, sorry, get over it.

• Like 1

Welcome to online gaming.

Ill sell you a ventrilo server and maybe when you meet some friends you should try it.

Idiots, naysayers, unimaginative silent bandits.

The majority will take you down - i will continue to make your lives miseries until this is made a reality, I can still see you, hear your footsteps. I will kill you, loot your body, and combat log. Then I will server hop and kill your friends.

I will not stop doing this until you stop the telepathy.

how would the game know if someones using their phone?

The only way to ensure no outside voip comms is to have a Lan party in a rented office building, separate people from each other in different rooms.  monitor their pcs for voip from there, and make them check their phones in at the door. 

Edited by UnarmedCiv

The easiest way of achieving this would be to built a forced voice-activated VoIP system. People could still use teamspeak, of course they should mute each other ingame to avoid echoing, but players around them can still hear them talking.

But seriously we need a better VoIP system, especially dynamic range, before this can be done. I dont like the fact that some 100m away can hear me even if I talk quietly.

Edit: OK, on second thought, due to different sensitivies/recording levels of differents microphones, this could prove to be more difficult than I initially thought....

Edit2: Is it possible to set the microphone level independently for different applications? This would of course ruin the whole thing...

Edited by Sleezy

Cmon..................

Are you seriously suggesting BI should have more rights then the admin account on my PC?
They should be allowed to block software, such as skype and TS?
Are you right in your mind? Thats called invasion of privacy and it will NEVER happen.

The only one who has this kind of power is the NSA, apperantly, NO gaming company will ever be allowed to do this lol.

I can understand the meaning of this, but we have to be realistic here, we cannot allow games to overwrite admin accounts on our computers.
Honestly, im abit scared people would even suggest such a thing...

• Like 1

I will go out on a limb and guess that OP is a teenager, lashing out and declaring he's going to spoil everyones fun because people tell him his ridiculous idea would never work.

Cmon..................

Are you seriously suggesting BI should have more rights then the admin account on my PC?

They should be allowed to block software, such as skype and TS?

Are you right in your mind? Thats called invasion of privacy and it will NEVER happen.

The only one who has this kind of power is the NSA, apperantly, NO gaming company will ever be allowed to do this lol.

I can understand the meaning of this, but we have to be realistic here, we cannot allow games to overwrite admin accounts on our computers.

Honestly, im abit scared people would even suggest such a thing...

You like most others on this thread are being intentionally thick, just to hold onto your advantage of in game telepathy.

It's pretty simple - Dayz will not activate if any VOIP is running - no admin rights, no 'invasion of privacy' (fuck, what you must be on to equate this to invasion of privacy - what a chump) and no need for PC scans.. DayZ will simply not run if there are other certain programs running.

Simples, even if you are being intentionally thick.

Dude you can’t suggest something then act like a kid if someone says it sucks... I suggested something and the 4th comment was "it’s an awful idea"... So what?

That dude who said you had no friends is a dick, but you need to learn... opinions are like assholes everyone’s got one and everyone thinks everyone else’s stinks... but that also doesn’t mean you rip on them, hence why the guy who said you had no friends is a dick, opinions are not fact thus cannot be right or wrong.

Edited by Jimbo_au

You like most others on this thread are being intentionally thick, just to hold onto your advantage of in game telepathy.

It's pretty simple - Dayz will not activate if any VOIP is running - no admin rights, no 'invasion of privacy' (fuck, what you must be on to equate this to invasion of privacy - what a chump) and no need for PC scans.. DayZ will simply not run if there are other certain programs running.

Simples, even if you are being intentionally thick.

Again, why should a game have more control over my PC then i have?

Nope not gonna happen lol.

Trust me, if this was ever implemented, people would run away from this game so fast, it would never hit Beta stage....