lukeyguy

Drag Dead Bodys

Leave your poll below and see who else agrees that this change should be added!  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Should a drag/move dead body option be added?

Hello, 
Imagine You are in fight with your friends and one of them get unconcous, so if you want to save him, pull him somewhere safe you can drag his body inside some house and then try to wake him up... 

• Like 5

This will almost definetly be a feature, probably around the time of the new physics engine implementation

we`ll i hope they will add this feature, i know it`s hard to animate but.. it`s something we need ingame 

Was this in the last game ?? surely its in arma2 or 3.. I remember it was definitely in operation flashpoint, I just dont remember using it in arma.. hmmm 

Also for looting... Yesterday i killed a guy and a friend of him was nearby, so i couldn't loot the body until the other guy was around... I wish i could simply drag the body away and loot him in a safer place

Was this in the last game ?? surely its in arma2 or 3.. I remember it was definitely in operation flashpoint, I just dont remember using it in arma.. hmmm 

Yeah, you could drag bodies in the mod. I think it will probably be added later.

Nice idea. Brought up many times...please search before posting (I don't try to be some kind of forum police here, but some ideas got like 20 threads, so some good and unique ones go down to pages where no one ever looks...)...just from the first pages of the search results:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/166782-shoulder-your-dude/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/165308-more-interactions-with-players/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/169975-carrying-survivors-with-broken-bones/

Edited by LaughingJack

I suggest an option to move or possibly carry dead bodies. Often times people kill other players somewhere with little to no cover and retrieving the loot can be quite dangerous. An option to place the body on your back or carry it in some way and being able to move it to a safer spot with more foliage would be a great addition to the game in my opinion. I would also like to see your opinions on the matter, so leave a poll!

Edited by Shad0wH4wk

Yeah they definetly need to implement this. I thought they had this in the mod (but in like a very buggy/unrealistic way) but they really need it here. Would be really cool to be able to drag a body unto your shoulder to a safe location or even use them as bait. Have to make sure they're dead firsty tough  :P

Am thinking its gonna happen.With all the talk about ragdoll physics and what not.

Yeah they definetly need to implement this. I thought they had this in the mod (but in like a very buggy/unrealistic way) but they really need it here. Would be really cool to be able to drag a body unto your shoulder to a safe location or even use them as bait. Have to make sure they're dead firsty tough  :P

Yes, they actually did have this in the mod. It was however, as you said, a bit bugged. You can also check if a player is dead by going up to them and checking their pulse. A dead players pulse will read "[PLAYERNAME] has no pulse and is warm to the touch".

Yes, they actually did have this in the mod. It was however, as you said, a bit bugged. You can also check if a player is dead by going up to them and checking their pulse. A dead players pulse will read " has no pulse and is warm to the touch".

U can check Pulse for sure already.  and

It does say [PLAYERNAME]  something something ,something.

Yes, they actually did have this in the mod. It was however, as you said, a bit bugged. You can also check if a player is dead by going up to them and checking their pulse. A dead players pulse will read "[PLAYERNAME] has no pulse and is warm to the touch".

Yeah, I know that, hence why I'm saying it ;)

Yeah, I know that, hence why I'm saying it ;)

Ah, my apologies then. You just phrased it like you didn't know about it yet :P

When you drag the body, there should be a blood trail if it wasn't a blunt-trama death. I'd use the body as a meat shield. 

Edited by jdizzy

I wanna drag unconsious players too. So that I can.drag my buddy to.cover while my teammates suppress the sniper that took him down.

And drag handcuffed playeras, so that I.can cuff and drag the sniper to the edge of the balota highrises and toss him off. :3

I'm agree about dragging unconscious players as well.

Dragging by arms or legs is better than carrying... Most players have bags already and the addition of bag+body will be a very loud burden. Not so realistic thought.

I mean, it's a horror game, and it might as well scare people or even attract zombies somewhere.

• Like 5

I mean, it's a horror game, and it might as well scare people or even attract zombies somewhere.

Well it also could also function as warning, signs or to scare off people.. i would think twice entering a city when there is a stack of bodies on the road.. also shows sign of life and makes it easier to meet up with people (talking from SA perspective as it is right now, i dont have any other experience with the game than the game as it is). 

Dragging your teammate behind a cover instead of trying to bandage/morphine/etc him in the open field under fire.