crazyandlazy

So people getting kicked and banned by Battleeye are hackers?

I had to come back for this. Bans were nevertheless ineffective for the duration of the first few weeks. But honestly I think that it was a server framework issue because Dean did say that servers are still being optimized and even with the low amount of zombies loot and players the servers were under full capacity. So I think some optimizations had to be made to implement BE. Still, we have no proof so it's an interesting thought.

Hello there

Yes, it is an interesting little conspiracy, but BE just was not ready to be fully meshed with the Alpha at launch time. If the Dev's wanted to eak out a little more cash, there's far more profitable ways to do it. As a pure cheat catching maneuver it too isnt viable.

Rgds

LoK

I don't know who Wulfie is and he has 1 unknown VAC ban from 3 years ago. Are you serious?

Support staff not a mod.

Hello there

That link just takes me to the steam forums?

Rgds

LoK

The thread was apparently removed.

Ah nevermind, it was explained above already.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

I had to come back for this. Bans were nevertheless ineffective for the duration of the first few weeks. But honestly I think that it was a server framework issue because Dean did say that servers are still being optimized and even with the low amount of zombies loot and players the servers were under full capacity. So I think some optimizations had to be made to implement BE. Still, we have no proof so it's an interesting thought.

I thought you said you were signing off that is not posting anymore. Why'd you come back?

Hello there

This is why its so nice to have BE installed as any activity can be monitored and false positives overturned.

Rgds

LoK

Except he is utterly incorrect. No bans were removed. BE was implemented at a later date. Also, some aspects of BE inherently do not immediately kick/ban. Its a subtle little thing.

Rgds

LoK

Utterly doesn't mean what you wish it means.

that old bans were not longer in effect and old hackers where glad that they could play again is not "utterly" different then removing the bans.

They were celebrating being back in the game. Wonder how many have been banned again that were banned in the old mechanism.

Really

Oh, you are so picky.

Utterly doesn't mean what you wish it means.

that old bans were not longer in effect and old hackers where glad that they could play again is not "utterly" different then removing the bans.

They were celebrating being back in the game. Wonder how many have been banned again that were banned in the old mechanism.

Really

The bans were never removed from BattleEye, I hope they all get banned maybe then they wont waste there time with scripts in a game.

The bans were never removed from BattleEye, I hope they all get banned maybe then they wont waste there time with scripts in a game.

I agree. My thought is that, once you cheat, you will always cheat for that particular game. 

Long Story short, the system works people. Is it perfect? nope, but it does the job and it is making a difference very slowly.  You ask why?

Look at the forums, the reddits and the general mood of most people here.

The amount of complaints towards hacking, not major, it's there but not major.

Compare that to the number you saw in WarZ/ Infestation Survivor Stories (whatever it's called)

And you can tell that there is a better effective system that is making a difference here as work continues.

Yes there is hacking, there is no doubt but from my perspective it's not as bad as what I saw in the mod (SO FAR) and in other games. :)

Cheers

Z

• Like 3

What the actual **** is going on. There aren't even any hacks for the ****ing standalone, I didn't search for any or do anything to alter DayZ SA. I was global banned from Arma 2 not the DayZ Standalone, there is no justification in doing that. That's like going to prison, coming out and then being put back in again just because you we're in there once before.

I did some googling and found 3 public hacks for standalone and 11 private hacks that you have to buy.

• Like 2

I thought you said you were signing off that is not posting anymore. Why'd you come back?

When logged into my laptop to do some work, I had a few emails from the DayZ forums, so I checked it out and saw that orlek had written so, and I had a strong influx of feeling to reply, so I did. Then when things died down again, left.

I agree. My thought is that, once you cheat, you will always cheat for that particular game. 

You're actually right, once you cheat you will always be a cheater for that game because you've seen how easily you get things with cheats and when things don't go your way, hax time. That said, DayZ SA is not Arma 2 OA, or Arma 3. It was a mod, and the SA is actually quite different so far.

Long Story short, the system works people. Is it perfect? nope, but it does the job and it is making a difference very slowly.  You ask why?

Look at the forums, the reddits and the general mood of most people here.

The amount of complaints towards hacking, not major, it's there but not major.

Compare that to the number you saw in WarZ/ Infestation Survivor Stories (whatever it's called)

And you can tell that there is a better effective system that is making a difference here as work continues.

Yes there is hacking, there is no doubt but from my perspective it's not as bad as what I saw in the mod (SO FAR) and in other games. :)

Cheers

Z

Half of these hack complaints are just by people flaming about how someone that killed them did something slightly out of the unusual and so they start a new thread and call in for hax0rz. 

I did some googling and found 3 public hacks for standalone and 11 private hacks that you have to buy.

Wonderful, I did kind of submit to this in my later posts. However they are things like ESP and Aimbot, which were injected by .dll's which are really really easy to track. Now that Battle Eye is part of DayZ, it should be on top of anything DLL related.

This guy has 142 games could you imagine the awesomeness if valve was like battleye and banned all his games for hacking.

• Like 1

Servers without battleye enabled should be getting blacklisted from the hive. If they want cheaters, they shouldn't be able to bring their characters into our protected servers.

• Like 3

to be honest it don't matter about battleye or VAC banning, i been snooping around some hacking community forum and the section for DayZ is ridiculous, people can already bypass VAC and battleye, most commercial use hacks are being picked up on and banned but the private hacks are still in use and will be until all back doors are shut 

• Like 2

to be honest it don't matter about battleye or VAC banning, i been snooping around some hacking community forum and the section for DayZ is ridiculous, people can already bypass VAC and battleye, most commercial use hacks are being picked up on and banned but the private hacks are still in use and will be until all back doors are shut 

That is really a shame.

That is really a shame.

wost part is, they have a thread titled "why do we hack"

and most of em go on to say "because i don't want to gear up like a normal person"<---why the hell are you even playing then

and the other answers are just "i like killing people"

i really hope rocket can seal the back doors

• Like 1

arma 2 bans don't affect your dayz standalone ban status. end of story.

if you're banned in arma 2 you're not necessarily banned in dayz:sa.

but if you're banned in arma 3 you're banned in dayz:sa as well and the other way around.

also there is plenty of hacks. scripting was possible from day 1 and more hacks emerged that are impossible to patch.

there is always going to be ESP hacks. that said - the team should be able to get to a point where that is all you can do. esp's and aimbots (and such).

but if everything else has been made serverside we will definitely not see any more godmode players, people shooting through walls, teleporters, infinite ammo people etc.

on a side note - vac and battle-eye are pretty bad and only detect a few pbulic hacks - the more skilled kind of "hacker" will never be banned - as for the rest - they will always be back.

Would think that the Dev's, when they are ready to get hard on hackers would go buy all the pay hacks, download all the public ones and from there harden their systems.

The people who are making money selling the hacks would then have to spend the time to re-code and test the new ones; buy them and ban them. If they are quick enough two things will happen, first making the hack will cease to be profitiable as they are blocked so quickly, second their reputation would begin to drop off as people who are buying hacks are getting banned and having to re-buy the game (making the script kiddies QQ)  If this was kept up then the effort and cost to make the hack/script for DayZ just wouldn't be worth it... right?

• Like 1

I was in a game with my buddy the day that the Battleye update was applied (Jan.5/14)- we were in game for about half an hour when he was suddenly kicked by battleye. He didn't seem to know why he was kicked, so I told him what I saw on-screen and he was shocked, claiming innocence, etc.

Now my question is simply what are the chances that he was innocent? I've played a lot of games over the past few years with my friend and nothing like this has ever come up. That being said, he is an internet friend, so I guess I don't really know him 100%... 

I don't think BattleEye is as accurate as it should be, but I guess it gets the job done. The only reason I say it's not very accurate is because I play with my brother and a few times when he was having connection issues with his ISP and lagging like crazy, he has been kicked by BattleEye. I am 100% certain he doesn't hack. However he wasn't banned or anything, I think sometimes when people are just simply losing connection it might say they were kicked by BattleEye instead of "XplayerX is losing connection."

Well sorry to tell that but private hacks will never be stopped.

Private hacks are undetectable and unstopable that's why you have to pay for them.

I was in a game with my buddy the day that the Battleye update was applied (Jan.5/14)- we were in game for about half an hour when he was suddenly kicked by battleye. He didn't seem to know why he was kicked, so I told him what I saw on-screen and he was shocked, claiming innocence, etc.

Now my question is simply what are the chances that he was innocent? I've played a lot of games over the past few years with my friend and nothing like this has ever come up. That being said, he is an internet friend, so I guess I don't really know him 100%... 

He was kicked or banned and kicked?

Would think that the Dev's, when they are ready to get hard on hackers would go buy all the pay hacks, download all the public ones and from there harden their systems.

The people who are making money selling the hacks would then have to spend the time to re-code and test the new ones; buy them and ban them. If they are quick enough two things will happen, first making the hack will cease to be profitiable as they are blocked so quickly, second their reputation would begin to drop off as people who are buying hacks are getting banned and having to re-buy the game (making the script kiddies QQ)  If this was kept up then the effort and cost to make the hack/script for DayZ just wouldn't be worth it... right?

Some people think that people that makes (private)hacks and anti-hacks are the same people.

How else you could explain that private hacks (that you pay money for) are always one step ahead of anti-hack?

He was kicked or banned and kicked?

This is the vital q.