r4nger

Removing saline and making ammo much more rare?

Do you guys think that removing saline and making ammo much more rare would reduce the KOS?

No it wouldn't,because people who KoS don't care how mauch ammo they have as long as the have some at all. ANd i really don't get what removing saline bags would do.

I think salina, the M4 and ammo should all be much more rare, but at this point I don't think it would help stop KoS. We need a lot more items (=/= character progression) and zombies for that.

• Like 1

maybe not removing the saline bag completely but definitely make way more rare, me and my friend got 3x saline bags each, that's just isn't right....
and instead of making ammo rare make the weapons super rare. and ammo even rarer than what they are now.

People mostly KoS because the other guy have a pistol or just some sort of weapon, like M4A1 or a hatchet.

Regaining 5000 blood with Saline, seems a little overpowered atm. Replacing all your blood with salt water, seems a little... I don't know... unrealistic?

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 3

Yeah lets make ammo rare that way when I see guy with the weapon I have I'll make sure to kill him

• Like 2

Maybe saline should just start your blood to regenerate at full speed instead giving you full health immediality. I can't remember finding saline ever, though.

• Like 2

There should be reasons you don't want to fire your gun on every player you see, I hope that moment will come when they add hordes of zombies.

I think it might reduce it, but only marginally.  In my mind what it would take to reduce KoS is the following:

• More zombies, harder zombies, and respawning zombies. Entering a big city should have to be a teamplay effort in most cases.  Clearing out entire airfields/military bases should be a big group effort.  It would promote teamplay and communication between players.
  • Make server-hopping a lot more "work"/wait, to discourage it and to lessen its effectiveness for gearing up.
  • More content should be added (and probably will) to ensure there's a lot of "must have" items that spawn other places than military bases.

But it's an alpha, so I have no reason to not expect that the KoS-issue will be adressed in the future, once more pressing issues such as server optimization and general framework features have been looked into.

I think that the current functionality of the saline bags is a place holder or sorts, there's no way that the dev team introduced this complex blood type system for blood transfusions just to have it rendered completely irrelevant by introducing an item that is basically identical to the dayz mod blood bags in functionality. Seems like a waste of effort to make blood bags require so much effort for significantly less reward.

I guess saline bags will serve a different purpose once the medical system becomes more in-depth in the future.

Maybe saline should just start your blood to regenerate at full speed instead giving you full health immediality. I can't remember finding saline ever, though.

And there you have it. :)

The function of Saline and Blood Bags needs to be swapped.. 

saline should rehydrate you completely, and give you "some" blood.. (Bring you back to a stable condition)

Blood bags should give you full blood.

• Like 4

Do you guys think that removing saline and making ammo much more rare would reduce the KOS?

- Saline will change I'm pretty sure. Makes no sense to have an ultra detailed blood transfusion system with something as simple and safe as Saline IV.

- Item balancing will happen but more reasons to use ammo will probably be part of that balancing, not necessarily making them rarer. It's easy to kill one zombie with a melee item but If you have to kill 20 zombies things are not so simple anymore and you might want to start using all them nice bullets you're storing...

Blood and health are two different things. The difference is explained here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwNgTnj9hBE (If you haven’t seen them)

The saline bag should definitive not restore your blood the max level at once.

• Like 1

I still haven't found a saline bag, so I don't know about those. But I do feel that ammo is much too common at the moment. I can see it being good in the future with zombies possibly posing a bigger threat, but right now it's just piling up in the inventory... and idle bullets are the devil's playthings.

Edited by Badass Preacher

There is absolutely nothing that will reduce the KOS mentality. 

Think about this; If ammo is rare and i have 3 rounds to my weapon, and i see another guy wielding the same gun i have, you can be that i try to sink those three bullets to his head, just to see if he has any more ammo. 

No. Also, why would we want to do that?

Besides, it's kind of pointless to talk about ammo rarity before zombies are working.

People mostly KoS because the other guy have a pistol or just some sort of weapon, like M4A1 or a hatchet.

ppl KoS because its a Deathmatch game, there is nothing else you can do atm.

to stop KoS we need more items (iam geared in 20 minutes cuz i know where the stuff spawns), more zombies and more player interaction.

the devs have to find a way to make it easier to survive in a group and almost impossible alone.

There is absolutely nothing that will reduce the KOS mentality. 

Think about this; If ammo is rare and i have 3 rounds to my weapon, and i see another guy wielding the same gun i have, you can be that i try to sink those three bullets to his head, just to see if he has any more ammo. 

Even if there is a massive hord of dangerous, fast zombies nearby, that would devour you within a minute if you fired your gun? Would you do it then?

I don't understand why we see countless "KoS - This, KoS - That" Threads, it will be in the game regardless of what anyone does, I mean really... you are in the post-apocalyptic world, you have very little supplies and you are starving, you see a man with a bag packed full of goodies with a gun, are you going to walk up with open arms and ask? No.  You are not.  And if you say you would, you deserve to be shot. You are going to some way some how try to disable or kill that man for the goods he posesses.

Even if there is a massive hord of dangerous, fast zombies nearby, that would devour you within a minute if you fired your gun? Would you do it then?

No I would not fire my gun, I would kill you by other means, there will always be KoS and nothing can be done about it.

Edited by teufel937
  • Like 1

The saline bag should definitive not restore your blood the max level at once.

That's literally what saline is for - it's to bulk up your blood volume until you can get a real transfusion.

IMO It should restore you to full blood and then gradually drop back down, although you should naturally recover blood during this time so it should level out to some extent.

Edited by Mos1ey

Let the squad players have their insta health miracle cures ;)

I'll carry on playing my lone wolf survival simulator, I prefer a challenge.

KOS will never be removed trust me.

People even if they have 1 bullet will try to kill you with said 1 bullet.