ThatSwoleGuy

Stuck in debug land, in need of a server owner or someone to help me.

I'm out of options here and I am sprinting around in debug land and can't get out, I lagged in a building, got thrown into an ocean, and now I am here.

Could anyone out there possibly help kill me?

Switch to the stable build.

• Like 1

It's always a pain.

I've managed to escape before by doing some continuous server hopping, eventually i landed in one that reset my character and i was back on the beach again. Bit time consuming, but no more then just waiting for your character to die and i've managed to trigger a character reset on about my 8/9th server attempt before.

Best way is to cycle through servers hosted by different providers, rather then for example going through 10 'Gamingdeluxe.com' servers or whatever they are called.

Not sure if server admins have the ability to kill characters at this stage either...

• Like 1

That happened to me.  Your best bet is to just wait and die of starvation or thirst atm.  Even though that didnt work for me it has worked for a lot of people.  My character counldnt die by these means though.  I ended up buying another copy of dayz for my alt account for the time being.  Its a known issue but it might be awhile before it gets fixed.  So just keep your game up while you go do something else until your character dies.

• Like 1

Switch to the stable build.

or that. 

• Like 1

I'm playing the standalone, I'm not sure what you guys mean by stable build.

Is waiting out by starvation/dehydration my only option here? I will try to hop but I tried it once and it didn't work.

Edited by ThatSwoleGuy

I'm playing the standalone, I'm not sure what you guys mean by stable build.

Is waiting out by starvation/dehydration my only option here? I will try to hop but I tried it once and it didn't work.

You should be on it by default but if you have opted into the experimental build and are playing on non-experimental servers, you are going to have a bad time.

Day > Properties > Betas

• Like 1

Damn I am on the stable version, I'm really sad here, this could take quite a long time to starve/dehydrate and I'm not even sure that's going to work,

Server hopping isn't doing it either.

Admins can't kill players yet, at least I can't.  You're on your own.

• Like 1

Admins can't kill players yet, at least I can't.  You're on your own.

Well damn. Thanks everyone for the help. I just put my dead shark decoration on my w key and hopefully my guy will run to death.