1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

There's an inbetween. it's not fair to brand someone as something, as some people are neither heroes nor bandits, but may be closer to a bandit than a hero. They're then classed as a bandit that'll be KoS'd. It'd introduce more KoS and it'd be awful.

If you're wearing a clown mask, you're a bandit and I will attempt to KoS without question or contact.

If you're not wearing a mask, I will watch you if I can to assess what you are doing and make my own determination.

If we meet abruptly, I will attempt to detain you (unless you have a clown mask, then you are dead). If the attempt to detain doesn't work.. I will shoot you.

No need for tags or indicators :P

Edited by BLFonsworth
  • Like 4

I want to keep guessing, if the guy I meet is going to shoot me or not. If the bullets start to fly, you know what's what. Any kind of info that you can't get by talking or looking other's behavior dilutes the experience. I regard everyone I meet as a possible KoS guy and I'm friendly only when they have their gun pointing on the ground while I have my gun pointed at them...

• Like 2

if you see guy he putting gun away waving saline bag or vitamins saying 'hey man want some assist?' is probably hero ;)

see some guy running towards you firing m4 full automatic at your face? is probably bandit :ph34r:

you seeing see difference? :huh:

And what if he don't spot me? I'm not gonna risk revealing myself and being shot in face. I'm gonna KoS becouse it's safer to assume that person you see is a 'bandit', when there is no humanity system or skins.

• Like 1

And what if he don't spot me? I'm not gonna risk revealing myself and being shot in face. I'm gonna KoS becouse it's safer to assume that person you see is a 'bandit', when there is no humanity system or skins.

exactly this my brother from other mother :)

is why shoot first asking no questions later is #1 best policy for survive in dayz :thumbsup:  ;)

exactly this my brother from other mother :)

is why shoot first asking no questions later is #1 best policy for survive in dayz :thumbsup:  ;)

I think it would be better for DayZ if you could actually interact with randoms thanks to humanity system/skins and know who did KoS and who don't.

It would be better for gameplay in my opinion.

I actually would like that! Special skins would be great, especially since the Bandit and Hero skin both looked sweet (In the mod)! Although I did like the bandit one better. :3

I think they just need to add clothing that would appeal more to the bandits among us, and other clothing items that would appeal more to the heroes among us. 

Black face rags for the bandits for example. Not that they should be forced to wear them, but they might be inclined to think 'this makes me look like a bad ass bandit'. A hero would likely think 'I won't wear this cause it makes me look like a bandit'. 

You catch my drift. Nothing should be forced, I think a system would simply arise just through having bandit/hero styled clothes.

• Like 7

I agree, every KOS I have met is rocking the gasmask and ballistic helmet.  I use my radar cap just for that reason alone!

love it

In real life you also don't respawn or can do infinite run. Don't do real life argument in video game. Video game has gameplay.

And for gameplay there is a need for a way to distinguish bandits.

Good post man!

Yep, arguing realism doesn't work.  If this was real, you wouldn't have to eat every 3 minutes to survive, or die from not eating for 1 hour.  Loot wouldn't respawn magically at a certain time.  The cities like Cherno and Electro would be hellholes full of millions of zombies you wouldn't even go near.  Not everyone is trained on weapons, and those that weren't "should" have bad accuracy.

This game is not real, while they want to strive for realistic gameplay, some things need to happen to facilitate gameplay (respawning loot, everyone having equal accuracy while shooting, etc).

You can make the humanity system relatively unexploitable by issuing different points for kills:

Kill a hero = -1000 humanity

Kill a civ = -500 humanity

Kill a bandit = +250 humanity

* No humanity gain or loss from any other actions.  No healing points, zombie killing points, etc, etc.  Just strictly based on player kills.  You'd have to kill 4 bandits for every hero killed if you wanted to stay positive.

* Maybe add a double penalty for killing 2 heros or civs in a row.  That would definitely fix people farming humanity, just so they could KOS later.

Right now approaching another player is the easiest way to force the KOS issue.  Of every player I've ever approached, 90% of them have tried to kill me if they at least had a melee weapon.  So if you want to be a bullet / axe sponge, keep doing that.  I'd rather have a way to IDENTIFY that someone is a hero, so I don't necessarily have to shoot them.

I want to play as a Hero without playing a Hero Bullet / Axe sponge.

If we had some way to identify Heros, Civs, and Bandits, you could stop raging at the crap tons of KOS topics because 75% of them would stop overnight.

Otherwise you can keep saying NO NO NO NO NO to every possible solution and put up with a million more KOS topics in the forums.  Your choice.......lol

• Like 6

Defeats the purpose of the game. If you are with friends you should be smart enough to wear identifiable items and or communicate your position. This is a simulator, that being said you cant tell who is good or bad just by looking at them.

Someone bury this thread please.

• Like 5

I really LOVE that Rocket's videos all have a bunch of friendly players that he meets in a private locked server.....lol  

ORLY? You've not seen the one where Rocket gets ambushed during a live feed then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLnVNYmp8bk

EDIT: Also, the suggestion? No. It's been suggested many times and the answer from most is always no. Firstly, it's near impossible to write code that would understand the context of any given scenario and act accordingly. Secondly, DayZ is all about the anonymity and not knowing if that person you've just seen is a friendly or a bandit. Thirdly, skinning a bandit would just result in regular players KoSing bandits. Whilst this is probably a fun thing to do, the upshot is that every server will turn into a deathmatch.

Just, no.

Edited by Monkfish
  • Like 2

I think it would be better for DayZ if you could actually interact with randoms thanks to humanity system/skins and know who did KoS and who don't.

It would be better for gameplay in my opinion.

you can do interaction now ;)

no humanity system is need

all is need is make sure you have power position and you read actions and words and don't give the trust before they earn the trust

interaction is gamble, hero skin don't change this, is opposite :D

I used to swap account with my friend in the mod he was do good medic guy enjoy to make my -45000 humanity bandit to hero :huh:

I was bastard killer who love to put 30000 humanity hero skin guy in elektro for abusing trusts :ph34r:

if you put any mechanic guys will find way to exploit :|

I never cheat but for sure some guys will spend Saturday morning doing saline injection repeat 100 times if reward is trust because trust is weakness and if you getting from guys this you have extra power

is sad thing but true thing

my advice rely on instinct and keep gun raise on his face until you feel 'hmm, this guy he no bandit' ^_^

I think they just need to add clothing that would appeal more to the bandits among us, and other clothing items that would appeal more to the heroes among us. 

Black face rags for the bandits for example. Not that they should be forced to wear them, but they might be inclined to think 'this makes me look like a bad ass bandit'. A hero would likely think 'I won't wear this cause it makes me look like a bandit'. 

You catch my drift. Nothing should be forced, I think a system would simply arise just through having bandit/hero styled clothes.

I wear a yellow and brown checkered bandana on my head so my friends can easily identify me, also those colors are rare. It works already. But I agree having more variety of clothing would make identifying the people you are grouped with easier and more realistic

I just thought of a way to identify a bandit/hero. Stalk them, wait for them to encounter another player. Observe the results and formulate judgement based upon that. 

Perhaps it is just a case of people being too hasty and impatient when approaching players?

Edited by DoctorBadSign

*Gasp* Did I just see KoS suggesting to not KOS unless you feel that there trust worthy? ^-^ Well, that's a first xD Anyhoot, KoS you make a damn well good argument...everytime >.>

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

Don't use the video game argument in a simulation game.

But it's DayzGAME.com...Not DayZSim.com.

It's a game at the end of the day no matter what you call it. Unless it's "Hold W Simulator" it's not really simulating anything seeing as none of the effects carry over.

If you play "Take on Helicopters" for a week, you aren't going to know how to fly a helicopter..

And for a more on topic segment; they need to add more physical appearance options. In real life there aren't only three types of men and women in the world wearing different clothes.

• Like 4

But they all have a flag and sign on them now. Everyone is a bandit by default. This is endless KoS cirlce.

Not true, people are what they choose.

So you can be the first to break this circle and stop killing everything on sight :)

If you take 5 mins to observe somebody from afar, you can quickly get an idea of they're intentions.

But just like real life, NOBODY should be forced to a certain look or "sign" based on they're actions, it would remove the tension in player interactions, because then you would know the intention before you even speak to someone.

90% of the fun in DayZ is running into another player and not knowing what to expect.

People KOS because they are scared and its easier then trying to interact with another player, its simple as that.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

Defeats the purpose of the game. If you are with friends you should be smart enough to wear identifiable items and or communicate your position. This is a simulator, that being said you cant tell who is good or bad just by looking at them.

Someone bury this thread please.

You also can't fix a broken leg with morphine.  Great job arguing for 100% pure realism.  Some things need to be changed to facilitate gameplay.

You can bury this thread, but keep raging against the 1 million KOS posts / threads, that seems to be working good right?  Congrats!

• Like 2

I just thought of a way to identify a bandit/hero. Stalk them, wait for them to encounter another player. Observe the results and formulate judgement based upon that. 

Perhaps it is just a case of people being too hasty and impatient when approaching players?

Not true, people are what they choose.

So you can be the first to break this circle and stop killing everything on sight :)

If you take 5 mins to observe somebody from afar, you can quickly get an idea of they're intentions.

But just like real life, NOBODY should be forced to a certain look or "sign" based on they're actions, it would remove the tension in player interactions, because then you would know the intention before you even speak to someone.

90% of the fun in DayZ is running into another player and not knowing what to expect.

People KOS because they are scared and its easier then trying to interact with another player, its simple as that.

I'm not gonna risk that someone who was bandit in previous life and now is respawned in shirt and jeans, to leave Kamyshovo alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8oBWDKvRnc

• Like 1

We don't NEED a hero/bandit system.

People NEED to learn how to read people "body" language.

You know a player is up to no good just by the way he acts.

Should stay that way.

• Like 9

You also can't fix a broken leg with morphine.  Great job arguing for 100% pure realism.  Some things need to be changed to facilitate gameplay.

You can bury this thread, but keep raging against the 1 million KOS posts / threads, that seems to be working good right?  Congrats!

Can we also get a 50-50 chance of killing someone while giving them any injection - Blood, saline, morphine or otherwise? Or are we all ex-medical students who know how to insert lines without air bubbles?

you can do interaction now ;)

no humanity system is need

all is need is make sure you have power position and you read actions and words and don't give the trust before they earn the trust

interaction is gamble, hero skin don't change this, is opposite :D

I used to swap account with my friend in the mod he was do good medic guy enjoy to make my -45000 humanity bandit to hero :huh:

I was bastard killer who love to put 30000 humanity hero skin guy in elektro for abusing trusts :ph34r:

if you put any mechanic guys will find way to exploit :|

I never cheat but for sure some guys will spend Saturday morning doing saline injection repeat 100 times if reward is trust because trust is weakness and if you getting from guys this you have extra power

is sad thing but true thing

my advice rely on instinct and keep gun raise on his face until you feel 'hmm, this guy he no bandit' ^_^

Why did you do it?  Couldn't get enough kills with the bandit skin?  The last thing to worry about is somebody doing what you did.

• Like 2

I'm not gonna risk that someone who was bandit in previous life and now is respawned in shirt and jeans, to leave Kamyshovo alive.

Well thats your choice, thats the beauty about this game, you can do what ever you want :)

But forcing a certain look on some people based on they're actions, makes it to arcadish tbh. People should be able to look and act exactly as it pleases them.

So if you choose to kill a new spawned guy, so be it, but you should not be forced to anything because of it.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 3

If they forced bandits and heros to wear a certain skin what would be the point in having clothing items in the game?

If they didn't remove them to enforce this proposed skin system then you'd just be able to disguise yourself. 

The only reason the skin system worked in the mod is cause you couldn't customize your clothing. 

I seriously doubt they will just remove the ability to do so after putting a lot of work into implementing it. 

I guess what I am getting at is, discussing/suggesting that they implement forced bandit/hero skins is pointless cause it won't happen given the direction that the game has already taken.

• Like 1