Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

With a timer plus current no loot respawn this game is fucked. one guy alone with a large backpack can clear out a whole town in like half an hour because his character can eat like 40 cans of shit before he gets full. So...whats left for the people that come after him onto the server...?

Gloves, bunch of working gloves lol

Edited by Highlander007

Yeah, supersmooth. Seemed to have an error messages kicking me out of the server 4 times (and thus losing my character), but had a solid, smooth spawn afterwards :) Don't know what was going on, but now have 10 cans of soda, a bottle of water, 11 cans of food (and had to eat some already to make space), and found 4 canopeners along the way. Think it's feeding time.

Fixed: 

Server: Dedicated Server crash related to memory cleanup
Server: Player location rubberbanding
Critical Security Vulnerability fixes

Note: This is a hotfix to address several key issues, and thus is focused on specifically those issues.

>Critical Security Vulnerability fixes

>Note: This is a hotfix to address several key issues, and thus is focused on specifically those issues.

You still can remove trees, buidlings, sounds and zombies .pbo files just fine and play.

You may want to hotfix that too, becouse right now you don't even need wallhack to "wallhack".

With a timer plus current no loot respawn this game is fucked. one guy alone with a large backpack can clear out a whole town in like half an hour because his character can eat like 40 cans of shit before he gets full. So...whats left for the people that come after him onto the server...?

Gloves, bunch of working gloves lol

ntke.jpg

Totally disagree, add the timer ASAP.

One of the biggest features this game needs is to stop combat logging and server hopping for loot. The faster they add this in an update the faster we can test and make sure it works properly. Why keep playing with features that aren't going to be in the final version of the game when we can test it now?

The only people against the timer are combat loggers and server hoppers.

I agree that these things should be in the live version and it should be in the developer team's best interest to implement them. Howver, during testing there are random deaths that happen from things like rubberbanding off a ladder or through walls of tall buildings, the re-spawn and timers will only slow the development cycle of testing. 

We shouldn't be too focused on the 'rules' of the game at the moment. We still need to help them find the problems with the engine and the actual mechanisms that make the game fun. The faster we're able to re-produce problems, the easier it will be. Right now, in Alpha, we don't need things to mitigate cheating or gaining an unfair advantage.

We need a 'reset' button that is fast. 

I wish I worked for them at this point :), I wanna sandbox this so badly. 

Edited by Zagdul

I agree that these things should be in the live version and it should be in the developer team's best interest to implement them. Howver, during testing there are random deaths that happen from things like rubberbanding off a ladder or through walls of tall buildings, the re-spawn and timers will only slow the development cycle of testing. 

We shouldn't be too focused on the 'rules' of the game at the moment. We still need to help them find the problems with the engine and the actual mechanisms that make the game fun. The faster we're able to re-produce problems, the easier it will be. Right now, in Alpha, we don't need things to mitigate cheating or gaining an unfair advantage.

We need a 'reset' button that is fast. 

I wish I worked for them at this point :), I wanna sandbox this so badly. 

I remeber when they added log out timer in DayZ mod,

The tears of combat loggers flooded the forums so bad, that log out timer was removed.

... add the timer ASAP.

+1 !

Edited by Ha1
  • Like 1

Combat logging was numero uno problem of DayZ mod and it just blows my mind why there is no log out timer yet in standalone.

yes, but we're not playing a game yet. We're exploring and troubleshooting a piece of software that needs fixing. Add the timer when it's near release date rather than being upset that you were unable to kill another player because they combat logged. 

There's many other games to derive the solution from and I think if it's something that deserves discussion a new thread should be created and a conversation should take place. It's not as easy as it sounds and a simple timer wont solve your issues. 

Here's an example... 
You walk up to a guy you want to rob. He puts his hands up and is seemingly following all the directives you give him. During your questioning time, he hits the logout button. So, now there needs to be a visible representation added to the game to show the person doing the holdup that the person he's holding up has logged (some games force a character to sit down while the logout process is happening). As it stands right now, the person being held up would just disappear. 

Another example, CCP has the rule in EVE online that if you enter combat (entering combat in DayZ would need to be defined) your existence in the game remains, even if you log out. So, you can disconnect from the server at any time, but if you are engaged in combat during the logout process, your body/ship remains in the game indefinitely provided there is something keeping you in combat. I think this is something that the game needs to drive towards, to where there's a 'flag' you initiate when you're holding someone up to enter them into a combat scenario. 

The bottom line and the point I'm making here is that we, as a community signed into the Alpha which WE SHOULD NOT BE BUYING YET, shouldn't be concerned with the fairness of someone combat logging, yet. At this point, we need a reset button before a 'respawn' timer. 

Edited by Zagdul

Combat logging was numero uno problem of DayZ mod and it just blows my mind why there is no log out timer yet in standalone.

Matt Lightfoot LITERALLY posted about working on one like 2 pages ago. Why are you complaining AFTER they announce its impending implementation? 

yes, but we're not playing a game yet. We're exploring and troubleshooting a piece of software that needs fixing. Add the timer when it's near release date rather than being upset that you were unable to kill another player because they combat logged.

Then how I am suppose to test player killing?

if you enter combat (entering combat in DayZ would need to be defined)

For me another player enters combat with me the second I spot him. No matter the distance.

Edited by Frosti

Then how I am suppose to test player killing?

For me another player enters combat with me the second I spot him. No matter the distance.

You can go have fun testing and killing people on the DayZ mod. The Standalone Alpha is not where we're testing the actual mechanics of the game we're not trying to test the gameplay fairness as much as we're trying to get things such as proper display and positioning of items, people, spawn timers of the loot, building locations and interaction... and unless you've participated in these before, the concept of alpha testing may be a bit frustrating for you. What we are testing is the translation of the current mechanics of the game being ported over to it's own, fully fledged stand alone game engine. Adding a feature that doesn't exist in the DayZ mod when vehicles haven't even been introduced is probably not the 'numero uno' problems the current devs are focused on fixing. 

The developers of this game have said on numerous occasions and on multiple forums and sources that they want some kind of a combat logging feature. The first issue is that your definition of what 'in-combat' means will differ from a lot of people. The second issue is translating the definition into code that has checks and balances to keep it fair, is not simple. The reason you don't understand why it's not implemented is because it's not a simple solution. 

Nor is it a solution we should be focusing on solving when our bodies currently aren't syncing with the server properly (rubberbanding). Or, instadeath, or items falling through floors, or mysteriously disappearing.

Edited by Zagdul

The first issue is that your definition of what 'in-combat' means and how that gets translated into code to run a program that has checks and balances to keep fair is not simple.

Log out timer always and everywhere 30 seconds.

You can go have fun testing and killing people on the DayZ mod. The Standalone Alpha is not where we're testing the actual mechanics of the game and unless you've participated in these before, the concept of alpha testing may be a bit frustrating for you. What we are testing is the translation of the current mechanics of the game being ported over to it's own, fully fledged stand alone game engine. Adding a feature that doesn't exist in the DayZ mod when vehicles haven't even been introduced is probably not the 'numero uno' problems the current devs are focused on fixing. 

The developers of this game have said on numerous occasions and on multiple forums and sources that they want some kind of a combat logging feature. The first issue is that your definition of what 'in-combat' means will differ from a lot of people. The second issue is translating the definition into code that has checks and balances to keep it fair, is not simple. The reason you don't understand why it's not implemented is because it's not a simple solution. 

Nor is it a solution we should be focusing on solving when our bodies currently aren't syncing with the server properly (rubberbanding). Or, instadeath, or items falling through floors, or mysteriously disappearing.

You are quite confused it seems. We are testing every aspect of the game and that is why it was released to the public. This is an open sandbox game and we are testing it the way we would want to play the game. If you want to run around in circles spamming buttons to see if something breaks be my guest. I will continue to play the game the way I enjoy it and help test by joining servers and reporting any bugs I come across.

If you looked at reddit or twitter you would have noticed that there will be a timer out this month to prevent combat logging. So I guess the dev's deem it an important quality in their game. It is not helping their alpha with people alt+tabbing in the middle of a gun fight or people who server hop for days looting. It needs to be fixed and will be soon.

Totally disagree, add the timer ASAP.

One of the biggest features this game needs is to stop combat logging and server hopping for loot. The faster they add this in an update the faster we can test and make sure it works properly. Why keep playing with features that aren't going to be in the final version of the game when we can test it now?

The only people against the timer are combat loggers and server hoppers.

Did you forget this is an alpha? This isn't a full fledged game yet and the features that RESTRICT access or RESTRICT respawns should NOT be implemented. It only helps to slow down testing. Just because you are a bandit and get deprived of your kill, taking advantage of the fact that there may just be people trying to test the game. A count-down timer is easy enough to add, it either works, or it doesn't.

Someone may be trying to test all the things in his backpack and, I'm sorry for the harshness, but arsehats like bandits and people that just like to fudge with people and kill them... really just impedes the process. So, giving those players a reprieve to allow them to disconnect, is actually better.

So, I say again... DO NOT ADD A TIMER YET and REMOVE THE RESPAWN LIMITATION so you can do it at ANY time.

Did you forget this is an alpha? This isn't a full fledged game yet and the features that RESTRICT access or RESTRICT respawns should NOT be implemented. It only helps to slow down testing. Just because you are a bandit and get deprived of your kill, taking advantage of the fact that there may just be people trying to test the game. A count-down timer is easy enough to add, it either works, or it doesn't.

Someone may be trying to test all the things in his backpack and, I'm sorry for the harshness, but arsehats like bandits and people that just like to fudge with people and kill them... really just impedes the process. So, giving those players a reprieve to allow them to disconnect, is actually better.

So, I say again... DO NOT ADD A TIMER YET and REMOVE THE RESPAWN LIMITATION so you can do it at ANY time.

The counter argument is that these systems will be part of the final game and need to be tested and ensured working properly. The game should also be tested as it will be played, in my opinion. If you want to test unique scenarios head to low pop servers where you have complete freedom to do as you wish.

• Like 2

I do not know if it is problem with the patch, but this is impossible to play with friends because they are constantly disappearing.

some stay for minutes on my side but I can not see them.

someone over there is suffering with this problem?

this problem is already reported?

I have no problem playing alone.

sorry the bad english

I remeber when they added log out timer in DayZ mod,

The tears of combat loggers flooded the forums so bad, that log out timer was removed.

If i recall the timer is still there. I've never played when it wasn't...?

The counter argument is that these systems will be part of the final game and need to be tested and ensured working properly. The game should also be tested as it will be played, in my opinion. If you want to test unique scenarios head to low pop servers where you have complete freedom to do as you wish.

They're not difficult to implement. As I said, they either work, or they don't.

There's way too much other, more important stuff wrong with the alpha to worry about that yet and I'm honestly very surprised that the devs would even think about implementing it already. It's not even been out 3 weeks yet and they're wanting to add that? In my opinion as a beta tester, it's a terrible idea.

I already go to low pop servers for this reason and I shouldn't have to. A lot of the testing also depends on stress testing on servers at FULL capacity. SO... again... irresponsible on the devs if they add a timer 3 weeks into the alpha's availability.

Respawn should be at CONSTANT availability as well.

You are quite confused it seems. We are testing every aspect of the game and that is why it was released to the public. This is an open sandbox game and we are testing it the way we would want to play the game. If you want to run around in circles spamming buttons to see if something breaks be my guest. I will continue to play the game the way I enjoy it and help test by joining servers and reporting any bugs I come across.

If you looked at reddit or twitter you would have noticed that there will be a timer out this month to prevent combat logging. So I guess the dev's deem it an important quality in their game. It is not helping their alpha with people alt+tabbing in the middle of a gun fight or people who server hop for days looting. It needs to be fixed and will be soon.

Yes, and if you read my post (which I had to edit for clairty) you'd see that I did make sure to mention that the timer is something that is important, but for this current iteration it's not 'numero uno'. 

At this point in the game's development, I want less of a timer to re-spawn and start over so I have a faster way to re-produce errors. In fact, I want them to not grey out the "respawn" button and allow me to spam the hell out of it so that I can test the process of death > spawn, which, is also not working very well right now. 

Slowing the time it takes for me to go from spawn > death (reset or whatever) >  to the area on the map that I had the problem is pretty important to us who are trying to test the actual game's critical engine failures. 

Edited by Zagdul

I just want to reiterate that I'm NOT AGAINST a log-out timer at all... it's just way too soon to implement. I hate cheesy people that log out to escape their predicament... I'm totally 100% there with you... but a timer 3 weeks into public release... honestly... it's stupid. We have well over a year left with testing this... If they can't figure out a log out timer in the last 6 months or even last month of the game... there's a problem. xD

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 2

why do you want a timer ? when there is a time the people will escape with alt f4 so a timer is useless at all i think ;)

• Like 1

and all the hating against the bandits is just annoying, guys or shuld i say boys ? this game is about killing others, not to run around like world of warcraft and stupidly explore the map, this is the thrill that you must be afraid every second is someone behind me ? is someone aiming at me ? this is the feeling of dayz and without the bandits it would be very boring if anyone would be a nice person in game ;) in real life you wouldent kill everybody because this would have affects to you maybe you feel bad after kiling someone, you see his pain you hear his screamings, so this is what the most people would hold away from killing others, but in a game this is unable to reenact, so the most people are just assholes who want to destroy a gamers day, this is fact and no rule will change that, accept it !

• Like 2

I just want to reiterate that I'm NOT AGAINST a log-out timer at all... it's just way too soon to implement. I hate cheesy people that log out to escape their predicament... I'm totally 100% there with you... but a timer 3 weeks into public release... honestly... it's stupid. We have well over a year left with testing this... If they can't figure out a log out timer in the last 6 months or even last month of the game... there's a problem. xD

Very much this. I also am completely for a timer, but implementing, or even considering testing one right now is just so counter productive to the progress of getting this engine to cooperate properly with the mod. 

Edited by Zagdul
  • Like 1