Sign in to follow this  
BennyDawg

I GOT RESET, AGAIN!!!! FIX THIS!

I had max loot, with surplus ammo for M4 and had everything I could possibly need to survive against whatever the game may throw at me, and yet again ( it never fails ) my character has been reset and spawned by the coast for no apparent reason. To anyone that has had this happen to them, or just anyone that will voice this to the people behind the creation of DayZ, can you please help me get this fixed, for I am tired of getting reset just when I am getting back into the game after being P.O.'d about my last random reset, thanks...

wow the two I got reset posts in a row.

geezuz

I had max loot, with surplus ammo for M4 and had everything I could possibly need to survive against whatever the game may throw at me, and yet again ( it never fails ) my character has been reset and spawned by the coast for no apparent reason. To anyone that has had this happen to them, or just anyone that will voice this to the people behind the creation of DayZ, can you please help me get this fixed, for I am tired of getting reset just when I am getting back into the game after being P.O.'d about my last random reset, thanks...

This has happend to me about 4 times... Deal with it

Stick with the same servers and you reduce the chances of this happening. Constantly server hopping and you run the risk of finding a server that resets you

It's a common issue apparently to do with a server's ability to remain connected to the hive. Also, some servers have not yet been "white-listed" and so they will not have permission to access the hive yet and will not store your progress (or be able to retrieve your data from the hive, so logging in to these servers will effectively "wipe" your character).

rocket discusses the issue here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/155698-serious-database-issue-bug/

Here's the tracker issue: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78

You should go there, vote it up and add comments about your own experiences to increase visibility on this relatively critical issue.

In the meantime, I suggest you use the "Favorites" function to flag servers which reliably store your progress, then only play there.

Also, DON'T POST THREAD TITLES IN ALL CAPITALS WITH MULTIPLE EXCLAMATION POINTS IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A PETULANT DOUCHENOZZLE.

• Like 1

If you hate it, prepare your heart everytime you climb a ladder  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Alpha is buggy, who woulda thought.

Deal.With.It.

Poor thing. Maybe you should wait until the alpha is over to play it, if this is so upsetting. 

then stop playing an alpha, zippy.. and wait for the finished product.

Edited by Bubbajones

It is Alpha

I have been reset more times than I can rememeber, I have been shot once by a bandit.

dude i havent been resceted in over two weeks almost, you must be server hopping a lot. word of advice go north ppl dont go there often

I GOT RESET, AGAIN!!!! FIX THIS!

CAPSLOCK?  Check.  Lots of explanation points?  Check. 

Great first post.  Searching is for chumps.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

Yeah sorry bro, but this is the price we pay for the joy of participating in an early alpha release, if this was a full released game then I could see your grief but as we are in the testing phase it is to be expected, perhaps instead of a forum rant, go and use the report bug feature and let the devs know.

Alpha and you probably server hoped anyway to get the loot. 

what he doesn't get is it is simply the server losing connection to the hive... if he logs out immediately and waits till the server reconnects tot he hive, his character will be alive and the same as the time he left.

when my character gets reset from hive disconnection, i log off quickly, go screw my wife, then come back a few hours later and find my toon restored,

Lesson: get married to a hottie - the rest balance out.

Edited by Bubbajones

Now is the time for you to think outside the box for a while. Lost chars and char resets are more than likely going to continue for a bit. Run around in your undies and survive with just a hatchet and what you can carry in your pockets. I lost my 16 odd day old dude the other day for absolutely no reason at all excepting i left the server because shit was desyncing and rubberbanding hardcore. New life...new journey. Go Balota boxing and vent some frustration. Find out how many rotten kiwis it takes to fuck your shit up, drink disinfectant, do it all so you know how it all works and how to fix it when it happens on your serious guy down the road.