gamerer

"Friendlies" are just a bunch of lamers

There is not a single reason not to be KOS. The majority of the people you meet will KOS. If they miss you, they are bad and deserve to be killed by the likes of you. If they don't miss you, you'll be the one to make a new character.

Prove me wrong.

The thing is, I'd be so bored just KOSing everyone on sight. It's much more skillful to make friends, control the situation and the outcome as opposed to just killing people. Anyone can find another person and gun them down. The end game of this game, as far as I'm concerned, is building an army/group and establishing a network of friends. Now, when I play, I always have the company of 2-6 players, which will come in handy when they release group activity oriented stuff like vehicles/building etc.

• Like 2

That isn't killing on sight, you made contact and he refused to comply. Your actions were justified.

I'm thinking the same. Like I said, my group was ambushed that way a few days ago because we try to run after each person to help them, I had a guy axe another group member previously because we were trying to handcuff him for his and our safety whilst receiving sniper fire; he died by acting out like that.

I did KOS in Elektro later however, I've sketched up a map with certain "Red-Zones" (KOS Zones) for survival as there are some towns and bases now which only bring death.

Sure, constant KOS is crazy and I don't agree with that; but we all need a bit of KOS in certain towns such as Elektro just to survive because it's either us or them.

Edited by ColinM9991

The game dynamics will change then you will be the lamer.

• Like 1

It's much more skillful to make friends, control the situation and the outcome as opposed to just killing people.

Skill in DayZ, lol

Right now of course it gives you an advantage just to kill people,at least gameplay-wise,because everything they have can be looted,and they don't pose a threat anymore. But it is more fun to interact with people.

Once more features are put in the kos mentality will change for sure.

• Like 1

If I see a player who doesn't see me, 90% of the time I say something to them.  Most of that time they are cool, because they know I could have killed them by seeing them first, but chose not to.

If all I wanted was to play PvP, I'd go play Infestation Survivor Stories :P

Or wasteland for ArmA. Or a dayZ PvP server. Or another game entirely.

• Like 4

There is not a single reason not to be KOS. The majority of the people you meet will KOS. If they miss you, they are bad and deserve to be killed by the likes of you. If they don't miss you, you'll be the one to make a new character.

Prove me wrong.

I don't need to, because no-one gives a shit what you think.

And "KoSers" are just a bunch of boring people with no creativity :P

No, really. For people playing this game just to "win", I agree there is no reason not to KoS. Thankfully there is more to DayZ than that. Although it's rare, it does happen, and it's those moments that make me want to play more, not my "k/d ratio" or something.

• Like 3

I get much more friendly or at least neutral player interaction in the SA compared to the mod.

• Like 1

The only valid point at all Sinful really has is the old DayZ answer and something that will be worked out as the game progresses and that is the reward and demerits for specific behaviors.

I'm hoping as game development progresses one thing that will come up is a lot more unique clothing, etc and the ability to make your player appear unique. People loves themselves some options to make their player their own, like the masks for example, as they seem to have taken off. 

Perhaps there needs to be a pirate approach to the whole affair. Let's call it the 'BlackBeard' Effect. Sure, you want to be a bandit, but you want the street rep. People should know who just shived them, right?

I'm hoping as game development progresses one thing that will come up is a lot more unique clothing, etc and the ability to make your player appear unique. People loves themselves some options to make their player their own, like the masks for example, as they seem to have taken off.

I hate those masks with a passion. Don't know exactly why, but I'm not inclined to be friendly to someone wearing one of those.

Perhaps there needs to be a pirate approach to the whole affair. Let's call it the 'BlackBeard' Effect. Sure, you want to be a bandit, but you want the street rep. People should know who just shived them, right?

+1. They get the rep and we get some way to target our retribution. This is the current failing ATM. While I applaud Rocket's intent here in anonomysing actions within the game world, it means even if we organised a lynching party we'd be pretty much impotent. Hopefully there is some change coming that will address this.

• Like 1

I wouldn't want to be helped by another player. Gear is already too easy to get. Why ruin my fun by eliminating my need for certain pieces of important equipment.

Meneppäs muualle trollaamaan.

Kirjoitin paskan provon kännissä, en olettanut että selvät ja järkevät ihmiset vaivautuu vastaamaan :z

The OP is not wrong. 

Says the man who enjoys killing fresh spawns in a way that makes sure they will never surrender again.( which makes real bandits lives hard and twists the community to a a straight KOS mindset) I almost wish that you could have specific group logo on the clothing cause i know these guys the heroic society medical division would definately be dumb enough to plaster it across themselves.

KOS id love to on you guys got a few friends every time we log in we hope to find these guys ( hey make it easy what server you guys play on ) i wont need to look hard cause your on the coast like the bitches you are lol (is it cause you guys cant navigate or is it cause you only like to pick on people who cant shoot back (both lame very lame)

But hey thats just IMHO i know you guys think your cool (which historically speaking thinking your cool usually means your lame....

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

We wear distinctive uniforms already.

If we could wear special insignia, we would wear it with honor, and with great pride.

Edited by HCHellCaptain

We wear distinctive uniforms already.

If we could wear special insignia, we would wear it with honor, and with great pride.

Distinctive what you mean the same thing that everyone else wears mil gear and a gas mask ??? please give these guys something distinctive to wear lol .

Id give you beans for your honesty but you werent honest enough to give me that server you play on really come on is it so hard to say where you play i have a little group that would like to do some medical studies on you ( oh the abuse ) i wonder how long it takes us to make you log and go chasing unarmed bambi again .

For just one day id like you to always spawn with your distinctive uniform the death handed out to you guys over and over and over would bring a smile to my face but thats just me oh and everyone i know who plays dayz in real life which only totals 9 people sp not a big deal.....

• Like 1

We all wear press vests as well, that's what makes us look distinctive. 

It is the height of honesty for me not to tell anyone what servers we are on and when. 

You have no business knowing, meta-gaming, etc.

That information is to be kept from wreckers, thugs, etc.

Edited by HCHellCaptain
  • Like 1

We all wear press vests as well, that's what makes us look distinctive. 

It is the height of honesty for me not to tell anyone what servers we are on and when. 

You have no business knowing, meta-gaming, etc.

That information is to be kept from wreckers, thugs, etc.

Ah the vest that anyone can find ( granted very hard) but not distinctive i have run into a few small groups wearing these and they werent you guys.

Ah meta gaming ofcourse fine reason to hide because i know you guys dont use team speak or any 3rd party communication to use a metagaming technique in game that would be blasphemy .

Wreckers and thugs ( oh yes no one would accuse you guys of this) this just made me laugh infact for that alone ill give you beans cause you make me laugh.

Im not knocking your right to play as you are by all means do i merely offered you a chance to find some slightly harder perhaps more interesting foe. But typical of cowards who kill bambi to scared to man up far easier to hide behind bullshite the hight of honesty i nearly spat my coffee out reading that one.

A pack mentality and an example of what indeed may happen in a real apoc but given death means little when you have guys to gaurd ya bodies so you can run back and get it wouldnt it be more exciting to you to fight a group also armed where you have a chance to loose those hard earned ( server jumping most likely ) press vests i have nothing on my character i am afraid to loose.

Im just trying to get you to actually look at yourself  as denial is a big tthing specially in a tight nit group but if it helps ill play the child and just say your chicken bahhhhh bakkaaaaaaaa ( insert arms flapping and stepping like a chicken .)

Oh im happy to tell you the server i play on and times if you wish to come discuss either privately or with the whole hero society (who from now on ill dub the chicken yellow guts society .......

Edit also the reason behind wanting you in something distinctive isnt to make you easy to spot more the fact when i post pictures on here with you guys as trophy kills everyone will know its you and not some randoms i killed....You like posting trophy photos yes so do i but i like my game to be able to shoot back ......

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

Agreed.

Saw an unarmed player in a restaurant in Zelenogorsk just standing behind the counter. Walked in with a can of beans in hand and in my best fake British accent, opened with:

ME: "Hello, I wish to register a complaint. Hello, Miss."

THEM: "What you mean, Miss?" <- without missing a beat!

ME: "I'm sorry. I have a cold."

What followed was a full re-enactment in DayZ of Monty Python's Dead Parrot sketch subtly changed to accommodate the can of beans.

Now I don't know who this guy was, and it doesn't particularly matter. The fact is, this is why I play this game. KoS-kiddies are a dime a dozen, and when they kill you it's no big thing. But this guy created an experience that I'll remember for a good long while.

My god I wish you had a video of this

I know why you hate those masks and why you aren't inclined to be friendly.

1. Those masks are from another game, place, and essentially conceptual universe. It breaks immersion, that's why you hate them as do I. Now if there were a rare beat up hockey mask that would make sense...just saying *cough, cough , hint, hint*

2. Those masks are from characters who are bandits themselves, therefore people who desire to mimic their attire most probably mimic their actions. Therefore it is pretty safe to say you can't trust them. With that said I have met some people who are decent and wear those mask just because they think it's cool and they like the game PayDay.

So there you go, I hope you read this so you know why you think a certain way :) lol

I hate those masks with a passion. Don't know exactly why, but I'm not inclined to be friendly to someone wearing one of those.

Ah the vest that anyone can find ( granted very hard) but not distinctive i have run into a few small groups wearing these and they werent you guys.

Ah meta gaming ofcourse fine reason to hide because i know you guys dont use team speak or any 3rd party communication to use a metagaming technique in game that would be blasphemy .

Wreckers and thugs ( oh yes no one would accuse you guys of this) this just made me laugh infact for that alone ill give you beans cause you make me laugh.

Im not knocking your right to play as you are by all means do i merely offered you a chance to find some slightly harder perhaps more interesting foe. But typical of cowards who kill bambi to scared to man up far easier to hide behind bullshite the hight of honesty i nearly spat my coffee out reading that one.

A pack mentality and an example of what indeed may happen in a real apoc but given death means little when you have guys to gaurd ya bodies so you can run back and get it wouldnt it be more exciting to you to fight a group also armed where you have a chance to loose those hard earned ( server jumping most likely ) press vests i have nothing on my character i am afraid to loose.

Im just trying to get you to actually look at yourself  as denial is a big tthing specially in a tight nit group but if it helps ill play the child and just say your chicken bahhhhh bakkaaaaaaaa ( insert arms flapping and stepping like a chicken .)

Oh im happy to tell you the server i play on and times if you wish to come discuss either privately or with the whole hero society (who from now on ill dub the chicken yellow guts society .......

Edit also the reason behind wanting you in something distinctive isnt to make you easy to spot more the fact when i post pictures on here with you guys as trophy kills everyone will know its you and not some randoms i killed....You like posting trophy photos yes so do i but i like my game to be able to shoot back ......

It takes moral courage to do our work. 

"courage" and 'cowardice" don't ordinarily apply to video games, you know. 

But in this case, moral courage does. 

The life we save could be yours. 

• Like 2