Sign in to follow this  
Brimstone99

Do you lose characters?

I was having trouble finding a server that was daytime.  When i finally found one I didnt have my character anymore.  wtf happened?

There are characterwhipes left and right and happen frequently.

Do not get attached to your gear and you will be fine. :)

Try rejoining the server, or another server, your character should come back unless you're character died of course :P

They are having issues with losing characters currently, it isn't only character wipes causing the loss. You will lose characters less often the less you join servers.

me too I lose character today :|

gear and location in the north after 21 hour gameplay reset

but I accept this because game is alpha :thumbsup:  ;)

don't love the gear and start new life with smile :)

• Like 2

to me it seems that sometimes there are issues with loading your char data from the hive. then, the server will treat you as a new player and let you create a new character. this character then overwrites the data of your old character when the server syncs back to the hive, and your old character is lost.

if you start the game, and dont see your geared character on the start screen, it hasnt loaded from the hive. dont join a server then.

• Like 1

Lost a few lately but its fine with me, I enjoy the getting of stuff rather than the having of stuffs

Happened to me 3 times now, but - I've learnt that exiting the game a few times brings back the old char'.

Regular and Hardcore servers have different character Hives.

You can't play your Regular character on a Hardcore server.

Character resets happen, when you join a server, that can't connect to Hive(the character server). If the game can't retrieve your character data, it automatically respawns you on the beach. So if this happens, you should disconnect from the server instantly, because if you don't, if the server connects to the Hive, your new life will save and overwrite your character data on the Hive.

Edited by Dallas

Two days ago I lost my one week character and yesterday I lost three of them. Its alpha.. u cant attach to your gear like our mate said before. 

Two days ago I lost my one week character and yesterday I lost three of them. Its alpha.. u cant attach to your gear like our mate said before. 

Indeed. It's actually fun running round looking for new gear. I just pointed out a way to retrieve the lost char's.  :) 

I had a char reset recently.

I could not connect to any server I tried, any attempt was met with an immediate "confirmation of changes" restart message.  I tried restarting the game.  When I finally got onto a server it just told me it could not load the char and to disconnect (paraphrasing).  So I knew, the old char was history at this point.  Not feeling like starting over, I decided not to log back in for a few hours.  It was as anticipated a fresh spawn and because of the patch not the default char I was expecting.  Disconnected and tried to do a little research.  Eventually, resetting my default; I played that char out.  I was very careless, likely because I really did not want to be alive on that char (plus it was night and I was just like this is BS)!  Someone apparently saw me and chased me into the fire station at elektro.  I had a pipe, but they had an axe.  I raised my weapon as soon as I heard them threatening to kill me over direct chat.  They killed me pretty quick, I do not think I got a hit in.  I was evading, but they were able to hit me when it seemed like I was out of range.  Kind of made me sad.  I was hoping to climb on a building and get shot or fall off the ladder.  Instead I got bested by an axe!

my char is getting resetted everytime i'm logging in ^^ :P