Sign in to follow this  
Chungmugong

What do you think of fresh spawns being able to punch?

Should Punching Be Removed?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Should punching be removed?

I'm leaning against it... I miss that unarmed players were helpless. But I could be wrong here. What do you think?

It provides the ability for anyone to have some type of defense when they first spawn in.

What if they had a bandit trying to kill them? They got fists.

What if a zombie were to chase them endlessly? They got fists

And lastly, an alternative without killing someone? Just use your fists.

It provides not only for defensive purposes but also entertainment that people happened to become quite creative with such as having boxing matches with their buddies to see who's better at hand-to-hand combat and while at the same time, it'll improve your skills by where to throw your punches accurately.

I believe it's fine as it is and shouldn't be altered but I do wish there were more to it than punching like kicking too. (Like kicking someone on the ground instead of leaning over to punch)

• Like 8

I think that its a good idea, as long as they nerf it a bit. If it took a few more hits than it does now then I think it would be perfect.

• Like 1

I do think there is a contingent of players tired of fresh spawns running up and knocking them out for their gear. I haven't had this happen. I'm not sure if I'm totally against it. But, I'd hate to see the coast become nothing but kamikazes, too.

They can punch you, you can shoot them.

Preferably shoot them before they try to punch you. 

It is our policy to exterminate these things before they get a chance to punch anyone. 

You're welcome. 

Edited by HCHellCaptain
  • Like 4

Well maybe you guys should be more careful and keep your distance from spawns instead of being all macho.

If some one gets up close with you while you have a gun, you deserve to die.

Crying baby bandits, getting killed by fists because they think they are all that.

• Like 4

Hell no

They just need to rework punching, insta-knockouts aren't realistic and I don't care who says so.

They need to fix it so you can sprint up and actually smash or tackle someone to the ground and then go to town on them, instead of taking a boxing stance and trading little jabs which somehow produce 30 minute waiting periods...

• Like 3

I like it. They do however need more incentive to stay hidden and scavenge than to banzai the shit out of the first other player they see. 

I'm more wary of fresh spawns than I am of well equipped players, fresh ones have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain from attacking you, they die they just respawn and try again.

• Like 1

I like it because it gives you a chance to survive the Zs will you find a weapon.

The fact it one hit KOs so easily though.....

Never been unlucky to be one hit ko'd yet. You glass jaw types.

• Like 1

Absolutely not. I don't miss anything about defenseless newspawns. It wasn't a "feature," it was a lack thereof. Furthermore, it's pretty stupid to even suggest that the devs remove a feature that they undoubtedly put lots of hard work into. Might as well as them to remove the building interiors again.

• Like 2

Absolutely not. I don't miss anything about defenseless newspawns. It wasn't a "feature," it was a lack thereof. Furthermore, it's pretty stupid to even suggest that the devs remove a feature that they undoubtedly put lots of hard work into. Might as well as them to remove the building interiors again.

It's not stupid to suggest anything, that is part of what the "alpha+forums" is for. Don't be that guy.

It's not stupid to suggest anything, that is part of what the "alpha+forums" is for. Don't be that guy.

This is not a "suggestion." It's more like an anti-suggestion. You're simply saying they should remove a feature for basically zero logical reason.

I will be that guy.

• Like 3

You're simply saying they should remove a feature for basically zero logical reason.

I will be that guy.

A reason was stated. There was logic. A question was posed. That's all the feeding you'll get, troll.

A reason was stated. There was logic. A question was posed. That's all the feeding you'll get, troll.

Lol, you didn't support your argument with any logical basis. You just say "I miss it when fresh spawns were defenseless" and expect that to be an adequate rationalization of your opinion? You're the one who sounds like a troll here. Please.

• Like 1

I don't think it's unreasonable when there are spawn campers that goes so far as to spawn camp at water pumps.

If someone is camping spawns, they are gonna shoot no matter what, probably. Fists usually dont have a chance then. Back in the mod I wouldn't have shot anyone unarmed, but I have to say, I'd probably think twice about that now.

Hell no

They just need to rework punching, insta-knockouts aren't realistic and I don't care who says so.

They need to fix it so you can sprint up and actually smash or tackle someone to the ground and then go to town on them, instead of taking a boxing stance and trading little jabs which somehow produce 30 minute waiting periods.

How in the heck are insta-knockouts unrealistic? ... I'm not saying the mechanic that governs them needs tweaking but a 1 hit knock out is completely doable, especially if you catch somebody off guard. **After reading that back I just wanted to clarify .. I am not one that supports sucker punching people in your day to day activities.

Edited by SaveMeJebus

And people have the sanctimonious gall to take issue with what we do to the new spawns...

• Like 1

How in the heck are insta-knockouts unrealistic? ... I'm not saying the mechanic that governs them needs tweaking but a 1 hit knock out is completely doable, especially if you catch somebody off guard.

It is hard knock an average-sized male out with one punch. It takes a pretty precise placement and a pretty high amount of force. Doable? Certainly! But if it were that easy, all boxing matches and MMA fights would end in round one.

The answer is not to remove punching, but to enhance the feature and melee in general.

Helmets should provide extreme protection against fists. Blocking, tackling and grappling should be possible. You should be able to quickly pull a knife to stab/slash at someone who is punching you. etc., etc.

But taking away their ability to punch? Sorry, that's a non-starter. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and it's removing a feature that the developers worked hard to implement just because you don't like gettin' punched.

It is hard knock an average-sized male out with one punch. It takes a pretty precise placement and a pretty high amount of force. Doable? Certainly! But if it were that easy, all boxing matches and MMA fights would end in round one.

Boxing matches use gloves that absorb a huge amount of the energy of a punch. Back before gloves, they often did end in round one and occasionally with the convulsing death of the loser.

As for MMA, there are an awful lot of first round knock-outs. Most blows are avoided or blocked partially, but if people do connect fully with a swing it pretty much does bring it to an end.

• Like 1

Honestly, the only people who are worried about fresh spawns being able to fight are people who are who need defenseless bambi's to kill cause they even have problems with gun vs fists.

Leave it in, there's no better feeling than stalking and killing the bandit who's killing fresh spawns.

Anyone who can't kill a fresh spawn coming at them fists out is bad, and should feel bad.

• Like 2