Sign in to follow this  
Negan (DayZ)

What Items are rare?

Someone told me a compass was rare when I told him I had one I dont know if thats true or not.]]

Is there a Rare list on these forums at all?

Nothing is really rare, some things are just harder to find or guarded by Bandits.

The trickiest thing to find atleast for me is an M4. I haven't had any luck finding one, and the one I did find was glitched on top of a boat and I couldn't get it... bummer. 

But as for rare, not really,

Long Range Scopes are pretty rare, especially considering you need a pristine one, and depending on how badly its damaged it can actually make your aim worse than stock iron sights.

Some things you'll have trouble finding anywhere but military bases and airfields like the tactical vests, but they spawn like crazy in those locals so it's not like they're super rare... you just need to look in the right places. Same thing goes with all the firearms.

Nothing is really rare, some things are just harder to find or guarded by Bandits.

The trickiest thing to find atleast for me is an M4. I haven't had any luck finding one, and the one I did find was glitched on top of a boat and I couldn't get it... bummer. 

But as for rare, not really,

I found 4 m4's and 3 fnx's along with a fair amount of ammo in berezinov/city south of it.

HINT: look in the schools. Good thing about berezinov is that no one goes there.

Press vest, anti stab vest, Down jacket,Zombies are rare too(Just kidding).

Leather shoes, jogging shoes, respirator masks, press vest, that jumper which I forgot the name, the pistol sight, the magnum speed loader

Haven't found the 5 ammo clip yet for a mos in or a press vest and I hear a watch is in the game but have not found one if it is.

There is a jacket that's very rare, I don't know the name of it though.
One time I also found pristine leather shoes in the ship... But I lost them when I glitched through the wall and fell to my death :/

Those brown glass medical vials, antibiotics,

Edited by n1mble

I keep seeing people say x item is rare after I have seen 10 of them.  I bet very few people have seen or held the walkie talkie yet...I carried one for awhile but eventually dropped it.

On the wiki it says there is a Russian pilot helmet, an anti-stab vest and a thick winter coat, forgot the name... never saw these items in the game or videos.

• Like 1

I've seen multiples of almost all items In 40 hours.

So in no particular order, what I think is the hardest to find.

1) Hunting backpacks. (Only seen them on players).

2) Ammo boxes. (Only seen on youtube videos).

3) Magnum ammo. (Only found 6 bullets total so far).

4) Handcuff keys. (You can find them, but holy shit are they a pain to look for).

5) Can openers. (Again, you can find them but pain in the ass).

6) Walkie talkies. (If you know where to look you can find them often).

7) Compass. (You'll find one eventually).

8) STONE. (Only seen a few).

9) Pristine scopes. (Hard to find).

10) Pristine combat boots. (Dangerous to find).

11) Non-rotten KIWI. (Good luck).

12) TTsKO pristine gear. (Arguably best non-urban camouflage).

Edited by Zeet.

The Press Jacket is very rare. 

Not if you server hop for it.