imjustatourist

will zeds be dropped from the game?

should better zombies be a priority ?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. should better zombies be a priority ?

• yes, this is Day "Z" after all.
    • no, I just wanna shoot unarmed people.
    • this poll is awesome, and I vote yes

So I just read a thread where the priority of tasks for future patches are described.

there wasn't anything related to the ZEDs.

Are they going to dump the whole "Z" thing?

or

Are they happy with the zeds how they are at the moment?

I'm afraid they realized thats all "the Zedness" you can achieve with this game engine, and concentrate on other stuff. (killing ppl on the coast)

Edit: yes Im an idiot and I dont know this is alpha

EDIT: this is the announcement I am referring to.

please note it's more recent than the post that Max Planck is pointing at.

In the short term, we’re going to focus on the most critical problems you’re experiencing atm and at the same time we’re going to work on the road to the DayZ Beta. We’re going to re-evaluate the roadmap plans in the second half of January but here is a list of the existing top priorities on our to-do list to make DayZ really meet or hopefully exceed your expectations:

• Server performance, stability and security
  • Animals & hunting
  • Cooking & gathering resources
  • Playable user customizable vehicles
  • Player created constructions in the environment
  • More complex interactions with the environment and crafting options
  • Streamlined user actions and interface
  • Control and animations expanded and improved for fluidity
  • Upgraded graphics and physics engine (including ragdoll, etc.)
  • Support of user mods and more flexibility for user hosted servers and game types
Edited by Imjustatourist

Did you ever see the mod, plently of zombies,

given that this is a Alpha,  I don't think this is all we will see

I like the way it sounds DayZ, I wouldn't dump the Z idea, Zombies :D

I would love to say - dont worry about it, they handle it.

honestly i have the same fears you do. one thing i believe in is that the numbers of zombies will increase.

Edited by Ozar

i would love to see more styles of animations and kinds of zombies.

i wanna get hit from a zombie with his own arm in his hand. something like that. really scary shit.

• Like 1

From what I've heard, the zombie count in each server right now is something like 1500 or so. Their goal is to reach 10.000 on each server. AND hordes. 

So I just read a thread where the priority of tasks for future patches are described.

There is only one thread that describes the contents of future patches, it's this one.

'More zombies' is the very first item on the list...

• Like 5

From what I've heard, the zombie count in each server right now is something like 1500 or so. Their goal is to reach 10.000 on each server. AND hordes. 

Dean has always said that they wanted to reach 4000 zeds per server.

Let's post more ridiculous polls in thinly-veiled attempts to complain about incomplete features and coastal PvP!

Super productive discussions are sure to ensue.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 4

It's a Zombie Survival. Of course they are not going to drop one of the main aspects of the game.

The game is in Alpha and it's been mentioned that zombies don't collide with walls etc. this has been brought up countless amount of times, so how about we just sit this out and wait for an update that will fix this.

well theres gonna be better zeds and updated AI anyway so no, they wont drop the zombies, but i like killing people so it dont bother me at the moment

there wasn't anything related to the ZEDs.

Are they going to dump the whole "Z" thing?

or

Are they happy with the zeds how they are at the moment?

I'm afraid they realized thats all "the Zedness" you can achieve with this game engine, and concentrate on other stuff. (killing ppl on the coast)

Edit: yes Im an idiot and I dont know this is alpha

You obviously can't read very well.
  • Like 1

There is only one thread that describes the contents of future patches, it's this one.

I actually believe OP is refering to this dev blog: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/72473656344/dayz-three-weeks-on-the-road

If you scroll down towards the bottom they have a list of their top priorities right now. Zeds are not mentioned on it at all. With that said, I don't believe they are just going to leave the zeds in their current state. They have stated a few times that there are lots of changes for them in the near future.

• Like 1

I actually believe OP is refering to this dev blog: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/72473656344/dayz-three-weeks-on-the-road

If you scroll down towards the bottom they have a list of their top priorities right now. Zeds are not mentioned on it at all. With that said, I don't believe they are just going to leave the zeds in their current state. They have stated a few times that there are lots of changes for them in the near future.

yeah thats the one that gave me the headaches.

And reading the post where dean mentions "more zombies" gives me even more headaches.

because:

"If loot is completely removed, we can easily run 4000 zombies in our debug builds."

Well, loot is going to be added, thats for sure.

And loot is priority for the most of us.

So, guess what's going to happen to zeds when they implement all the more loot and realize the engine cant handle tons of zeds on top of that?

If they can manage to work around it, great!

If not, they might be forced to scratch the Z in favor of loot.

Edited by Imjustatourist

The zombies are essentially done. They have minor issues here and there, but quite honestly very few of those issues affect my gameplay experience. The only problem is that they cannot increase the number of zombies until performance and stability improves. I wonder if they put performance and stability on the list anywhere...

Edited by Imbalanxd

Wait, guys, wasn't it that the developers removed features that zombies are supposed to have due to the current state of the game?

Imjustatourist, stop jumping to conclusions and logically think about it.

Firstly, just because one post doesn't say anything about zombies then it doesn't mean they are going to completely remove it; there is a LOT of time until the Beta or Full Game even release, that list isn't EVERYTHING they're going to do for the ENTIRE duration of Alpha, Beta and Full Release Patches; of course they are going to keep zombies, it's called DayZ, it's a damn zombie game...

Secondly,

"If loot is completely removed, we can easily run 4000 zombies in our debug builds."

So, guess what's going to happen to zeds when they implement all the more loot and realize the engine cant handle tons of zeds on top of that?

What on earth are you talking about? Really? They are optimizing both client and server, even if it doesn't work perfectly with both loot and zombies then I honestly doubt they are going to remove either, What's the game going to be called then? Are they supposed to rebuild the entire engine again?. This makes absolutely no sense.

Alas, he is not saying they are removing loot, he is saying in the current optimization, if they removed loot; IF.

Come on man, logically think about all of this before it's posted.

---Update---

P.S; There are higher priorities than 'fixing' zombies.

Edited by ColinM9991

He read the dev blog.

yeah thats the one that gave me the headaches.

And reading the post where dean mentions "more zombies" gives me even more headaches.

because:

He is saying, in its CURRENT state, they can get 4000 zombies by removing loot, once they optimize more they will handle both at the same time, if not more.

I just hope they wont increase the number before fixing the no-clip zombie bug, because being in a house with zombies atm is not cool at all.