MattyBoJangles

TV says 'unsupported' when I play.

OK, So I bought the SA about 3 days ago and when I try to play my TV comes up with 'Unsupported' I found out how to edit the cgf file for dayz and I put what I found, yet it still don't work. Is there any chance someone could help me out?

Thanks guys, If you need any more info let me know.

Everyone I know use a tv for the pc. TV is big and cheap. Monitor is small and expensive.

Back to topic.

My monitor as a TV and monitor, make sure you have it on  DVI input, thats what i use for monitor and it works fine.

Sounds like a resolution/refresh rate issue.

Everyone I know use a tv for the pc. TV is big and cheap. Monitor is small and expensive.

Back to topic.

TV is also pretty shit for computer use as many don't support 4:4:4 chroma and most have siginificant input lag and of course, inferior IQ overall.

edit the cgf file for dayz and I put what I found,

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

???

OK, So I bought the SA about 3 days ago and when I try to play my TV comes up with 'Unsupported' I found out how to edit the cgf file for dayz and I put what I found, yet it still don't work. Is there any chance someone could help me out?

Thanks guys, If you need any more info let me know.

Used to get this problem when I used a tv as a monitor. You resolution isn't supported by your tv. The nice thing about monitors for PC's, is that they support all the funky resolutions like 1440x900 etc, while TV's do not. When I had my tv it wouldn't support 1980x1050, and when I set that as my default resolution, the screen would go black and say not supported.

If you are in windows, and after you start the game it is "unsupported" it should be the resolution causing the conflict.  In the config you can change the resolution size to match the TV.  I would also save that config file as "read only" so it does not change to a default.

Sounds like a resolution/refresh rate issue.

TV is also pretty shit for computer use as many don't support 4:4:4 chroma and most have siginificant input lag and of course, inferior IQ overall.

While the color match isn't perfect, I'm using a Westinghouse 32" in the middle of two acer 23"s set up in 3x1 Eyefinity and I never have any problems that you describe.

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

???

The whole file in note pad looks like this:

'language="English";

adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1500000;
GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;
Windowed=1;
winX=0;
winY=0;
winW=1440;
winH=900;
winDefW=1440;
winDefH=900;
Render_W=1440;
Render_H=900;
Resolution_W=1440;
Resolution_H=900;'

However I just realized that it has saved it as a separate text document under the same name...this mean the cgf hasn't even been edited?

My monitor as a TV and monitor, make sure you have it on  DVI input, thats what i use for monitor and it works fine.

Using HMDI..working fine apart from this..well L4D2 had this problem but that was a quick fix through steam...the same solution didn't work for Dayz though.

set your video card to use the video card to force resolution. being that you failed to mention what your video card is, I will fail to mention exactly how to do that...

You are using a 1080p TV correct?  If you are using a 720p then your problem is right in front of your face with resolution too high for the TV.

You are using a 1080p TV correct?  If you are using a 720p then your problem is right in front of your face with resolution too high for the TV.

It's 1080p for sure.

It's 1080p for sure.

This is my CFG. 1920x1080

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=48387;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=0;

postFX=5;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=16;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2147483647;

nonlocalVRAM=1073676288;

vsync=0;

AToC=0;

SWLayersCount=128;

PipQuality=3;

PPAA=4;

Windowed=0;

Edited by NoCheats

This is my CFG. 1920x1080

I am guessing I would have to put 1440x900 instead then? also, I saved the file after editing and there is a second text document...does this mean I haven't edited the CFG at all?