WastedSpaceman

Thank you for being better than DICE

I just wanted  to say thank you.  As someone who bought Battlefield 4 on release (a "finished product"), and someone who bought DayZ SA Alpha on release (ALPHA!!!!  Not even Beta yet!), you have done an incredible job in making improvements to the game, even with a holiday break coming only days after the game was made available on Steam.  Meanwhile DICE flopped around like a fish out of water throwing hot fixes against the wall, hoping something would stick, but really they only caused more problems.

So...bravo.  I am thrilled to see a game developer that takes game developing seriously and is also so receptive to their player base.

That's all.  Carry on.

• Like 19

Yeah, amazing work.

Edited by lets4dead
  • Like 1

Different between Dice & Dean, Dean all ways wanna make games fun for everyone, Dice don't care about people and just wan the money fast,

• Like 1

Different between Dice & Dean, Dean all ways wanna make games fun for everyone, Dice don't care about people and just wan the money fast,

I'm so sure Dean wouldn't give a shit if the game sold like garbage right?

hello there

Ill link this to the dev chat to let em know.

But Im sure DICE are doing their level best in difficult circumstance.

Dean is lucky as he can steer this (AFAIK) fairly much anyway he likes within reason, whereas the B4 devs are probably caught in a massive tangle of red tape and bureaucracy.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 6

I agree battlefield has a lot of problems but I like DICE and believe that if EA were not involved BF4 would have been released in 2014 in a more complete state. Big thank you to the DAYZ team tho I just can't stop playing your game ATM =)

Edited by vandal gab
  • Like 1

hello there

Dean is lucky as he can steer this (AFAIK) fairly much anyway he likes within reason, whereas the B4 devs are probably caught in a massive tangle of red tape and bureaucracy.

Rgds

LoK

Ah orlok, so wise :)
  • Like 1

That's definitely true, orlok.  I wonder how much of an influence this style of game development will have on the game industry as a whole, though.  Certainly some of the more plot-driven games will always be developed in private production so no one knows the big "twist" (for example, Bioshock Infinite which I loved very much), but as far as a game that is built around the multiplayer experience, this method is the best I've ever seen.  Even just little things like interaction from staff members and administrators on the forum go a long way in building my trust for your team and I'm sure others feel the same way.  Basically it's like getting the small town store experience, where you feel welcome and appreciated, but in the environment of some world class employees.  I didn't mean to bash DICE as hard as I did but for comparison's sake, well, I'll stand by it!

Edited by WastedSpaceman

hello there

Rgds

LoK

Someone made the decision to release that broken crap as a final product, while trying to sell more of it at the same time (dlc). I have no sympathy for them. It's not just small bugs, but stuff that is obvious and doesn't even make sense. Expect the same hot garbage for Battlefront.

Good job Dayz team.

• Like 1

+1 on that.

I've been a long time player of the mod and thought that, for a few months, I'd just stick SA on whenever announcements and improvements were made and keep playing the mod. But I haven't, SA even this early is surprising me with all the little things you can find but not quite use yet... can't wait for more updates, BRING 'EM ON! Dean and the boys keep going the way they are and they're winning :)

Keep it up.

Edited by =FOX= Damocles
  • Like 2

Huzzah! All praise Rocket!

I have played AAA-games released as a "finished" products with more bugs and less content then this alpha (Simcity 2013 and TW Rome 2, to mention two). All cred to the dev team!

The only negative thing with this, is that my expectations for the SA 1.0 have skyrocketed :P

Dayz sa doesnt even come close to a game like bf3/4 and DICE has way more talented people. Its all about EA putting to much pressure on developers like DICE, by not giving them enough time to deliver a polished product. Dont get me wrong i think dean and hes team are doing ok and i cant wait to play the finished product but theres no comparison.

I too want to say Thank you to Dean and everybody working on this game i just want to say, This is a Amazing game even in Alpha and i enjoy it alot. Thank you Dean and the Dev Team! This game is turning out Awesome.

I have played AAA-games released as a "finished" products with more bugs and less content then this alpha (Simcity 2013 and TW Rome 2, to mention two). All cred to the dev team!

The only negative thing with this, is that my expectations for the SA 1.0 have skyrocketed :P

to be fair all this is so far is a slight graphic increase and a barebones deathmatch. not really impressed with what 2 years of development?

to be fair all this is so far is a slight graphic increase and a barebones deathmatch. not really impressed with what 2 years of development?

1 year of dev, and alot of other things, they did. The better examples: New esqueleton, Network bubble.

A lot of ignorance in this thread, the problem with BF4 isn't Dice, it's EA. Get your facts straight before you start slinging mud.

I have always believed that BF4 would have been so much better if they released it to say 5000 experienced players for an alpha. There are just so many issues that probably were not apparent with the amount of people playing currently. I don't think they could have seen some of the issues. (things like the sound bugs etc I am surprised they made it into the final game)

With that, this is the reason why I think that when DayZ is released it will be of great quality. However with that said most people don't think of it as the DayZ alpha, they think its the finished game. 

...and they will make millions right through to BF10 and CoD 20.  The wheel turns. Give me a quality dev who cares about the game he is making and i don't care how much those other games make or how big their fan base is, as long as i can play something interesting that isn't on rails i will support them and raise a beer at least once a week their way ;)

Well DICE has done alot to fix the game. I don't even crash anymore, but it was bad for a week or two. Both great games