Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

Just no...

I have a i7 4770k with 2x GTX 780 Ti, can't get more then 30 fps in cities.

Are you sure it isn't something else? I'm running 2x gtx480's reference design on an i7-920 (old architecture) and i get 30 fps in cities too. What resolution are you running it at?

why are the Mods posting more news on reddit than on these forums tho

Those are developers being quoted.

all news should be here first i still don't get why post on reddit then quote here on the official game forum that's quite retarded tbh.

its like me going on 4chan and posting about my new trainers :o

• Like 1

Those are developers being quoted.

Am I the only one who read this italics in Steve Ballmer's voice?

• Like 1

Maybe you need a hobby.

You should try /r/outside

I think it has everything you're looking for.

you're right. I don't get out enough. But I still know more about girls than you do.

Edited by Agaran22
  • Like 1

So $30,000,000 and we have the slowest updates? Why can't they hire somebody? They almost have more money then star citizen lmao. Don't throw alpha out there. There is $30mil made. Fix it.

urm star citzen? O yeah thats a fully playable game now ? LOL you get to walk around a hanger for your money with no game to play, Rocket said dont buy the game until full relase to avoid disappointment unless your committed to th full alpha process. You should have spent your pocket money on more beans. Edited by Luc1fer

First off i want to say, SmashT, You completely wasted your time answering that legend00 post. I have no clue on how developing a game goes but I can use common sense and figure out that you can't just go hiring anyone like it's a fast food resturaunt.

With that out of the way I also want to stick it to the dev's and say that being proud that you pushed out 3 tiny tiny patches over the holidays is a bit of a exaggeration. Most of those patches were tiny bug fixes and the few items you put in the game were probably done for the most part before release. The reason why I say that is because the M4a1 was being worked on for like 6 months, maybe longer and Dean Hall always says if he is going to do it, he is going to do it right. So we know the Revolver wasn't started and finished since the release.

Now with what legend00 said Dean Hall has to start doing something because if Dayz SA stays at its current pace, we won't see a beta for YEARS!!!! Yes, I understand that things need be planned and looked at thoroughly, BUT this game already has so many idea's implemented but not finished. Which is fine..Hell i bought Arma 2 just to play Dayz Mod and I never even touched Arma 2 the actual game itself.. People will play this game regardless of how long it takes to release or how many bugs there are. Just like the Dayz Mod.

I play Dayz SA now and I will play it years from now because there just isn't anything like it but those quotes sound more like BS and Dean never answer's the question fully. Now for all those people with the angry posts about how long things are taking.. Dayz SA Alpha was a big success and Dean made ton's of money so he is taking a break. Which is great, as long as he comes back with a commitment to bring us a great game.. Which THAT is what I am worried about. Is he just going to finish a bare bone game and let the community take over like the mod or is he going to make a game? The answer to this question is what everyone should be worried about..

He could add vehicles and maybe a couple more guns, fix the bugs and then let the community take over, just like the mod. Then all we have is an upgraded Dayz Mod. Did Dean Hall bite off more than he can chew?? All we can do is wait and see.. This is all based on my opinion and what I have seen or read over the years of keeping an eye out on Dayz SA. Please don't reply stating that I am wrong about what Dean is doing through the holidays. Most of this is just conjecture.

On a serious note, can the devs and mods start using their actual website instead of the cesspool that is reddit?

It's 2014, I don't really care to look at a website made by geocities in 1996 to get my information about a game I paid $30 for.  What a joke.

• Like 4

Hi, I have a degree in sound engineering, and I know how to use a computer.  I'll take half of whatever that guy you hired's pay is, and do his job twice as good.  I play DayZ, I've played it when it was a mod and have identified several sound issues with the standalone.  You won't need to wait three days to get back to me about telling me to do my job.  Whoever you hired for audio, that needs three days to start getting to work on doing levels and coding atmosphere effects, doesn't seem to know much about doing anything with audio.

If this is how Bohemia works when it comes to hiring "new people", that doesn't bode well for the rest of the project...  Seriously.

Edited by McG2
  • Like 3

all i can really say is,

more bitching on the forums = more rushing in the development = worse outcome in the beta

so just be patient and enjoy the game as it is now, there is no doubt there can be things that could be added to make this game better, doesnt mean it's unplayable. Have fun and forget about the dev of the game unless you're involved. You payed for an alpha.

Hi, I have a degree in sound engineering, and I know how to use a computer.  I'll take half of whatever that guy you hired's pay is, and do his job twice as good.  I play DayZ, I've played it when it was a mod and have identified several sound issues with the standalone.  You won't need to wait three days to get back to me about telling me to do my job.  Whoever you hired for audio, that needs three days to start getting to work on doing levels and coding atmosphere effects, doesn't seem to know much about doing anything with audio.

If this is how Bohemia works when it comes to hiring "new people", that doesn't bode well for the rest of the project...  Seriously.

See, you've made the guy's point in trying to disprove it. In the creative process, you don't plug in new pieces and fly away. You build a team, and add to it slowly, factoring in technical skill and chemistry.

Seeing the way that you're talking about doing your job makes me think that I would never add someone like you to my creative team. You've shown that you absolutely don't understand the chemistry part of being a member of a team, which makes me glad that Dean and Co. aren't following the internet's advice in their staff decisions.

• Like 1

they removed constant soda can opening sounds but the freaking metal gate opening is still there as well as zombie rabbits and the trampling sounds like someone's behind you all the time...

Chill guys. Rocket wrote that he'll fly back to Prague today. However, as NZ is at the other end of the world, he'll prolly have off over weekend due to jetlag (he should have).

Clearly the dev team can't release patches without their boss, but some content should be readly waiting for him to be reviewed.

My guess is we'll get a patch end of next week.

Seriously, grant the guys some rest. Whoever followed the last months before release should understand that it was a well deserved holiday.

Be glad that DayZ is a big success, because that makes for a very promising future of the game.

Edited by Grabarz

I don't follow reddit for updates on this game, I follow these forums.

Are there efforts to create developer feedback posts which consolidate these responses that are spread across multiple sources of Social Media into a thread or some kind of feed that tracks these snippits of information?

• Like 1

The amount of effort put into getting a sound into a game that still fits with the main developer's vision will always be a hurdle to overcome. Introducing people to an ongoing project takes time to do effectively so that the project still maintains it's original goals and deadlines. Since the game has just been released and organizational restructuring is happening, adding people at this time is actually very disruptive to daily tasks. 

Edited by Zagdul

Chill guys. Rocket wrote that he'll fly back to Prague today. However, as NZ is at the other end of the world, he'll prolly have off over weekend due to jetlag (he should have).

Clearly the dev team can't release patches without their boss, but some content should be readly waiting for him to be reviewed.

My guess is we'll get a patch end of next week.

Seriously, grant the guys some rest. Whoever followed the last months before release should understand that it was a well deserved holiday.

Be glad that DayZ is a big success, because that makes for a very promising future of the game.

I get so annoyed when I see pathetic people like you that try to justify something someone does. ESPECIALLY when you have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't follow reddit for updates on this game, I follow these forums.

Are there efforts to create developer feedback posts which consolidate these responses that are spread across multiple sources of Social Media into a thread or some kind of feed that tracks these snippits of information?

Yeah, the only social media I use to keep in contact with DayZ development is Twitter and I'm tired of seeing them patting themselves on the back while nearly everyone here in the forum is waiting for ANY info on what's being worked on - anything.  

If you want to emulate how a developer should stay in contact with users, take the game Survivalcraft as a prime example.  That developer (CandyRufusGames) is a one man show and he develops for Android, iOs and Windows Phone simultaneously.  He provides updates daily and posts to twitter, RSS, youtube and facebook.  It's an absolute joy to have this kind of contact with a developer.  He lets us know what's coming up, what problems he's run into with certain devices, but regardless, it's always FRESH.  

We understand that "this is only alpha".  We get it.  We really do.  But this isn't a free alpha; we've all invested in its development and want to be an active part of it. When I look at the bug tracker and see over 5000 bug reports and less than 30 "resolved", it makes me wonder just what the heck is going on behind the scene.  

So if these progress updates are somewhere other than the official forums, please direct us to the right place.  

• Like 9

NOTHING OF WORTH ABOVE.

Natives are getting restless - again.

Time to close this thread isn't it before it turns anymore into "You Tabuse" comments section?

I get so annoyed when I see pathetic people like you that try to justify something someone does. ESPECIALLY when you have no idea what you're talking about.

And I get annoyed by people who can't grant others benefit of doubt.

And your postcount indicates that you're pretty new to the game, which makes me suspect that you are an example for my assumption that many people who bought the game missed the events prior to release and this plus frustration perhaps makes you troll like that.

No please, we are talking about a break relating content releases that has now lasted three weeks over xmas and if you would have read the info available, you should know as well as me what I'm talking about. That it was released right before christmas was unlucky that's all. Get a life.

Edited by Grabarz

Yeah, the only social media I use to keep in contact with DayZ development is Twitter and I'm tired of seeing them patting themselves on the back while nearly everyone here in the forum is waiting for ANY info on what's being worked on - anything.  

If you want to emulate how a developer should stay in contact with users, take the game Survivalcraft as a prime example.  That developer (CandyRufusGames) is a one man show and he develops for Android, iOs and Windows Phone simultaneously.  He provides updates daily and posts to twitter, RSS, youtube and facebook.  It's an absolute joy to have this kind of contact with a developer.  He lets us know what's coming up, what problems he's run into with certain devices, but regardless, it's always FRESH.  

We understand that "this is only alpha".  We get it.  We really do.  But this isn't a free alpha; we've all invested in its development and want to be an active part of it. When I look at the bug tracker and see over 5000 bug reports and less than 30 "resolved", it makes me wonder just what the heck is going on behind the scene.  

So if these progress updates are somewhere other than the official forums, please direct us to the right place.  

I'm not sure I entirely agree with you. People are getting back from vacations and visiting family right now. Getting back into the swing of things takes a couple weeks after the holidays. At least. 

They're also on a hiring spree along with traning and getting a team together to build this very complex game. 

Think of what we have now as a blank canvas. Chill, be paitent and we'll slowly add paint to it as a community. Pushing for results is no different than those publishers who shit all over their devs for trying to force code and product out of them. 

At this point, I'd like to hear about how their team will be developed and which team members we address when we have concerns. I'd like to hear how flow of communications will work for the community and the dev team and how we can help best to build this game. Asking for massive updates of fixes of bugs after just coming off the holidays while trying to digest these forums and the the sheer amount of repeated bug reports during this time off is going to take quite some time. Give them a break. 

edit: Paying the $30 doesn't entitle you to a faster produced game. 

Edited by Zagdul
  • Like 1

play arma 2 play arma 3 you will get nearly the same fps in this games as in the standalone, so loot and other things dont take so mutch fps its the engine and they cant improve then so mutch maybe 5 - or 10 fps but more i think will be impossible, so think what ever you want, but i promise in one year you will never get better fps than now, but maybe your dreams come true, and maybe tomorrow the aliens lands on earth, so dont dream life in the real world where arma or dayz is a hardware hungry monster ;)

WOW you are a genius.

And you dont think ten fps increase in cities is optimisation.

Thank you i am a Genius :)

But they Dont will reach 10fps when the Zombies come in the Game the Mist of the amd Users can Quit Gaming Because it will be unplayable for them, unplayable Means for me 15-20 fps so You will See it And then You will be Remeber my thoughs ;)