Sign in to follow this  
crazyandlazy

What is the most annoying bug in the game [Poll/Be constructive!]

Your priority on bugs  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following should be addressed first?

• Rubberbanding [REDUCED FROM PATCH!!! game freezes and character lands in previous position]
    • Dislocated neck [cannot move neck to view surroundings]
    • Random noises [zombies yelling, chains rattling, etc]
    • Disconnections
    • Server hoppers [Rocket responded]
    • Falling/dying suddenly through a glitched rock/wall
    • Getting stuck in walls and not being able to suicide/get out
    • Others [please specify with short post]
    • Combat logging [Rocket responded]

This is not for moaning. I just wanted to do a simple poll so that we can see what is the most annoying. People can view results/vote.

EDIT: More bugs added.

EDIT: Rubberbanding is now fixed.

EDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ugd06/change_log_030113953/ceih3gp

rocket2gunsRocket 168 points

16 hours

ago

most important to me for doing ASAP is implementing the server queuing system to solve combat-logging and loot farming. It's pretty close to done, but it's not going to be until I'm back in CZ which is mid January.

Edited by CrazyandLazy

you missed a few eg glitching through walls, hackers and so on as well as a dupe glitch and the chain rattling is meant to be there but animals make zombie noises another couple of bugs is the random character resets, logging in stuck in buildings, items not working such as pen and paper, character cloning eg eg

Edited by spartan54820

Having someone server hop next to you is never really fun but I find the rubber banding, especially during fights, is far more troublesome.

Edited by whtwlf
  • Like 1

For me, the most annoying glitch by far is glitching through floors/stairs/ladders/walls and falling to my death. This ends up killing me more often than other players/zombies/the elements combined.

• Like 2

I remember I sprinted inside an apartment northern of Chernogorsk and went through the wall and met my demise a couple stories later.

I don't know that all of the sounds you hear are a bug. There does appear to be a bug the last time I played that seemed to bleed things other people could hear into your sound area. People chatting, zombies being shot etc. That needs to be fixed but isn't really on my priority list like server hoppers. That needs to be fixed, stat. Some of the sounds you hear randomly, (like the chain-link fence sound), have been in the mod forever and I love that they are there. I don't seem to ever hear them until I am in an already stressful situation and I like that they crank up the stress for a second. 

Last time I checked server hopping and disconnecting (I assume combat logging) isn't a bug.

But the only real bug other than sounds I have come across is being at Kozlovka on my way to NWA then all of a sudden finding myself in Chernau and I've never stood a foot in Chernau other than the time I was teleported there.

Edited by KeyaKev

Ladders are up there for me. I voted strange strange sounds but it was tough to pick just one.

Without a doubt. Logging off or getting disconnected and returning to a fresh spawn at the coast...

• Like 2

Whenever I step into a stream, I lose the ability to run (shift-w).  I can sprint by double tapping the w key, but that is it.  At first, I assumed it was an attempt at realism since my clothes would be actually soaked if I ran through a stream, but this bug hangs around until I log out. 

The scariest thing that could happen to me is...... logging back in as a fresh spawn (after logging out fully GEARED)..

**Only happened to me a Couple times @ first... Still running with my second official Character, he has been alive over a week. But still im always nervous this will happen.

WHY? Because a bug like that 110% destroys the game------- ahh good thing its an ALPHA  ^_^

• Like 1

My character has been wiped around 9 times or so. Every time he is at a place in his life where he can start doing something else than just running around and hiding from bandits trying to scrape together some food, he magically wakes up at the beach. This groundhog day thing is getting pretty old..

Edited by Ekemos
  • Like 1

This is not for moaning. I just wanted to do a simple poll so that we can see what is the most annoying. People can view results/vote.

EDIT: More bugs added.

ehh not this pool again... You know if someone want to see most annoying bugs, he can simply go here http://feedback.dayzgame.com/plugin.php?page=Vote/list_bugs , and thats most comprehensive pool you can get.

Nothing breaks my spirit like a death-by-fall when you bug through buildings/stairways/that F ship.

ALSO who the hell dies when he falls 1-2m height feet first

Lighten up buddy. It is just a poll. Vote/view results or gtfo.

First you tell me to lighten up, then to gtfo? What's wrong with you ? Sorry if that made you angry, but we don't need pools like this. Thanks for contribution tho.

Edited by Hexploit

First you tell me to lighten up, then to gtfo? What's wrong with you kid?

Hexploit

Sent Today, 12:25 PM

If u want to unleash your young anger on me do it in private message. No need to spam forums with nonsense nobody needs

You know a troll when they call people "kid" ;]. Leave Britney alone xD lol

Edited by CrazyandLazy

You know a troll when they call people "kid" ;]. Leave Britney alone xD lol

wow you really are pathetic.

wow you really are pathetic.

:3

Deep breathes buddy. Name calling and hate mail/private messages will not get you anywhere right?

:3

Deep breathes buddy. Name calling and hate mail/private messages will not get you anywhere right?

I send you private message coz i dont want to spam forums.  You on the other hand dont care and keep on flaming + you post private messages on Dayz forum which is very matue. Seriously beat it kid this is game forum not your personal battleground. I wish you luck in your internet wars, im sure you will grow up one day.

i can live with the glitches and bugs, realistically I dont understand why so main complaints about banding and wall kills...

I have banded a few meters once or twice, however I only play on local servers or at least something with an A+ ping...

not sure if that is related or what.

I have never been killed by a ladder, wall or anything odd like that. I frequently jump down ladders when closer to the bottom.

havent had a character wipe since I started ONLY playing on servers with this

Dayz CA (or whatever suffix)24 bla bla bla

the typical gameservers, frag, mpg, vilayer

I can not live with me enjoying my low lag, low pop, lone wolf runs around the edges of the map. I dip in for a quick look at an airfield or base and to my luck its full of loot, get all i need about to leave and as if by teleport someone shows up behind me or around the corner when 2 seconds earlier they were not, and boom I take a hidden axe to the back of the head (server hoppers)

Server hopping has to be the easiest thing to fix, and yet it still runs rampant. Also it must help the servers from not having so many players jumping around the hive, thus giving better server performance maybe?

Edited by deebz1234

I send you private message coz i dont want to spam forums. You on the other hand dont care and keep on flaming + you post private messages on Dayz forum which is very matue. Seriously beat it kid this is game forum not your personal battleground. I wish you luck in your internet wars, im sure you will grow up one day.

Dude calm down. Seriously. You started calling me kid. I called you out on it and you sent a hate mail. Then you edited your post and removed "kid". Funny thing is you are still doing it lol.