Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

No way characters should die upon disconnect, a lot of people would die just because the internet connection gets down or even lag spikes, so no. 

I frequently enter low player servers then log out in order to test graphic settings or system tweaks.  I'd hate to be punished for it, since this is an alpha and I would like to be able to test without timers/character death/punishment... 

Some updates are larger / take more work then the last. Patience, young padiwan.

They said look forward to frequent updates, they should of had one today.. 

They said look forward to frequent updates, they should of had one today.. 

Frequency is relative :P

• Like 2

The game has been out for less than a month, and has had numerous updates. Are you hoping for updates every 24 hours?

The money they have made so far shouldn't effect scheduling of updates, either for better or worse. Schedules are schedules, and things are fixed when they are fixed.

I'm pretty happy with the frequency of updates so far. They broke some stuff over the weekend, which sucks, but a lot of it seems to have been worked out, and better solutions are likely on the way.

I think some people are getting their timetables screwed up for some reason. This game has been in alpha for a month.

Unrustle your jimmies and either play while watching the progress of the alpha, or don't play until beta or 1.0.

• Like 1

The game has been out for less than a month, and has had numerous updates. Are you hoping for updates every 24 hours?

The money they have made so far shouldn't effect scheduling of updates, either for better or worse. Schedules are schedules, and things are fixed when they are fixed.

I'm pretty happy with the frequency of updates so far. They broke some stuff over the weekend, which sucks, but a lot of it seems to have been worked out, and better solutions are likely on the way.

I think some people are getting their timetables screwed up for some reason. This game has been in alpha for a month.

Unrustle your jimmies and either play while watching the progress of the alpha, or don't play until beta or 1.0.

Arma 3 Beta branch has daily updates.... -____- 

They didn't make millions upon millions with Arma 3....

• Like 1

I don't know tons about ARMA III Beta, but what sorts of changes are made? The fact that it is in Beta makes me think that the changes are either cosmetic, or small tweaks.

Those are the types of things that I would love to see happening in the Beta of DayZ, but right now we are playing the chassis of a game. Now isn't the time for countless small tweaks or cosmetic fixes. There are much bigger problems to fix right now, and those problems take time.

I honestly don't understand the shortsightedness being shown by you two.

Edited by tomroadrunner
  • Like 4

Arma 3 Beta branch has daily updates.... -____- 

They didn't make millions upon millions with Arma 3....

Arma 3 BETA.

• Like 1

I frequently enter low player servers then log out in order to test graphic settings or system tweaks.  I'd hate to be punished for it, since this is an alpha and I would like to be able to test without timers/character death/punishment... 

Hahahahahaha..... wow is this the best Combat loggers and Server Hoppers are going to come up with?

• Like 5

great update guys. now every server i join, it displays 0 pings for everyone, and i can't access any of my gear.

great update guys. now every server i join, it displays 0 pings for everyone, and i can't access any of my gear.

Welcome to alpha. If you were expecting a fully playable game, the door is that way.

I suggest playing DayZmod if you are looking for a more enjoyable experience and do not wish to be a part of the videogame development/testing process.

I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to point out the obvious. Note all the warning signs saying it's alpha and to expect a TON of gameplay-breaking issues. You act surprised.

Edited by bonesnap
  • Like 3

I'd be on board with closing off the alpha and calling it a pre-order till beta. I'm patient. 

Arma 3 BETA.

ALPHA had daily updates as well, but tomroadrunners point is valid. DayZ is a different kind of game. The server architecture makes fixing things more.....volatile. 

Edited by VictorM

rubberbanding is still there, not horrible though. in my case its been server specific, not every server played on. i always play on <50ms ping servers too.

also, battle eye is fail, there are some crazy hacks out there. was with a guy last night who openly admitted to using a private hack, and was calling out other players by name, and picking them off through trees and foliage at distances beyond normal sight range.

Hahahahahaha..... wow is this the best Combat loggers and Server Hoppers are going to come up with?

i dont see the problem with server hopping. combat loggers are pussies, but i will server hop all night long to get regeared after dying. who cares, its alpha.

combat loggers however...just go back to call of epic fail and stay there. clearly you left your balls back in scrubland.

Help me please, yesterday was playing DayZ quiet ..... And today when I walked in the afternoon I was being kicked by BatlEye by the following question: The version of your game is unknown ..... But my game is at the right version and everything right ta ... Porfavor help me to return to play too!

rubberbanding is still there, not horrible though. in my case its been server specific, not every server played on. i always play on <50ms ping servers too.

also, battle eye is fail, there are some crazy hacks out there. was with a guy last night who openly admitted to using a private hack, and was calling out other players by name, and picking them off through trees and foliage at distances beyond normal sight range.

You do know that BattleEye doesn't necessarily instantly ban everyone that joins in with injected files?

Doesn't mean it's a failure, just takes some time. Especially if the person was using private one's, those are well hidden and are hard to detect. (And also cost 30~ bucks a month.)

In my opinion, BattleEye is one of the best working anticheats yet. Have a look at VAC or PB for comparison. They clearly detect less and most of the time needs the player to get reported before actions are taken. Not to mention the horrible FairFight that I:SS uses.

Edited by Konna

You do know that BattleEye doesn't necessarily instantly ban everyone that joins in with injected files?

Doesn't mean it's a failure, just takes some time. Especially if the person was using private one's, those are well hidden and are hard to detect. (And also cost 30~ bucks a month.)

In my opinion, BattleEye is one of the best working anticheats yet. Have a look at VAC or PB for comparison. They clearly detect less and most of the time needs the player to get reported before actions are taken. Not to mention the horrible FairFight that I:SS uses.

What in gods name would possess someone to spend 30 dollars to hack at a game?? It doesn't even have leader boards? Why would you buy a game like this to cheat in it? What is the fun/drive to this? I just don't understand this. 

• Like 1

What in gods name would possess someone to spend 30 dollars to hack at a game?? It doesn't even have leader boards? Why would you buy a game like this to cheat in it? What is the fun/drive to this? I just don't understand this. 

To feel like a "god" possibly. In other games someone would probably do it for the leaderboards or rewards, but here, it's just the fact that the person is so utterly bad at the game that he doesn't have a choice to survive.

Time to bring out mom's credit card. \o/

Those hacking/cheating players are in need of help let it be the love of their parents or friends or a bitch slap!

Enough said, lets walk on. The next well is a few miles from here and my canteen is almost empty ;)

Is anyone else experiencing instant death while being inside the Firestation? Everytime I try to get on the roof, or access 2nd/3d floor from the inside - I die)).

Is anyone else experiencing instant death while being inside the Firestation? Everytime I try to get on the roof, or access 2nd/3d floor from the inside - I die)).

Yes I get it in the firestation but have yet to experience it in any other building with multiple floors. For now I'm avoiding the upper floors of the firestation and as alwways be careful with ladders.

• Like 1

I ran into a building while being chased and then it said I was unconciouse I respawn come back and find my body drinking a soda, he then kills me and yes I'm sure it was my body, looks like they added AI into the game

• Like 1

looks like they added AI into the game

433 posts and a link for Bambi's in your signature, but you say something like that?...

• Like 1