Adam (DayZ)

DayZ Update 1.4.11

i wish that the dev team would fix the spawns so that people could at least spawn and have some fun for a little bit. its kinda ridiculous sitting in a lobby waiting to spawn for 30 mins and then the server crashes.

+500 morality every 15 minutes is caving into the grievers....errr sorry PvPers.

Might as well just have health automatically respawn over time. +500 health every minute.

What was wrong with only giving morality increases for good deeds? Blood transfusions, bandages etc. ?

If you are a good player you will seek to do good deeds to clear your good name. Not just camp in the woods.

There is no point in even having a bandit skin. Run into the woods doing a little hunting of animals, come back and grief some more....err....PvP some more.

Hey guys, my friend just had a suggestion that might be more convenient for those of us fiending for some play time: use one server for update testing and roll the others back to 1.3.3. I don't know if that's possible but I thought it was a good idea.

Is VOIP Fixed ? I'm still not certain it works ....

having issues connecting.

it says "waiting for server response"

been waiting a while...

Does it say it in-game in red text? that means the servers restarting, if it doesn't go after 20 secs you might as well disconnect.

How does that work? You loose more than 1400 for a kill. You change to a bandit when you get below 0' date=' but dont change back to a survivor till you are above 1000.

[/quote']

These specs aren't reflected in the change log then.

I still think that regen is quite high. Travelling between towns is more or less entirely safe from zombie attacks, and it can take upwards of 10 minutes. Any bandit who knows what he's doing can regen to normal easily.

But if you insist on this regen rate, then I think transfusions are very out of proportion reward-wise.

There are a lot of flaws with this rep system to begin with though. Like, for groups of bandits. They can just heal eachother and regain humanity points.

I liked how there was no arbitrary structure or statistics to determine who was a bad or good guy. It was a lot more realistic to have that line blurred. Not to mention a person looking different just because he's murdered x amount of people in x amount of time has no base in reality.

But I understand the reasoning of course, it's a balance issue and this is attempting to make it easier for innocents to avoid approaching bandits. I don't think this slight balance adjustment is worth all the nonsense with the rep system, though.

Just my 2 cents.

FOLKS - the Change log had a typo.

-2000 humanity for killing a human.

1 human will take an hour to recover from. But if that human is a bandit, it is much less.

This patch screwed up my character stuff I think :( I have sent you a mail about that ..

Also me and others are stuck on the 'loading character data from server' - screen.

Overall servers uptime : 20 minutes ( especially the NY ones, they're just crashing and crashing and crashing )

Overall stuck screens : loading character data, waiting for server response

Watching constant complaints in chat of US3 of people saying they're stuck at character data, spawning as crows, etc.

I spawn as a crow on US servers, get stuck at character data on FR servers, spawn out of the map on RU server.

I think than there is a problem :)

+500 morality every 15 minutes is caving into the grievers....errr sorry PvPers.

Might as well just have health automatically respawn over time. +500 health every minute.

What was wrong with only giving morality increases for good deeds? Blood transfusions' date=' bandages etc. ?

If you are a good player you will seek to do good deeds to clear your good name. Not just camp in the woods.

There is no point in even having a bandit skin. Run into the woods doing a little hunting of animals, come back and grief some more....err....PvP some more.

[/quote']

+1

Perhaps a tiny regain after 2h if u haven't murdered anyone. Any other plus u have to earn with good deeds indeed.

Is VOIP Fixed ? I'm still not certain it works ....

I dont think it is. Side etc are working (even though they should be blocked) but DC is not working' date=' or working poorly. I tried couple of US servers.

[hr']

Watching constant complaints in chat of US3 of people saying they're stuck at character data' date=' spawning as crows, etc.

[/quote']

It seems to happen on many servers, some ppl just get in directly or after short wait and others wait wait and wait and then quit.

But when u get in its golden :D

Now that all the servers are mostly full myself and some friends are unable to get past the Loading char screen....

Had no problems getting in most of the day thou.

Hey guys' date=' my friend just had a suggestion that might be more convenient for those of us fiending for some play time: use one server for update testing and roll the others back to 1.3.3. I don't know if that's possible but I thought it was a good idea.

[/quote']

Hey dude, totally unrelated but one time I was with my group and we found a goat so I shot it, as it died 'The Goatsenator has died' popped up in chat xD I was laughing my ass off

Hey dude' date=' totally unrelated but one time I was with my group and we found a goat so I shot it, as it died 'The Goatsenator has died' popped up in chat xD I was laughing my ass off

[/quote']

LMAO that's awesome. Must have been a while ago though because my friend and I have managed to survive for a few days straight now.

lot of people having issues getting character info from the server, it is taking ages. I assume this is because the main database is getting smashed constantly?

Consistently getting stuck on "Requesting Character Data" and simultaneously getting the missing mod "CBA_MAIN" warning.

Haven't been able to test on local <100ms ping servers because there's only one AUS server now and its frequently down. [if ping has anything to do with loading hangs...]

EDIT: Got a quick test on AUS 1 before it crashed and logged in first attempt, then retried US and hung on character data but noticed everyone was including the local pings. Probably a red herring.

Direct Comms needs to be fixed. On every server I've been the majority have had the Side channel as the only means of communication. Only about 5 people didn't have this issue. So 45 people all trying to talk is quite the sight.