• Adding a bit more to stop KoS mentality
    • Fix Wall/Floor glitches allowing you to hide and kill while unseen
    • 3rd person removal
    • More weapons
    • Improve Hacker Security
    • Respawn Loot
    • Gamma/Brightness exploit removed/improved
    • More stability to client
    • Meh, I couldn't care less. I just enjoy reading the tears. They taste so nice...

Hi all,

Since the release of DayZ Standalone, we have all noticed a never ending amount of repetitive posts/complaints referring to the same damn thing. Its going to take the Devs years to sort through all the tears from the past few weeks which is going to delay the fixing of these issues.

So.... I have come up with an idea of doing a poll where you can select one thing you think needs to be changed and hopefully the Devs will pick what the community wants most and fixes said issue thus stopping 60% of tears and allowing them to concentrate on other things or have a life.

I have picked the top 10 complaints from both the Forum and DayZ Bug Report/Feedback site since SA was released. If you vote, please only vote if you believe that it is of utmost importance and needs to fixed ASAP.

This poll is probably not going to stop these annoying repetitive posts and even if said change is fixed, more repetitive posts will probably appear and annoy everyone again. At that point, I hope that BI or the Devs would have created a filter to stop multiple threads regarding the same issue(s).

Be4st

Not on the list,

But character wipes need to be fixed in my opinion. I've been killed more by the server than by players or dehydration/starvation.

Edited by Ghostflux

Who voted for more weapons?  I could slap you...

Focus on bigger issues.  Client stability and server hopping I think are the two most important in my opinion.  Guns will be added.....that shouldn't be our focus.  It's not like the devs planned on only having 4 guns in the game.

Add to the poll:  Fix the damn zombies... It is a zombie survival game after all... 

The zombie threat is laughable, zombies walk through walls and hit you through wall... I just killed by an invisible zombie

the animations are terrible

it is hard to say if you are hitting successfully and if you are being hit by a zombie

Start fixing these things then we can talk about the rest.

• Like 2

hopefully the Devs will pick what the community wants most and fixes said issue thus stopping 60% of tears

The devs only have their hands in the development, they know better than any of us what needs working on.

Hopefully they will continue according to plan and ignore any tears.

People shouldn't cry over computer games anyway.

• Like 6

Combat Logging + Server hopping should be as one option, it's the #1 problem to solve right now, because it just makes the game unplayable, I stopped playing DayZ 9 days ago and I won't play again until we get rid of all the combat loggers and server hoppers

• Like 2

Not on the list,

But character wipes need to be fixed in my opinion. I've been killed more by the server than by players or dehydration/starvation.

Dean has mentioned that character wipes WILL happen in SA but that has only happened to me once. The random wipes people are getting are down to the server hosting company not setting the server up right. Rocket cannot do anything about that.

Add to the poll:  Fix the damn zombies... It is a zombie survival game after all... 

The zombie threat is laughable, zombies walk through walls and hit you through wall... I just killed by an invisible zombie

the animations are terrible

it is hard to say if you are hitting successfully and if you are being hit by a zombie

Start fixing these things then we can talk about the rest.

I was thinking of adding this personally but Rocket knows about the issue and is probably working on it.

Combat Logging + Server hopping should be as one option, it's the #1 problem to solve right now, because it just makes the game unplayable, I stopped playing DayZ 9 days ago and I won't play again until we get rid of all the combat loggers and server hoppers

I know they are the biggest things to fix but they should have their own separate vote as they are separate problems. The game is not unplayable. Unplayable means that you CANNOT play it whatsoever. You can play it, you just chose not to.

nobody ever thinks about us mods..

L

• Like 1

This is ridiculous, I'm going to be the only person who uses this sentence right,

"This is Alpha"...

The whole point of this isn't to add more loot to lag everybody to death, or more "goodies" for you people to run around with; only so you can make more threads complaining about more stuff because you died.

It's about optimizing the SERVER SIDE architecture so that we can make room for more loot, zombies, weapons and security in the beta.

P.S; How do you all propose we fix Combat Logging? I've seen ideas of keeping the body there for 10-15 seconds extra, is that so you can continue shouting in direct comms for an extra 10-15 seconds telling that person to put their hands up? How do you know there isn't a 10-15 second timer in now? My point is, it won't make a difference because you're still going to think he's active in game due to his character still being active in front of you.

Edited by ColinM9991

I'd love to be able to loot the people I fairly beat. That's probably my biggest hope for a fix.

At this point most server hopping is because loot doesn't respawn, if you fix loot so it spawns dynamically you fix most server hopping.

This is ridiculous, I'm going to be the only person who uses this sentence right,

"This is Alpha"...

Hence the poll. I know its in Alpha, you know its in Alpha but all the people complaining are either sharing their opinion and failing to use the search function or they do no understand the concept of an Alpha and think they were robbed of their parents cash. This poll is just to make it a little easier on the Devs (if they ever read it). Hopefully, they will see that say 70% of people want something done urgently and go ahead and put it on a priority list and bang it out in the next update and then less people will be complaining.

Hence the poll. I know its in Alpha, you know its in Alpha but all the people complaining are either sharing their opinion and failing to use the search function or they do no understand the concept of an Alpha and think they were robbed of their parents cash. This poll is just to make it a little easier on the Devs (if they ever read it). Hopefully, they will see that say 70% of people want something done urgently and go ahead and put it on a priority list and bang it out in the next update and then less people will be complaining.

I agree with you, I'm tired of seeing threads like "How to Fix KoS" which are posted at least 20 times a day, I'm tired of seeing the same bugs posted over and over again with end sentences like "IM NEVER PLAYING THIS AGAIN" etc. This poll is going to bring more disappointment though; the devs know what they are working on (which is server side optimization) and people are just going to get disappointed when they realize that half of what they've been reporting such as combat loggers, isn't even important as they think and won't be worked on until possibly full game release.

I absolutely hate combat loggers myself, but the only way to ever stop it is for BI to make an operating system with no Alt+F4, no Task Manager, run it in a computer that's "Solar" powered off air and can never be opened; because regardless of what's put in the game, people will always be able to combat log; and keeping your character in a game for 10 seconds more would cause a lot of issues such as if a sniper is watching you ready to take a shot without your knowledge and you log without knowing there was a sniper.]

Besides, we're not here to enjoy gameplay as of yet, we're here to stress test the hell out of the game and report bugs; even though I'm being a hypocrite now saying that (I've been playing for fun most of the time), it's true.

Edited by ColinM9991

No option for further AI development, I think this will have a far more influential effect than most people think, if done to the standards described by rocket.

It could impede server jumping and plausibly take KOS down to satisfactory levels. This is would be due to zombies being more threatening than player therefore they would take the brunt of player aggregation, all without removing KOS allowing players to choose how they play.

Edited by IcyBlade

I server hop, and I want them to take it out too force me to stop. Lmao. No self control over here.

• Like 1

Other than stability, most these issues should be behind ones not even on the poll. 

Voted for Hacker Security. I believe it is incredibly important to make this game as airtight as possible. I know it's never gonna be foolproof, but you can fight it. Hacking and major exploitation can ruin an early gaming experience and we don't need to let hackers run amok.

Bearing in mind ofc that this is my opinion only, and these forums as a whole don't represent the majority of the userbase.

The number one thing people want fixed, according to the poll, isn't even a problem with the code.  It's a problem with player behavior.  I wouldn't expect this to even be on radar until well past suicide ladders, server hardening and zombie pathing.

fixing the loot respawn will basically result in less server hopping

• Like 1

nobody ever thinks about us mods..

L

Inappropriate thoughts?

Lol, I think most of that list are well known issues that are a priority. Some will be fixed sooner rather than later and some will naturally roll out with patches. More weapons should not be a concern since that is an ongoing process that really will not cut into the other areas of development. But if pinned down I would love to see better Zombie pathfinding, increase the amount of zombies, change loot spawning mechanics, and a fix for combat logging. Those will all take time though so not in a huge rush. Mostly posted for the innuendo. 

• Like 1

Every single thing listed in this poll is already known and acknowledged by the devs. This poll servers no purpose at all. The devs have their own priority system and NOTHING we do will change that. OP seems to be doing nothing but trolling and trying to stir drama.

Edited by Zogvarn