BennyDawg

10 Man Squad getting Ghosted On?...

Then the mod comes and you act like the ass kisser, and totally smug about it. And stating false shit, I don't support any bugs. Nor said that.

My post was ninja'd by the mod, that's why I told him he could delete it if he sees it necessary. What I mean by ninja'd, is the fact that, we both sent our posts at the same time.

I would like to explain why I thought you supported the use of a bug. If I was incorrect in thinking that you supported this then I apologize, just let me know and we will drop this.

When you posted these two quotes next to each other, my thought was that you were trying to justify the fact that they had ghosted by saying that the enemy had a larger force.

BennyDawg, on 14 Jan 2014 - 2:50 PM, said:snapback.png

Ghosting because it isn't really that fair

BennyDawg, on 14 Jan 2014 - 2:50 PM, said:snapback.png

10 Man Squad
Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

This whole conversation is sensational, there are so many good comments I can't keep up with quoting everyone

• Like 1

Not judging play style.

Fully aware of the Combat Logging/Ghosting situation.

My opinion and point is...

As much fun it can be to roll around with a nice big group of friends, all rocking out on Teamspeak. A group of 10 people is pretty sloppy. I noticed its easier to manage and communicate with other people than try to figure out which and who is where when there is a lot of stuff going on. Setting up a checkstop and taking shoes seems like a hostile situation to me. I'd honestly try to shoot everyone there just for the hell of it.

• Like 1

As much fun it can be to roll around with a nice big group of friends, all rocking out on Teamspeak. A group of 10 people is pretty sloppy. I noticed its easier to manage and communicate with other people than try to figure out which and who is where when there is a lot of stuff going on. Setting up a checkstop and taking shoes seems like a hostile situation to me. I'd honestly try to shoot everyone there just for the hell of it.

I couldn't agree more. It is EXTREMELY difficult to roll with 10+ people mainly because of the coordination and microphone discipline required to stay combat effective (Unless you are KoS).

Just some advice to anyone in a team of more than 5. Remove all head gear,  and face gear, when at NWA or another northern location. It becomes much easier to identify a target when everyone on your team is not wearing head gear.

Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

If you all feel the need to group up and win an argument yourselves started, and then bring friends to back up your self proclaimed stupidity. I want no part of this borderline bullying shit.

Well you did start it

Well you probably have friends go grab em then

Well you did deserve to get flamed for being dumb

Well maybe if your "friends" bought the game then you'd know how fun it is to play with lots of people

• Like 1

Well you did deserve to get flamed for being dumb

Last thing we need on this post is another person calling people dumb. All other points are bean worthy imo.

Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

Guys stop feeding Zeet pls. and yes that was an insult. So back to topic, ghosting or combat logging of any kind is dumb and pointless. Dumb because you'll never know what the end result could've been, meaning you'll never know how really pro you are. Pointless because what's the point of having a gun in the first place if your never really going to enter a combat situation? 

Not only are bigger groups harder to be tactical with but they also will get spotted a lot easier. Perfect size for any group imo is 3, one sniper two ground guys. Though like they say the more the merrier so it's really about if your trying to have fun or be tactical.

More pointless aggravation.

Oh, i LOOOOVE the fact that you decided not to address my claim and passed my words off as 'just some more pointless aggravation'

bahahahahaahahahaahahaha

Don't get all worked up just because you don't like the way a particular type of people play.

You call people that run in packs and kill on sight 'pathetic'.

YOUR the pathetic one for even being bothered  by people because they choose to play a certain way. Get a life.

How's that? Was that aggravating enough for you?

• Like 1

Hello there

Zeet is on holiday for a week.

There's no problem arguing and even being angry, but we need to stop with the personal insults.

That goes for everyone.

Right im gonna clean some  of the mess in this thread up. leaving "posts" for future note.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 7

I said "think", didn't say you said anything.

Yuh need tu get ur head straight man hurrdurr erm er reterd.

I can be an uneducated retarded redneck that makes points that have no meaning too.

FYI and for historical records, this is what got Zeet into trouble in this thread.

No personal insults.

Calling folk "retard","gay" etc etc even if it is "cool","harmless" to one's peer group, it simply is not tolerated here.

L

• Like 4

The thread escalated quickly... not sure if its worth writing something actually related to the topic here, but I'll give it a try.

I think the idea of setting up a road block is quite fun. The first critique that most teams only run around ganking might be true, simply because it is hard to control a large group and you will have one or two trigger happy guys in it who might lose their temper pretty quickly and shoot the person in holdup dead. I am usually in a squad of three or four people and even that small number is hard to coordinate.

Lack of coordination is probably the weak spot in every large group, a single attacker could land some hits, and retreat, then strike again. No ghosting needed and would be much more fun.

Edited by Baarn
  • Like 3

So last night me and a big group of people had a checkpoint set up at 3 Valleys so that we could take shoes and give out Sodas/Pops. While we were doing this we were fired upon and myself along with another group member was killed. I know this is part of the game and I am not complaining. After retrieving my equipment, almost all of my friends had been wiped out.. there were 10 of us. We would locate a person, and after taking a shot at him, missing or making contact, they would " Ghost " ( Server Hop ) so that they could bandage up and move to a different building to cheat. After everyone in my squad had been killed, I managed to make my way back to Kam and then cut across the road into the mountains and back up to 3 Valleys. ( These people may have had hacks because they were picking people of 100's of Meters away with M4's ) I made my way back up to 3 Valleys and caught two people off gaurd. Turns out they were the Ghosters, and apparently there were 3 all together. I killed the 2 members I caught off gaurd, and then somehow got Sniped in the courtyard from the mountainside, and if you know the map then you know you can't be hit in that position because there is a house there. 

The point of this was to tell a story that I had fun experiencing, and also to raise awareness for Ghosting because it isn't really that fair, Thanks 

You make it sound like shooting someone with a M4 from over 100 meters away is hard. In the Army we zero our M4s at 300m. The Marines zero at 500m.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more. It is EXTREMELY difficult to roll with 10+ people mainly because of the coordination and microphone discipline required to stay combat effective (Unless you are KoS).

Just some advice to anyone in a team of more than 5. Remove all head gear,  and face gear, when at NWA or another northern location. It becomes much easier to identify a target when everyone on your team is not wearing head gear.

First of all it was only 7 and I clarified that in the previous post.

The point was to troll.It's not like we were doing anything extremely tactical. If anything we did pretty well yo have 7 PEOPLE...There are limited things to do right now and it's pretty boring after your geared up..So why the hell not?? The point was to use our imagination and extend the playstyles while waiting for updates. Once again this was just us all having fun and trolling people. You should of heard the victims...They were amused of what was going on. If anything we made the game more enjoyable for them as well :P

• Like 1

You make it sound like shooting someone with a M4 from over 100 meters away is hard. In the Army we zero our M4s at 300m. The Marines zero at 500m.

500 meters is just BOOT :P

• Like 1

Have you shot the M4s in this game? If you have then you wouldn't be comparing it to real life situations...

• Like 2

Have you shot the M4s in this game? If you have then you wouldn't be comparing it to real life situations...

The m4s aren't thaaaaat bad I mean the longest shot I gt was about 150m but even then the m4 shot pretty true, I was in a crouched position

But seeing that people in this game that are about 300m away are tiny let alone 500m. That's a ridiculous assumption to make.

Actually I had an atlas bipod and I was shooting from the hills of zelenogorsk at the zombies from around 400m away pretty accurately so maybe these people weren't hackers. They were well geared up ghoster with a good aim

The thread escalated quickly... not sure if its worth writing something actually related to the topic here, but I'll give it a try.

I think the idea of setting up a road block is quite fun. The first critique that most teams only run around ganking might be true, simply because it is hard to control a large group and you will have one or two trigger happy guys in it who might lose their temper pretty quickly and shoot the person in holdup dead. I am usually in a squad of three or four people and even that small number is hard to coordinate.

Lack of coordination is probably the weak spot in every large group, a single attacker could land some hits, and retreat, then strike again. No ghosting needed and would be much more fun.

I totally agree, if that would happen and no ghosting involved, it would be worth losing a character

500 meters is just BOOT :P

Hehe, 500m on a carbine is quite silly indeed. In my service days it was 200m on a carbine and 300m on a full length barrel. anything below that doesn't require you to zero down since the bullet out of an M16 is 10cm above point of aim at 100m, and 14cm at 200m. Now considering you aim centre target that bit higher or lower is gonna hurt the target just the same. Got the M4 in dayz set to 200 at all times and it works beautifully :thumbsup: :D  GJ DevZ

I payed the $30 just like everyone else, and I can play the game however I want. Also since it's in Alpha there is not a whole lot to do. If I feel like slaughtering groups of cowardly noobs who have nothing better to do, I will do so because Its my choice and morally rewarding.

Are you admitting to ghosting? If so, how dare you call anybody a coward or noob. Like it is hard to hide from a large group, it is also not hard to spot that many people coming from a distance. Ghosting should be a perm ban offense tbh.

• Like 1