DemonGroover

A Good Old Fashioned Duel

One thing i am yet to see too much of in DayZ is a good old fashioned duel.

What happened to gentlemen banditry where you could challenge your accoster to a civilised duel.  All i see now are players getting handcuffed, drained of blood and force fed bleach.

I plan on bringing honour back to Chernarus.  Back to back, pistols drawn, 10 paces/seconds, turn and shoot.  Winner takes all.

If you see me, don't KoS, i challenge you.

Some rules of a 10 pace Duel:

1. If possible a 3rd person should "officiate" the duel, to make sure all is fair and the count is done properly in Direct Chat.

2. Back to back the duelists must walk forward with pistol pointed down for the 10 second count.

3. On the count of 10, turn and fire.

4. If any duelist cheats or shoots too soon his life is forfeit and he will be hunted down, handcuffed and force fed Disinfectant.

5. No crouching or proning either during the pace or in the act of shooting.

6. You can not advance on the opponent when firing.

7. You cannot retreat from an opponent upon firing.

Conversely, similar rules to a Stand and Draw Duel can be used.  Both parties stand apart, pistols holstered. Upon the command of "1, 2, 3, Draw!"  the duelists draw and shoot.  I think the hotbar is quite a good simulator for quick or slow draws.

EDIT:  I also want to add if anyone gets footage of a duel please post it here.

EDIT:  If anyone wants to duel each other for example, please feel free to post where you are so as to organise - would be good to get a bit of a crowd as well.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 26

...KoS, i challenge you. ..

challenge accept :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

ok I play tonight we make pm arrange for meet ;)

I need to find pistol and we make movie and put here and after you begin new forums tradition :D

settle argue like mans do combat duel

Edited by KoS
  • Like 5

I actually had a duel, I spawned in near factory on a dead server not expecting to see anyone and went into one of the barns to see another guy in there who got his baseball bat out when he saw me (I had a spanner). I shouted 'gladiator duel to the death, 1v1 me right now' and we both charged at each other and ended up knocking each other out at the same time. There are no winners in war.

• Like 4

challenge accept :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

ok I play tonight we make pm arrange for meet ;)

I need to find pistol and we make movie and put here and after you begin new forums tradition :D

settle argue like mans do combat duel

Very true -  settle something how men used to.

I am not on tonight but PM me and we will organise a meet  - preferably on a bridge somewhere.

Very true -  settle something how men used to.

I am not on tonight but PM me and we will organise a meet  - preferably on a bridge somewhere.

ok

I look forward :)

tonight I focus on find magnum and I pm you location we arrange to go to bridge close to us when is convenient for us :thumbsup:  ;)

may best man win :P

• Like 2

With all the revolvers and pistols spawning, there´s a good possibility of creating a Chernarus dueling society.

• Like 2

You read my mind. I can so see two guys facing each other in front of the City Hall in Cherno, their magnums in their chest holsters and trigger fingers itching. I hope a sombrero or a sort-of a cowboy hat will be added to the game. I know it doesn't fit the Chernarus setting, but some cow farmer out there must have had a hat like that.

• Like 4

You read my mind. I can so see two guys facing each other in front of the City Hall in Cherno, their magnums in their chest holsters and trigger fingers itching. I hope a sombrero or a sort-of a cowboy hat will be added to the game. I know it doesn't fit the Chernarus setting, but some cow farmer out there must have had a hat like that.

Of course - hats! A much needed item in a duel.

• Like 1

Of course - hats! A much needed item in a duel.

I will meet you on the field of battle on the testing server.

Pistols at high-noon.

• Like 1

I will meet you on the field of battle on the testing server.

Pistols at high-noon.

A challenge!! I accept good man.

One problem is the quick bar. It always seems to be glitching out, this can be a problem in duels where you draw from a holster.

Though the 10 paces idea is good.

Edited by Dchil

is 2 style for duel with pistol ;)

#1 old European style 2 guys stand back on back walk 10 step turn shoot they have already gun in hand

#2 wild west style 2 guys face gun in holster one guy must make move or maybe they use signal like bell sound and they draw/aim/shoot

what is best one for dayz? :huh:

for me problem for #1 is need some guy for watch make sure is no cheats happen :|

and #2 like guy saying have hotbar issue :|

is risk for both point is is fun and fair way for settle dispute ;)

I think the exact duel could be agreed to by the combatants.

All must be fair.

Do you people don't have anything better to do when society is colapsing? :P

I see bandit tactics from this system, but hey, I am interested to see it. Get that FRAPS/OBS recording and post it here :D

• Like 1

Do you people don't have anything better to do when society is colapsing? :P

I see bandit tactics from this system, but hey, I am interested to see it. Get that FRAPS/OBS recording and post it here :D

If bandits used this system it could give someone a chance to escape with their life.  If they win, the other bandits should honour the victor and let them go.

Shall I bring my swords, or my dueling pistols :)

You could bring a bayonet.

Include me in on the pm'ing and i can officiate if need be :)

• Like 1

You could see a Quick bar glitch as a failed draw now that i think about it. As Rayland Givens said in Justified, A lot can go wrong in a quick draw.

• Like 2

On the ARMA engine? Lol, you will both die.

ArmA simulates reality quite well in that if two people run face first into each other with guns drawn, there is none of that who is the best 13year old hyped up on red bull bullshit. You will both be shot and you will both die. That's why almost all combat involves flanking the enemy, not 360 no scoping him.

If bandits used this system it could give someone a chance to escape with their life.  If they win, the other bandits should honour the victor and let them go.

Quite idealistic. It would probably be something like:

A: "Wanna duel?"

B: "Sure!"

A: "Ok we face eachothers back anad then walk ten steps from eachother, then turn around and shoot, I'll count! One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Sev...."

B: "LoL" *Loots body*

:P

Edited by Liquidje

More likely someone who was not involved in said duel will see the event pull out m4 shoot both and loot (probably not even loot) there is not alot of gentlemen in Dayz infact many of the guys who are up for a duel are KOS players lol .

Nothing wrong with that i guess but it wlll kill any of this interesting interaction i hope you go through with the duel may the best man win (any rules on dropping prone after the 10 count etc id be more specific on rules as again gentlemen HA not in this game ;)