DayzForumer

Do you combat log?

Do you combat log?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Do you combat log?

• I do.
    • I don't.
    • Other. (Comment, please.)

the other day i was at a military base with a hiking backpack FULL of food and ammo and i was transferring its contents into a better bag at the prison building, and when i got all the contents into the new bag tht was on the ground  the server rebooted, so when i logged back on my backpack was completely empty and it logged me in at the middle of the base in the open for no reason, which was then proceeded getting murdered immediately by a guy with an m4. i was frustrated there and logged but i usually dont. didnt matter i had nothing to give as i had just lost all of my gear. also theres no incentive to not log as it seems that respawning after you die doesnt work AT ALL at least for me. so i just have to sit there and watch the guy take my gear.

No, I'm not a pathetic excuse for a human being.

lol seriously? Its a fucking game go outside and get a breath of fresh air. I swear some of you ppl have nothing better to do. You may not be a pathetic human on that but im sure you are on something else lmao.

I did once, Just got a melee weapon and bag and 4 guys came in saying "were going to kill you, youre going to die" over and over again so i was just like, well fuck you guys if youre going to be an absolute fucking walnut about it . lol

I did once, Just got a melee weapon and bag and 4 guys came in saying "were going to kill you, youre going to die" over and over again so i was just like, well fuck you guys if youre going to be an absolute fucking walnut about it . lol

Dont EVER give them the satisfaction of looting your body. lol

I only combat log when I encounter someone who's obviously hacking. If they won't play fair, neither will I.

This excuse that can be used in every instance.

* It should never be your choice to decide if a player is hacking or not, it should be the games system identifying hacks, not you.

I've heard of my fair share of "It was a hacker excuses" and then combat log by simply "Alt+F4"

* "No way that he shot from that far, must be a hacker"

* "No way he was that close to me, must be a hacker"

* "No way did he see my position, must be a hacker"

* "How did he find my tents!?, must be a hacker"

People will always find an excuse when it comes to dealing with hackers or legit players.

* The "Hacker card" is played too often and then people combat log due to the simple advantage of keeping their gear.

Edited by Sobieski12

Dont EVER give them the satisfaction of looting your body. lol

Thus the reason to promote "Killing on Sight", great idea.

Thus the reason to promote "Killing on Sight", great idea.

Or if there was a way to ruin your own gear than id take up that option to. Im sure possibly the suicide option might ruin some of your gear when you kill yourself.

Or if there was a way to ruin your own gear than id take up that option to. Im sure possibly the suicide option might ruin some of your gear when you kill yourself.

I already kill armed players on sight and I don't care for the "ruined" gear, the gear still works fine.

It's quite pointless to kill yourself. Unless your trying to hide from players finding your body, but players just log from the server to be hidden, so yeah.

Yep i combat log on occassions.

and why...

This game is about interaction with other players , not PvE, not PVP , but interactions with other players.

I ussually try to communicate with people who i meet, if they then decide to fight me , i'll fight back, if they decide to rob me no problem iether.

If i am minding my own business, rifle lowered or no weapon equipped and someone from somewhere suddenly empties his m4 in my general direction, i go around a corner and i indeed combat log, because that person is trying to ruin my experience and gains nothing from my death , because he most likely has every item at pristine.

Thats not PvPing , thats griefing.

I did it today to be precise , i was scavenging for items , no weapon drawn (not even melee) and suddenly someone fires at me and hitting me, i  escape and combat log.

Lol. Both pve and pvp are a part of the game. Pvp has and will always be a big part of the game. 

So you are saying that players should only be allowed to attack eachother after having a conversation first?

So when me and my team are looting NWAF and see a different group in close proximity moving into positions we should offer a tea party before we start killing eachother? 

Do you think players that won't/can't speak to others shouldn't play?

How can you think it's ok that you combat log because you think the person that shoots you is griefing and you dont feel like getting shot at? This is a cowardly play style.

I like how you tell us what Dayz is about and then say that you combat log if you think you're being treated unfair. I think you have missed a big part of what Dayz really is about.

Personally i love being ambushed, it can be quite intense sometimes. I remember one time in the mod when my group came in contact with another group in the area around stary sobor. I think they wanted our UAZ and the fight lasted for about 20 minutes with lots of manouvering to be able to get out with our car and most members in one piece.

Lol. Both pve and pvp are a part of the game. Pvp has and will always be a big part of the game. 

So you are saying that players should only be allowed to attack eachother after having a conversation first?

So when me and my team are looting NWAF and see a different group in close proximity moving into positions we should offer a tea party before we start killing eachother? 

Do you think players that won't/can't speak to others shouldn't play?

How can you think it's ok that you combat log because you think the person that shoots you is griefing and you dont feel like getting shot at? This is a cowardly play style.

I like how you tell us what Dayz is about and then say that you combat log if you think you're being treated unfair. I think you have missed a big part of what Dayz really is about.

Personally i love being ambushed, it can be quite intense sometimes. I remember one time in the mod when my group came in contact with another group in the area around stary sobor. I think they wanted our UAZ and the fight lasted for about 20 minutes with lots of manouvering to be able to get out with our car and most members in one piece.

I havent missed what DayZ standalone is about.

DayZ is about interaction with other players, if the game was PvP only there would be no degradation of items when beeing shot at.

CoD is PvP, Battlefield is PVP, MOHAA is PvP, DayZ is something greater, but due to a lot of peoples though proccess it has become largely a PvP fest.

This is also due to the state that the game is currently at.

If you see people moving in position, engage them by all means, if i would , i would do the same, but i would fire a warning shot first, Thats my play style.

If i get shot at and i'm not in the mood to kill the guy shooting at me , then i combat log

Please tell me what EXACTLY DayZ is about according to you?

I havent missed what DayZ standalone is about.

DayZ is about interaction with other players, if the game was PvP only there would be no degradation of items when beeing shot at.

CoD is PvP, Battlefield is PVP, MOHAA is PvP, DayZ is something greater, but due to a lot of peoples though proccess it has become largely a PvP fest.

This is also due to the state that the game is currently at.

If you see people moving in position, engage them by all means, if i would , i would do the same, but i would fire a warning shot first, Thats my play style.

If i get shot at and i'm not in the mood to kill the guy shooting at me , then i combat log

Please tell me what EXACTLY DayZ is about according to you?

Yes. I agree that the biggest part of Dayz is about player interaction, on any level.

But the core of Dayz is a hardcore survival sandbox. As rocket himself called it in the "early" days of the mod, a anti game. He said it was not necessarily designed to be fun, but to provoke feelings and reactions from players. The thing that troubles me with combat logging is that it's the easy way out. In most cases it's cheating death. I see this as wrong in a game that revolves around being hard and unforgiving.

Like one time in SA, me and 2 others were looting balota airfield. I was overwatch the 2 others were looters. They get engaged by 2 other guys, 1 from each side goes down. Our last guy takes cover in the 2 story building with a cell, i move to get a shot on the last guy. I find him out in the open on the runway, start shooting and he logs like a ninja. The way that situation went he should be dead and we shouldn't need to worry about where this guy might ghost to. This behavior doesn't belong in a hardcore game.

I know this example most likely doesn't directly apply to you, but in situations where you get shot at you should accept your fate. Either win the fight, loose or manage to get away.

Just to avoid missunderstandings i will tell you i am not the one to kill everyone i see. I help the people i can help safely, i shoot when feeling in danger or attacked and often let people fly by without doing anything, might even try to rob someone if the mood is right :)

But i respect every playstyle, be it a crazy psycho murdering everyone he can or friendly medic dedicating his time to helping others. They all add to the immersion for me personally since i like the threat of imminent death and also like to meet a frindly face once in a while.

The "playstyles" i dont like is people combat logging and people abusing glitches. Now i do know this is alpha and theese problems will most likely be ironed out in time, i still feel people abusing theese things now are missing what the core of Dayz is about. It's supposed to be hard and unforgiving.

Disclaimer: Might be some errors in my writing since i'm not a native english speaker.

Yes. I agree that the biggest part of Dayz is about player interaction, on any level.

But the core of Dayz is a hardcore survival sandbox. As rocket himself called it in the "early" days of the mod, a anti game. He said it was not necessarily designed to be fun, but to provoke feelings and reactions from players. The thing that troubles me with combat logging is that it's the easy way out. In most cases it's cheating death. I see this as wrong in a game that revolves around being hard and unforgiving.

Like one time in SA, me and 2 others were looting balota airfield. I was overwatch the 2 others were looters. They get engaged by 2 other guys, 1 from each side goes down. Our last guy takes cover in the 2 story building with a cell, i move to get a shot on the last guy. I find him out in the open on the runway, start shooting and he logs like a ninja. The way that situation went he should be dead and we shouldn't need to worry about where this guy might ghost to. This behavior doesn't belong in a hardcore game.

I know this example most likely doesn't directly apply to you, but in situations where you get shot at you should accept your fate. Either win the fight, loose or manage to get away.

Just to avoid missunderstandings i will tell you i am not the one to kill everyone i see. I help the people i can help safely, i shoot when feeling in danger or attacked and often let people fly by without doing anything, might even try to rob someone if the mood is right :)

But i respect every playstyle, be it a crazy psycho murdering everyone he can or friendly medic dedicating his time to helping others. They all add to the immersion for me personally since i like the threat of imminent death and also like to meet a frindly face once in a while.

The "playstyles" i dont like is people combat logging and people abusing glitches. Now i do know this is alpha and theese problems will most likely be ironed out in time, i still feel people abusing theese things now are missing what the core of Dayz is about. It's supposed to be hard and unforgiving.

Disclaimer: Might be some errors in my writing since i'm not a native english speaker.

I must add that i allways escape first, heal,desinfect, eat, drink and then log.

So in a way it indeed does not apply to me , because in that timeframe the other user still has the chance to kill me.

I feel that when the game has been ironed out and has left alpha and beta, that there is no excuse to combat log, but right now i sometimes dont even get to test certain things or try to reproduce a bug or a glitch to be able to accurately report it , because i get shot  and have to run from the coast again.

Logging then helps me to remove myself from the situation to continue what i was doing on another server.

If i am out and about during a normal evening, not trying out stuff, i wont combat log: if i get shot i get shot , if i die I die.

I've seen some players C-Log when they encounter players, and again when they encounter zombies.

What is the point?.

One Combat Logger I was watching on a stream (Before I joined his new server and killed him myself) tried to justify it by saying "If he has guns and I do not then it is okay to combat log".

Instead he kept saying how unfair it was that I was "stream sniping" him.....

Edited by ColinM9991

Yeah. I have. I've been pinned down by snipers, they had taken a few shots at me but missed yet I couldn't figure out where they were shooting from, and I didn't want to just stick my head out there and get killed. I waited for them to move in and try to take me out at close range, but when they didn't I said "F*** it" and logged.

Edited by Hefeweizen

lol seriously? Its a fucking game go outside and get a breath of fresh air. I swear some of you ppl have nothing better to do. You may not be a pathetic human on that but im sure you are on something else lmao.

Exactly. IT'S A GAME.

Getting butthurt enough to logout in combat before you get killed is utterly pathetic and defeats the entire purpose of the game.

It's like playing chess then flipping the board when you make a crappy move and acting like it was a good decision because it doesn't mean you lose.

• Like 5

NEVER will I admit to combat logging! Nor will anyone else ;P

This. These threads are inaccurate as those who commit the "crime" either don't participate or just lie. I'm not sure what people expect. 

Exactly. IT'S A GAME.

Getting butthurt enough to logout in combat before you get killed is utterly pathetic and defeats the entire purpose of the game.

It's like playing chess then flipping the board when you make a crappy move and acting like it was a good decision because it doesn't mean you lose.

Cheaters use the same logic. The "hackers" and exploiters of DayZ, and any other game. "It's just a game, lol get a life." 

Edited by Diggydug

I guess 14% of the respondents in this poll has a very rude awakening coming... 

Possibly...or the other 76% of the respondents get to be pushed into a position they werent in before.

Today i tried it: I got shot at and the guy shooting me missed, i remove myself somewhat from the area and where i would normally have logged, i turned around and flanked , eventually shooting the guy while he was looking for me, including his 2 friends.

The same happened in dubkovny or something: get shot at, get hit, bandage and desinfect, (normally i would log by this point or remove myself further from the area and then log) , i flank , find 1 guy covering the city, axe him and snipe the guy inside the town when i see him exiting a building.

Possibly...or the other 76% of the respondents get to be pushed into a position they werent in before.

Today i tried it: I got shot at and the guy shooting me missed, i remove myself somewhat from the area and where i would normally have logged, i turned around and flanked , eventually shooting the guy while he was looking for me, including his 2 friends.

The same happened in dubkovny or something: get shot at, get hit, bandage and desinfect, (normally i would log by this point or remove myself further from the area and then log) , i flank , find 1 guy covering the city, axe him and snipe the guy inside the town when i see him exiting a building.

See this is why combat logging, no matter who you are, just ruins the game. How much more immersive and realistic was that? In real life you can run, and in real life you can be smart and fight back. This IS a survival game, and it is NOT a PvP game, but even in the real world there are times when even I would kill a human being on sight if it increased my probability of survival.

And on a personal note, how much more satisfying was that?

I technically CL'd once. But I was already in the process of logging off when I was shot at. It was more like dumb luck I guess. But would I knowingly CL? Nah, half the fun of this game is scavenging for loot. If I get killed, I get killed. Big whoop (to use a nineties expression.) I prefer to RP in this game anyway and there is no Combat Logging in IRL so it's kind of stupid (and poor form.)

Ha, funny topic, Motherfuckers...

I was guarding my kamyshovo taking on assholes killing spawns, well I heard some moslin shot's and looked down the road.. Sure enough two dudes running together.. So I wait as they look over the fresh spawn they just popped... I deploy my bipod and zero in.. right around 300 yards or so I thought. I shot, it was a hit, the other guy looked confused so I shot him to, however in the heat of battle I missed. they ran into the house at the end of the street.

Moving forward, I  alt tabbed from my game after ten mins of watching the house to pop in the fourms, still on the server still in the same spot.. I watched the house for around 45 mins going back and fourth between here and the game..

So I'm like fuck it, ill go check the house, maybe the dude died of his injuries.. who knows... I go down there to have a look, nothing, either I missed them escaping or they logged, either way hopefully they felt shitty about it and maybe they won't fuck with Kamy no mo... lol

Now, I been reading this post in that time as well, before I went down to the house lol... So Im on my way back to my "Spot" and I hear a shot, shit was at me.. I'm like shit, and i saw the dude.. between him and I was a rock, so i went prone and fired a shot to say, I got a gun to bitch.. Then i put up the moslin, and grab the 45 i could still see the dude, praise 3pp, and he was grabbing for his axe, I popped up with my 45 and creeped up to the edge of the hill and as soon as I was about to click him to death, he logged...

God, do people suck that bad?? Because this guy, he did.. ha

EDIT: Another funny thing is, so I'm reading about all this combat log while alt tabbed, and I hear a dude say "prepare to die motherfucker" so I pop back in the game.. Oddly I was still alive, and nobody was around me?? weird, however I got a good laugh out of the way it was said.. Surely I would have accepted death from that funny motherfugger lol..

Lose your gear pussies, it's not hard to get, so what if you get killed it's how it's supposed to be anyway..

Edited by Deepfryer