1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

Technicolor?

Bro, I was talking about stuff like this:

wmCh39Q.jpg

Is it just me or does that lady have a tache?

Is it just me or does that lady have a tache?

She's Tach-tical

I don't think Sanity would be fair for bandits.

I'm not trying to end KOS.  By all means I love PVPing.  I just would like to have some people I don't necessarily NEED to kill.

Trying to assign negative Sanity to players that like to KOS would be a definite disadvantage.

The Armband System, that you can REMOVE if you don't like it, solves the issue.  No negative stat penalty for anyone.  You can have an identifier on you if YOU want it.

Then, and only then, could you be a hero without being a stupid boring stalker, or bullet / axe sponge.

I say too bad.  If you're the person that just likes to KoS at elektro you should just find some other game to play.  There's more to DayZ than just killing players at first glance and there is better games that have that run and gun mindset - it's mindless.  Bandits on the other hand wouldn't be affected as much unless you murdered your victims.  Armbands make no sense, KoS'ers are ever going to use them intentionally.  Sanity would rule all.  It would mean that douche bags that camp airfields killing peeps on "No KoS" servers, would eventually have a bigger disadvantage than someone that was positively "Sane".  Awesome.  :lol:  :thumbsup: 

On the other hand:

No one will truly feel the hurt of losing their characters until elements like crafting skills and effective item degradation are implemented.

I say too bad.  If you're the person that just likes to KoS at elektro you should just find some other game to play.  There's more to DayZ than just killing players at first glance and there is better games that have that run and gun mindset - it's mindless.  Bandits on the other hand wouldn't be affected as much unless you murdered your victims.  Armbands make no sense, KoS'ers are ever going to use them intentionally.  Sanity would rule all.  It would mean that douche bags that camp airfields killing peeps on "No KoS" servers, would eventually have a bigger disadvantage than someone that was positively "Sane".  Awesome.  :lol:  :thumbsup: 

On the other hand:

No one will truly feel the hurt of losing their characters until elements like crafting skills and effective item degradation are implemented.

I'm not for "limiting" a certain person's desired play style.  If someone wants to KOS, so be it.  The armband system doesn't limit KOS.

There will be PVE servers where you can PVE all day long if you want.  You don't need to be in a server that's PVP oriented.

I just want to see a Private Server Humanity System that we can use, that is not easily exploitable.  I want a server where there's PVP, but it's not 90%+ KOS.

Want Vanilla KOS, go play on a Vanilla server.

Want PVE, go play on a PVE server.

Want Hero VS Bandit, go play on a Humanity Server.

I just don't want any more of the "half assed" mod humanity systems that never worked.  If you're going to something, do it right the first time, and be done with it.  This should be something that the devs code in for use in "private servers only".

no

if this comment gets 76 likes compared to the main post, then obviously we don't NEED a way to see this... would take all the fun out of the game. I love the random un-guessable actions stangers. If you dont like that then get off this game and play Fallout or Minecraft or even a hobbit in the North woods of Dayz.... 

• Like 1

Ill have to cast my vote for no identification. As much as Id like that easier system to identify the KoS types it still takes away from the game overall. Now what I REALLY hope they put in is a way to identify friendlies or clanmates etc. Its a real pain when you can't even see someones name when you're 10 feet from them and most of the character models look similar.

Its good idea but i think if you want to make this game so real its usless because like other guys wrote, there wont be such things in RL. For me maybe the only thing to stop or make less bandits is to make servers like in MOD if u play for example on server called "first noob order" and there you got your char, and if u go to another server there you got some other (new) char. And when you come back to "first noob order" there is your last saved char. So for every server there is bind one char who is saved and only thing you can add is to make beard grow and it spreads of how long you live. :D

Currently the Payday masks and gas masks are unofficial bandit masks, Expect to be shot on sight if you're wearing one (although, you could just as easily be KoS while wearing nothing at all), but as a rule of thumb, people in masks cannot be trusted.

Hmm i am not full army build with KoS and masks, helmets but also i had some bad exp with other people almoste cost me a life, so from now on i shoot on sight everyone who has "final build" (more "army" you look, more chance to kill you) 

and also wearing that gas mask dont eaven help you and you look silly

Edited by HrkiGV

They are easy to pick out we don't need arm bands.  This is how i do it.

Hero:  When you approach them they put there hands up.  This make it easier for you to kill them and take their gear. They are also known as Bambi's.

Bandits:  They start shooting when they see you. They are also known as Survivors 

• Like 2

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.  

No. Please No.

Lets just say there was an option to make your character easily identified as a bandit or or hero

I wonder if how many would actually take up that option ?

most peeps here on the forum seem to be against it, but the players here are but a tiny part of peeps who play this game

after all this discussion it  would be very interesting to see how many would play this option, "if only now and then", and what would be the end result game play wise ?

I've been thinking. How is immediately knowing how an encounter is likely to go going to encourage interaction?

Bandit-Band? Shoot (This is essentially KOS)

No-Band? Probably a bandit, Shoot (Still KOS)

Hero Band? Probably going to shoot me because of all the no-bands I killed and/or just a bandit in disguise, Shoot (Still KOS)

Hero Band meets a hero Band? Awkwardly try to help each other despite both of us obviously being well geared enough to help others?

Also, heroes and bandits aren't two groups in direct opposition with one another, as your idea portrays. They're merely two styles of play that the games mechanics allow. 

As for a "For private servers" thing, fuck that. The devs have no obligation to make tools for you to use on your private server. Get off your ass and code it yourself when modding is available.

I like how all the idiots saying "HERPADERP go play CoD" then proceed to come up with idiotic ideas like this one that try to change the game into team vs team like CoD. This will never happen. Nor will anything like it. If you want a game that is one team vs the other than you yourself need to .... go play CoD.

I've been thinking.

You could have stopped there. That's all you need to realize this idea is a pile of dogshit.

• Like 1

No. That would defy any logic to be dressed a certain way just because we killed or didn't killed other players.

This game is about realism and having something that pops up on my face just because I spilled some iron isn't.

And this: 

At a bare minimum this should be an easily implemented mod for future private servers.  We're paying for it, it should be our choice.

Come on. Typical annoying customer at the restaurant/wallmart here.

You are renting a server, probably not even hosted by the dev team but some third party webhoster.

And because you pay doesn't mean you can have anything more than just what you're given to.

Since this is the silly thread, where everyone can give dumb suggestions.

How about we all stick together, kill all the zombies and establish a new society.  :D

PS: Please, let this thread die!  <_<

Edited by TiKilla

I like not being able 2 know who I'm talking or looking at! Makes me feel the tension in my room  :)

"Hey! I just got shot on sight wearing my friendly clown mask" said no one ever in Dayz.  I wear a clown mask and fully expect to get shot on sight, I don't expect any quarter so please don't expect me to give any.  I don't know how many times we can say, only 2 types of people wear payday masks in DayZ, Bandits & idiots.  The lore is well established in the game, bandits wear masks, heroes wear plaid..... or not as may be the case, it's a bit like wearing a voluntary arm band.  there are a huge amount of people that kill clowns on sight, by wearing one you are asking to be killed, you are saying I am a bandit  -DONT WEAR A MASK!

Dear god someone please deep 6 this thread lol xD

• Like 2

Why is this even a discussion? Rocket stated numerous times that he will not implement something like this.

• Like 1

People feeling insecure about the validity of their dumb fuck bandit COD playstyle?

Mad because you can't use your own powers of deduction to figure out a players intent? sounds like you and everyone that wants this system are just bad at the game.

• Like 2

Mad because you can't use your own powers of deduction to figure out a players intent? sounds like you and everyone that wants this system are just bad at the game.

Hahaha, nope.