Sign in to follow this  
Iain365

Could we have servers that don't respawn loot?

This might sound like a silly question but if this is a zombie survival game why does loot respawn? If the s**t really did hit the fan food wouldn't keep reappearing in houses and supermarkets.

I was thinking last night how it could be interesting to have a hunger games style server with a certain number of players spawning at a set time (maybe in a similar location) and seeing who could last the longest. There would be no loot respawning and once a player was dead they could not come back on. The last player alive on the server would be the winner.

It would introduce a new element to the game where you would have the choice of either running from the initial spawn point to one of the army bases to get weapons or to try to get supplies, etc from the spawn point. If a player logs out of the server their character stays active in the last position they were in so you'd have to find a good spot to drop out. The character would also still be using energy and water while logged off the server so you couldn't just go and hide in the woods to win.

I know its probably not going to be a popular idea but I just thought it could be an interesting idea.

I have always liked this idea as a sort of tournament style play.

Like you say you would have to have all players spawn at once and you would need a lot of zombies initially as they perhaps wouldn't respawn either.

I'd play.

it exist :)

I playing yesterday one

put this in filter ;)

[NO LOOT SPAWNS/NIGHT ONLY] 

Edited by KoS

It wouldn't work because the world isn't everlasting and especially the good gear zones aren't (airfields, baracks).. but I'm guessing you mean some type of hungergames in DayZ? It's being done in the mod quite a lot.

It wouldn't work because the world isn't everlasting and especially the good gear zones aren't (airfields, baracks).. but I'm guessing you mean some type of hungergames in DayZ? It's being done in the mod quite a lot.

Ah fair enough. I've not played the mod and have only had SA for two weeks. I just thought it could be interesting to kind of set up a server that was more like the real world instead of one that resets itself every few hours. Would make actually getting and storing gear more interesting as well.

It wouldn't work unless it was part of a seperate private hive.

Players would just join fully kitted out which defeats the entire purpose behind the limited loot.

AFAIK, loot only spawns on server restart currently, I don't know what more you want than this.

Read his post, he suggests some kind of tournament mode, not just disable loot respawns.

I also like the idea :)

Read his post, he suggests some kind of tournament mode, not just disable loot respawns.

I also like the idea :)

Yep! You could have a process where you sign up and are told a start time for the server. You can join up before the server starts but once it's going its a closed server. Nothing is brought in from outside and nothing respawns. Could be a lot of fun.

AFAIK, loot only spawns on server restart currently, I don't know what more you want than this.

Think he means on the mod

Would be great kind of a battle royal à la Btooom! At least you have a reason to KoS but i don't think this is a type of game for those pussies bullying and killing freshspawns because they could be a potential victim.

Edited by Enforcer

give me a blade water bottle and a field of cows and i am set for life,if you read the story of my past life in a safe zone then you know that cows could really help you stay alive.

They drop tons of meat and theres lots of em,so this would be a cool game mode